Denver baker sued for refusing to write anti-gay slogans on cake

I think he has to sell them cakes, but I don't know about having to write the messages in frosting the couple wants. This will be a messy fight.

Denver baker sued for refusing to write anti-gay slogans on cake - Yahoo News

You can't have it both ways selective liberal equal protection supporters! If you force a Christian baker to bake a cake for a gay wedding, then a baker must bake a cake for an anti-gay event (something I find as deplorable)!
Yes, and she offered to bake the cake, as was required. What she did not offered to do was help him spread his hatred, but he never wanted the cake in the first place, he just wanted to make his very weak and inaccurate point.

So when the Christian baker (which I am not Christian) states they will bake the cake (as many will do), but they won't put on the two 2 men or 2 women then a hypocrite asswipe like you is AOK with that?
As long as they bake the cake that's just fine, and there is nothing hypocritical about it. If you want 100 T-shirts that say Kill All The Fucking ******* they have to sell you the shirts but you might have to work a bit to get them printed. See how that works now? I can't refuse to sell you a Bible if I sell Bibles, but I don't have to go out to parking lot and help you burn it if that's your plan.

I think he has to sell them cakes, but I don't know about having to write the messages in frosting the couple wants. This will be a messy fight.

You can't have it both ways selective liberal equal protection supporters! If you force a Christian baker to bake a cake for a gay wedding, then a baker must bake a cake for an anti-gay event (something I find as deplorable)!

Does a bookstore have to sell Bibles?
In the real world I would say if the book store owner didn't want to sell bibles. He shouldn't.

Yes, and she offered to bake the cake, as was required. What she did not offered to do was help him spread his hatred, but he never wanted the cake in the first place, he just wanted to make his very weak and inaccurate point.

So when the Christian baker (which I am not Christian) states they will bake the cake (as many will do), but they won't put on the two 2 men or 2 women then a hypocrite asswipe like you is AOK with that?

Regardless of what you think, if you support in your liberal anti-Christian hypocrisy that right of the government to force a Christian baker into baking the cake they don't want to bake, then you are a hypocrite to see this differently.

I fully support this bakers right to REFUSE this deplorable people's business, but then I also believe the Christian baker has the right to say no to a gay wedding.

They might get away with that if their policy was to put NO figures on any of their cakes.
Or, they might not stock cake toppers for gay weddings, which is perfectly fine since they are not required to however if they do then you sell to anyone with money in hand, period.

jknowgood

I'm a straight male. But I am not 'anti-gay'. To me, homosexuals pose no threat. If they want to enter a stabilizing institution like marriage, it does not threaten the existence of my marriage at all. Homosexuals do no harm, they commit no crimes by simply being homosexual, they are no more promiscuous than heterosexuals.

Why would anyone think that repressing homosexuals is anywhere close to the right thing to do? Why do you count yourself among the 'anti-gay'?
I don't hate gay people. I think the idea of it is sick, but what people do in their lives is their business. Lately though they want it to be my business. I was for civil unions for gays, give them every right heterosexuals get when they are married. Not good enough, they want to be married. Which is supposed to be between a man and woman under God. I'm tired of it being shoved in my face, that's it. Gays have redefined marriage, now we are fixing to have a blood related father and daughter getting married and they plan to have kids. So congratulations! Liberals are making our society a cess pool.
Actually we believe that your kind is the cause of that. Evil, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

I would have baked the cake and then donated the total amount of bill to Denver Chapter of The Human Rights Campaign in his name.

Did you support forcing a baker to cater a gay wedding?

If the caterer is a business offering wedding catering to the public, then yes - they cannot discriminate against same sex weddings any more than they could discriminate against a Jewish wedding, or a mixed race wedding.
Okay, then if the other baker writes anything on his cupcakes, then he cannot discriminate either.

So the State of Virginia is in violation of anti-discrimination laws with this?

