Derek Chauvin Trial Live: Judge Reinstates 3rd-Degree Murder Charge; Jury Selection Continues

You kidding? Some people riot,burn and steel crap now, even when their team wins in the finale of a sports season. Some people just weren't raised any better. I think it is like getting their own trophy to remember the occasion. Go figure.
threatening to burn cities is all antifa and blm. sorry fella.
Yeah, right.
View attachment 466552
Ferguson? Chicago? La? Portland? Minneapolis? Atlanta? Seattle?

I'd have to disqualify myself from being on that jury. Sure, it will be a really interesting trial, but time consuming and dangerous if MAGA-hatter types learn your identity. Also, I'd have to admit that I already consider Chauvin guilty as hell.

If that jury finds him guilty those people on the jury run the risk of being harassed, stalked and threatened for years to come.

It shouldn't be that way but when dealing with trump supporters violence is a very real probability.

Yep, that would be reason alone not to serve. Racist white nationalist militia types would be ruthless in their pursuit to out jurors.

It shouldn't be that way and it has not been that way for a long time.

The problem is that the first and go to reaction of those people is violence.

"Those" people? Sounds like some stereotyping and bigotry at work.
That’s all demofks know

You kidding? Some people riot,burn and steel crap now, even when their team wins in the finale of a sports season. Some people just weren't raised any better. I think it is like getting their own trophy to remember the occasion. Go figure.
Yeah, right.
View attachment 466552
Even in the cities of BLM protests, (not the hundreds that were peaceful across the country) the very few violent ones were really due to the allure of the opportunity to steal free shit during the confusion, I figure. People streaming out of stores broken into by rioters carrying in TV sets, tennis shoes and liqueur don't say much about black lives mattering (even to other blacks) as minority owned businesses were often right in the middle of it. That is why I figure it was about free shit.

I have pretty well done my duty, serving on two separate calls to jury duty. I was always salaried, so it did no cost me, and did not actually tie me up for more than a day or two on either occasion. It is just citizenship at the basic level.

We all get that W6 and I've done same. On of my jury duties lasted a week.
The question remains.
Would you be amenable to a trip that lasted 6 months and endangered you and your fam?

Yeah, right.
View attachment 466552
Even in the cities of BLM protests, (not the hundreds that were peaceful across the country) the very few violent ones were really due to the allure of the opportunity to steal free shit during the confusion, I figure. People streaming out of stores broken into by rioters carrying in TV sets, tennis shoes and liqueur don't say much about black lives mattering (even to other blacks) as minority owned businesses were often right in the middle of it. That is why I figure it was about free shit.
yeah and the people hurt and killed were just casualties of stupid right?

Third Degree Murder seems appropriate to me. I could be wrong, but I think they'll convict him on that.

I'd have to disqualify myself from being on that jury. Sure, it will be a really interesting trial, but time consuming and dangerous if MAGA-hatter types learn your identity. Also, I'd have to admit that I already consider Chauvin guilty as hell.

Actually the ones you want to worry about are the ones on your side of the aisle, since there is no doubt at all that unless Chauvin is found guilty of a substantial crime your side is going to riot all around this country.

Actually the ones you want to worry about are the ones on your side of the aisle, since there is no doubt at all that unless Chauvin is found guilty of a substantial crime your side is going to riot all around this country.
That's a fact.

If that jury finds him guilty those people on the jury run the risk of being harassed, stalked and threatened for years to come.

It shouldn't be that way but when dealing with trump supporters violence is a very real probability.
People that accept that kind of challenge to do their duty are just wonderful people, in my book.
Anyone stupid enough to serve on a jury is too stupid to decide a case. I get called every year and have always avoided actually sitting on a jury.

I have been asked to be on a Jury 4 times, always have a good reason to decline.

self induced. yep. he killed himself, that's what a suicide is called. Cause of death was not asphyxiation.

You apparently don't understand what the definition of "homicide" is. You might want to look up that word.

self induced. yep. he killed himself, that's what a suicide is called. Cause of death was not asphyxiation.

You apparently don't understand what the definition of "homicide" is. You might want to look up that word.
sure I do, suicide is on the list. you should really learn how to do this shit. wow. suicide is illegal. you still didn't answer if he didn't die of asphyxiation, how is it murder?

Third Degree Murder seems appropriate to me. I could be wrong, but I think they'll convict him on that.

Minnesota's third-degree murder statute reads: "Whoever, without intent…causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life…"

"perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others" - the Minneapolis police are instructed to do this to subdue somebody who is resisting arrest, right? So, is it eminently dangerous to others? Eminently means 'extremely'; is it really? How many others have died from a knee to the neck vs how many didn't? Would Floyd have died if he didn't have that Fentenyl in his body? Absent that condition was the action Chauvin took extremely dangerous to others?

"evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life…" - how the hell do you prove that in a court of law? Chauvin was performing his duty according to his training, was he not? How are you going to show a 'depraved mind' when his training told him to do it?

All that said, an argument could be made that Chauvin should have taken his knee off Floyd's neck sooner than he did. I don't know the correct term for that misconduct, but I don't think he is guilty of 3rd degree murder.

Minnesota's third-degree murder statute reads: "Whoever, without intent…causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life…"

"perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others" - the Minneapolis police are instructed to do this to subdue somebody who is resisting arrest, right? So, is it eminently dangerous to others? Eminently means 'extremely'; is it really? How many others have died from a knee to the neck vs how many didn't? Would Floyd have died if he didn't have that Fentenyl in his body? Absent that condition was the action Chauvin took extremely dangerous to others?

"evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life…" - how the hell do you prove that in a court of law? Chauvin was performing his duty according to his training, was he not? How are you going to show a 'depraved mind' when his training told him to do it?

All that said, an argument could be made that Chauvin should have taken his knee off Floyd's neck sooner than he did. I don't know the correct term for that misconduct, but I don't think he is guilty of 3rd degree murder.
and he didn't die from asphyxiation. So how did the cop murder him?

Has it occurred to you that the M.E. can be wrong and that he overlooked the fact that Floyd was dying due to massive overdose of a dangerous drug in his crime filled body, right in front of the police?

He was struggling to breathe BEFORE the police arrived, this means the drug was in the process of killing him.

Forum List

Back