Officer Chauvin files for an appeal

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017
Chauvin's attorney, William Mohrman, argued Wednesday that because video and reports of Floyd's death were so widely publicized, kicking off nationwide protests, the jury was essentially 'poisoned.'
The defense is also demanding that the court assign a new venue for a new trial.
Chauvin was sentenced to 22- and-a-half-years in prison for the murder of Floyd, and last July, he was given another 21 years on federal charges of civil rights violations.
'You can't hold a trial in a community where the jurors are looking at the possibility of a riot in the event the jury acquits the defendant,' Mohrman said.

April 19 (Reuters) - The judge overseeing the trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin on Monday harshly criticized U.S. Representative Maxine Waters' remarks on the case, saying she might have given the defense grounds for appeal in the event of a conviction.
Hennepin County District Judge Peter Cahill said during the closing moments of Chauvin's trial that it was abhorrent of Waters, a Democrat from California, to tell protesters it would be unacceptable for the former officer to be acquitted of murdering George Floyd.

comment:
Officer Chauvin did not get a fair trial.
The racist Democrat Congresswoman Maxine Waters tampered with the jury by going to Wisconsin and making treats of more Left-Wing violence if she was not satisfied with the verdict.
It was a politically motivated verdict.
If it had not been an election year and if George Floyd had been white people would have never heard of him.

Fentanyl kills thousands of people every year.

Why is fentanyl so dangerous? - Drugs.com

How does fentanyl kill you? Most people die from respiratory depression and failure from an overdose of an opioid like fentanyl. This means breathing stops altogether, and they cannot …

The "other significant conditions" listed by the medical examiner were "arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease; fentanyl intoxication; [and] recent methamphetamine use."

God almighty. For some reason you idiots won’t learn.

The possible defenses for Chauvin were examined. And he didn’t qualify for any of them.

1) Chauvin was following policy or procedure. He wasn’t. His trainer and chief of police said he wasn’t. Chauvin couldn’t find a single expert to say he was doing it right.

2) Cause of death dispute. This would require a Medical Examiner to certify and attest that the cause of death was Drugs not related to Chauvin. Not one ME could be found that would attest and swear under oath. The Defense Expert said he would list it as undetermined. And offered a lame assed observation that car exhaust could be a contributing factor.

I know. It irks you guys to no end. But he did it. He had a well financed defense team. And the Jury found him guilty.

Chavin did nothing wrong. Floyd stuffed himself full of deadly drugs and killed himself. The medical examiner found no evidence of strangulation or asphyxia. Floyd had arteriosclerotic and hypertensive heart disease, fentanyl intoxication and recent methamphetamine use. Chauvin had no way of knowing Floyd was overdosing. The only reason he was found guilty is because of anti-white-cop racism. Cops are taught that if someone is talking they can't be experiencing strangulation. Dr. Baden (the second examiner hired by Floyd's family) said that is not true but Chauvin is not a doctor.

I support the verdict, because I think it's good. I give no fucks about your take on it, because everything you believe is stupid.
Yeah, we have already established you support a bad verdict. That you think it is 'good' and your penchant for insulting others speaks volumes about your highly estimable non-intellect.

Forum List

Back