Guidelines
The Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) will not approve an application for a personalized license plate if the requested plate contains any combination of characters that in any way carries a connotation which may reasonably be seen by a person viewing the license plate as:
  1. Profane, obscene, or vulgar in nature.
  2. Sexually explicit or graphic.
  3. Excretory related.
  4. Used to describe intimate body parts or genitals.
  5. Used to describe drugs, drug culture, or drug use.
  6. Used to condone or encourage violence.
  7. Used to describe illegal activities or illegal substances.
Yeah so you can't have a i'm gay plate. See there is consistency in that. Neither a anti gay person or a gay person can have a plate, but in your world a gay person gets their cake. An anti gay person cannot. Thanks for proving my point.

Your point?

Can the State of Virginia legally deny a registration/plates to someone because they are gay?

Let me help you. NO.

That proves my point.
Okay the baker sold the gay couple goods, he just didn't want to do their wedding. Pretty much the same point, thanks again. The baker sold them goods knowing they were gay.

If you force one than the other has to do the same. Liberals opened this pandors box, even after you were warned. Now live in the filth you have created. We will soon have a father and daughter married and they have plans to bear children. Congratulations.
They are required, by law, to bake the cake if they bake cakes. They are not required to do anything beyond that.

And the choices of two adults in this case are really none of your business now are they? At least that's what your kind usually says eh?
the choice of the other guy and the baker is also none of your business. Liberals made the case you cannot discriminate no matter what. The baker forced to bake the gay cake, that was offensive to him, but not to you. Had to do it. The baker that is trying to be forced to to something that is offensive to him, but not the customer. You agree with this baker so he doesn't have to comply with the law the other baker does. That's not right. Try to be consistent.
They are both required to bake and sell cakes, if they bake and sell cakes. That's it. Neither is required to put the artwork on showing you jerking off to Sarah Palin pictures, got it now?
Better than you jacking off to your Obama posters, but the baker was being forced to make a decorated gay cake, so again what's your point?
The point is, which you are having such a hard time understanding, they both get the cake but the message is up to the buyer to make happen. Reasonable people can see the difference between Happy Birthday Suzy and Kill All Faggots, but I'm betting that you can't however the courts, no so dumb as you.
So the baker for the gay wedding could've just sold them a blank cake? If so we agree.

jknowgood

I'm a straight male. But I am not 'anti-gay'. To me, homosexuals pose no threat. If they want to enter a stabilizing institution like marriage, it does not threaten the existence of my marriage at all. Homosexuals do no harm, they commit no crimes by simply being homosexual, they are no more promiscuous than heterosexuals.

Why would anyone think that repressing homosexuals is anywhere close to the right thing to do? Why do you count yourself among the 'anti-gay'?
I don't hate gay people. I think the idea of it is sick, but what people do in their lives is their business. Lately though they want it to be my business. I was for civil unions for gays, give them every right heterosexuals get when they are married. Not good enough, they want to be married. Which is supposed to be between a man and woman under God. I'm tired of it being shoved in my face, that's it. Gays have redefined marriage, now we are fixing to have a blood related father and daughter getting married and they plan to have kids. So congratulations! Liberals are making our society a cess pool.
Actually we believe that your kind is the cause of that. Evil, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
I wonder if you can actually feed yourself, I don't hate anyone. Liberals cannot say that.

They are required, by law, to bake the cake if they bake cakes. They are not required to do anything beyond that.

And the choices of two adults in this case are really none of your business now are they? At least that's what your kind usually says eh?
the choice of the other guy and the baker is also none of your business. Liberals made the case you cannot discriminate no matter what. The baker forced to bake the gay cake, that was offensive to him, but not to you. Had to do it. The baker that is trying to be forced to to something that is offensive to him, but not the customer. You agree with this baker so he doesn't have to comply with the law the other baker does. That's not right. Try to be consistent.
They are both required to bake and sell cakes, if they bake and sell cakes. That's it. Neither is required to put the artwork on showing you jerking off to Sarah Palin pictures, got it now?
Better than you jacking off to your Obama posters, but the baker was being forced to make a decorated gay cake, so again what's your point?
The point is, which you are having such a hard time understanding, they both get the cake but the message is up to the buyer to make happen. Reasonable people can see the difference between Happy Birthday Suzy and Kill All Faggots, but I'm betting that you can't however the courts, no so dumb as you.
So the baker for the gay wedding could've just sold them a blank cake? If so we agree.
If you mean a blank Wedding Cake, that is correct. He was not required to do the artwork of two men screwing each other or stock gay wedding cake toppers.

