Derek Chauvin Trial Live: Judge Reinstates 3rd-Degree Murder Charge; Jury Selection Continues

self induced. yep. he killed himself, that's what a suicide is called. Cause of death was not asphyxiation.

You apparently don't understand what the definition of "homicide" is. You might want to look up that word.

Has it occurred to you that the M.E. can be wrong and that he overlooked the fact that Floyd was dying due to massive overdose of a dangerous drug in his crime filled body, right in front of the police?

He was struggling to breathe BEFORE the police arrived, this means the drug was in the process of killing him.
self inflicted deaths are Homicide

Third Degree Murder seems appropriate to me. I could be wrong, but I think they'll convict him on that.

Minnesota's third-degree murder statute reads: "Whoever, without intent…causes the death of another by perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others and evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life…"

"perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others" - the Minneapolis police are instructed to do this to subdue somebody who is resisting arrest, right? So, is it eminently dangerous to others? Eminently means 'extremely'; is it really? How many others have died from a knee to the neck vs how many didn't? Would Floyd have died if he didn't have that Fentenyl in his body? Absent that condition was the action Chauvin took extremely dangerous to others?

"evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life…" - how the hell do you prove that in a court of law? Chauvin was performing his duty according to his training, was he not? How are you going to show a 'depraved mind' when his training told him to do it?

All that said, an argument could be made that Chauvin should have taken his knee off Floyd's neck sooner than he did. I don't know the correct term for that misconduct, but I don't think he is guilty of 3rd degree murder.

I think it fits quite well.

"perpetrating an act eminently dangerous to others": I think this fits. Are officers instructed to put their weight on the suspect's neck for 8 minutes and whatever seconds it lasted? I really hope they're not instructed to do that. The medical report specifically says that this is what caused his death.

Medical report: "Cause of death: Cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression"

"evincing a depraved mind, without regard for human life…"
Onlookers were screaming at him to get off his neck, concerned about Floyd's life. Floyd was clearly not doing well and Chauvin didn't budge from pressing down on his neck. What would the defense be? That Chauvin was blind, dead, and retarded and didn't notice that the mean is dying under his knee?

I don't think his training told him to do what he did. If they did, then those people need to be prosecuted as well.

self induced. yep. he killed himself, that's what a suicide is called. Cause of death was not asphyxiation.

You apparently don't understand what the definition of "homicide" is. You might want to look up that word.

Has it occurred to you that the M.E. can be wrong and that he overlooked the fact that Floyd was dying due to massive overdose of a dangerous drug in his crime filled body, right in front of the police?

He was struggling to breathe BEFORE the police arrived, this means the drug was in the process of killing him.

The medical examiner's report mentioned the fentanyl so they were clearly aware of it. They still ruled it a homicide and claimed that the cause of death was: "Cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression"

Are you under the impression that you know something they don't? They're clearly aware of it and they disagree.

You can argue that the medical examiners are wrong if you want. But they're the experts and I'll take their word over anyone else's.

Overdose. Hope the cop gets off so he can rid us more criminal scum.

The medical examiners disagree with you.

"Manner of death: homicide"

"Cause of death: Cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression"

Can't make it any clearer than that.

The medical examiner's report mentioned the fentanyl so they were clearly aware of it. They still ruled it a homicide and claimed that the cause of death was: "Cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression"

Are you under the impression that you know something they don't? They're clearly aware of it and they disagree.

You can argue that the medical examiners are wrong if you want. But they're the experts and I'll take their word over anyone else's.
I guess more than you, no asphyxiation.

Cause of death: Cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression.

What part of that do you not understand?

"Cause of death: Cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression"

Why was Floyd complaining about not being able to breathe when he was upright?

Cause of death: Cardiopulmonary arrest complicating law enforcement subdual, restraint, and neck compression.

That it doesn’t say asphyxiation . That’s the claim for the murder

The medical experts have spoken. Sorry bud.

Apparently you don't know what "neck compression" means. Not my fault.

Dude, it doesn’t match murder. Still waiting on you to explain

Asphyxiation and that’s not the cause of death. So how’s it murder by cop

I'm just quoting what the medical examiners said. Not my fault you don't understand it.

I'm just quoting what the medical examiners said. Not my fault you don't understand it.
I do, it doesn’t say asphyxiation which is what it needs to be to charge the cop

It specifically says "cause of death" and says "neck compression". Not hard to understand, but too hard for you to get.

It specifically says "cause of death" and says "neck compression". Not hard to understand, but too hard for you to get.
No asphyxiation. You need that cause

I do, it doesn’t say asphyxiation which is what it needs to be to charge the cop

It says that the cause of death is neck compression. I just quoted it.

HEART ATTACK YOU MORON!

I'd have to disqualify myself from being on that jury. Sure, it will be a really interesting trial, but time consuming and dangerous if MAGA-hatter types learn your identity. Also, I'd have to admit that I already consider Chauvin guilty as hell.

If that jury finds him guilty those people on the jury run the risk of being harassed, stalked and threatened for years to come.

It shouldn't be that way but when dealing with trump supporters violence is a very real probability.
People that accept that kind of challenge to do their duty are just wonderful people, in my book.

I agree.

I've been called to jury duty a couple of times.

My concern is that if they find this man guilty the people on that jury may face harassment and threats from white supremacists.

I hope it doesn't happen but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

My concern is that if they find this man guilty the people on that jury may face harassment and threats from white supremacists.

and if they don't find him guilty, there will be [B]urning, [L]ooting, and general [M]ayhem.

He won't be found guilty. You can always find at least one cop loving racist on every jury.
It all depends on the official cause of death. If it was a drug overdose, it wasn't murder or manslaughter, no matter what the cops did.

Forum List

Back