Would not be illegal to refuse to sell him a cake. Guy owns the restaurant, has the right to refuse service to anyone.

You don't actually have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, you know that, right?

The Right to Refuse Service

Thats all gray area stuff. You have the right to patronize or not patronize whereas the business owner has the right to refusal. The owner doesn't even need to give a reason.

What planet are you posting from?

Evidently, you're still ignorant of such laws.

If you can cite a law where a business owner can refuse service to someone because of their race, by all means,

post it.

And now you're being preposterous. Astounding, but normal coming from you.

jknowgood

I wonder if you can actually feed yourself, I don't hate anyone. Liberals cannot say that.
I hate a lot of people, who deserve to be hated.

If you mean a blank Wedding Cake, that is correct. He was not required to do the artwork of two men screwing each other or stock gay wedding cake toppers.
Well they tried to force him to do it and that's what I was against. The baker sold them goods prior to the couples request for a wedding cake.

jknowgood

Do you believe in separate but equal? Because that is what civil unions are. And who said anything at all about incestuous marriage? That is not an issue in the marriage equality debate.

And what precisely is being shoved in your face?

And God is for churches. Marriage licenses are issued by the state. Churches may sanctify marriage, not control access to the protections and benefits of the marriage contract as issued by the state.

and I might remind you of your own words: what people do in their lives is their business

You don't actually have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, you know that, right?

The Right to Refuse Service

Thats all gray area stuff. You have the right to patronize or not patronize whereas the business owner has the right to refusal. The owner doesn't even need to give a reason.

If you can cite a law where a business owner can refuse service to someone because of their race, by all means,

post it.

So now you want to deny you just said this?

"the business owner has the right to refusal" and then "you're still ignorant of such laws"

So...cite the laws. Cite the laws that give a business owner the right to refuse service to a person because of race.

Well they tried to force him to do it and that's what I was against. The baker sold them goods prior to the couples request for a wedding cake.
It's a cake. He bakes cakes, for all comers, period. Who marries who is none of his damn business since his business is baking cakes.

jknowgood

So you want to claim you don't hate anyone, but you just hate to see certain types of people have equal rights.

Yes, that's so much nicer...

jknowgood

I hate a lot of people, who deserve to be hated.
Hating is not good for the soul.

post it.

So now you want to deny you just said this?

"the business owner has the right to refusal" and then "you're still ignorant of such laws"

So...cite the laws. Cite the laws that give a business owner the right to refuse service to a person because of race.

There aren't and I never mentioned race discrimination either.

Regardless of what you think, if you support in your liberal anti-Christian hypocrisy that right of the government to force a Christian baker into baking the cake they don't want to bake, then you are a hypocrite to see this differently.

I fully support this bakers right to REFUSE this deplorable people's business, but then I also believe the Christian baker has the right to say no to a gay wedding.

They might get away with that if their policy was to put NO figures on any of their cakes.
Or, they might not stock cake toppers for gay weddings, which is perfectly fine since they are not required to however if they do then you sell to anyone with money in hand, period.

Well, I suppose they could only stock one piece man/woman cake topper figurines. If the groom and bride are two separate pieces they'd have to allow 2 of the grooms to be put on the cake.

Such work to be a bigot lol. I wouldn't have the ambition for it.

jknowgood

So you want to claim you don't hate anyone, but you just hate to see certain types of people have equal rights.

Yes, that's so much nicer...
Who said I hate, I disagree there is a difference. I was wanting to compromise, but you couldn't have that.

Forum List

Back