🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Despite letters of apology from admin, congress furious over Bergdahl deal

Well lets just let Obama know he better not think about breaking no laws to bring home those AMERICAN civilians still being held by the Taliban.

Congress does NOT have the power to stop the POTUS (right or left) from making Military decisions and/or WAIT 30 days before he does...

protected by the Constitution of the United States of America from knee jerk morons playing politics.

Article II, Section 2, Clause 1.

deal with it

Last edited:
He broke the law.

He said he would ignore that 30 day notification requirement under certain circumstances when that law conflicted with his duties as Commander in Chief, so in this case he is a man of his word.

Correct, he said he would violate the law and did violate the law. Just like Bonnie and Clyde said they would rob more banks and did.

Not exactly. He said he would act in accordance with the Constitution and did. Nothing like the murderous criminals Bonnie and Clyde.

Well lets just let Obama know he better not think about breaking no laws to bring home those AMERICAN civilians still being held by the Taliban.

Why didn't they include their release in terms of the swap?

Congress does NOT have the power to stop the POTUS (right or left) from making Military decisions and/or WAIT 30 days before he does...

protected by the Constitution of the United States of America from knee jerk morons playing politics.

deal with it

Releasing criminals is not the role of the CiC.......now...pay attention......

I am referring to the detainees we have in GITMO.

They are NOT POW's. They are criminals that we sought out and captured to be brought to justice. There is a difference. A BIG difference. They were not enemy soldiers that lost a battle and surrendered to our troops and taken as POW's.

We had special operations to find these particular guys and take them into custody so they could face a trial for their crimes against American. Most were not even on the field of battle and I believe some were found in Pakistan. (not sure about that though).

If you recall....Holder wanted to formally charge them and have them tried in US Federal Courts.

We do not try POW's.

So the president freed criminals. Perhaps for a good cause.....but that is NOT his role as a CiC. That is the role of the justice department.

Unless the President pardons them.

Now, if he pardoned them, then he needed the approval of congress to use tax payer money to transport a pardoned criminal.

Did he do that?

Why didn't they include their release in terms of the swap?

Because they were there by their own choice.

Bergdahl was serving his nation with honor and distinction and captured on the battlefield..

It is not like Bergdahl made his own choice to be out in the theatre with no protection and no one watching his back...

Oh wait....

Never mind.

Maybe because Weinstein is a Jew?

Last edited:

deal with it

They are NOT POW's. They are criminals that we sought out and captured to be brought to justice. There is a difference. A BIG difference. They were not enemy soldiers that lost a battle and surrendered to our troops and taken as POW's.

We had special operations to find these particular guys and take them into custody so they could face a trial for their crimes against American. Most were not even on the field of battle and I believe some were found in Pakistan. (not sure about that though).

If you recall....Holder wanted to formally charge them and have them tried in US Federal Courts.

We do not try POW's.

So the president freed criminals. Perhaps for a good cause.....but that is NOT his role as a CiC. That is the role of the justice department.

Now, if he pardoned them, then he needed the approval of congress to use tax payer money to transport a pardoned criminal.

Did he do that?

call them anything you like... when Afghanistan ends, the detainees in GITMO are sent home. That's an international law

Jake he didn't give Congress the required 30 day notification. He broke the law.

And to return the 5 top echelon Taliban members is going to come back to haunt the US.
He let go a known mass murderer who massacred innocent Afghan civilians on quite a regular basis.

He doesn't need to give 30 days..they changed that in the ndaa. Furthermore this plan has been in the works since at least 2012...Congress knew about it then.

You have nothing

Give us a link to that change in ndaa

Being in the works, is not the same thing as letting them know the exact time of exchange.

I'll get it when I get home...

Tell Fienstein, or is she grandstanding? Or as I suspect very ignorant?

Grandstanding I'd assume....he is cic he doesn't need to inform anyone..Presidents from Washington too Obama have done this with military matters.

WTF he signed it into law, now he may choose to ignore it but never the less it is law. Why did he apologize for something he didn't have to do?

Why would Feinstein be grandstanding on Obama's back?

Read and learn: Obama broke the law. He needs to admit it. - The Week

Signing statements and executive orders are funny like that..they work around things...being cic means he can...just like every other president.

deal with it

We do not try POW's.

Did he do that?

call them anything you like... when Afghanistan ends, the detainees in GITMO are sent home. That's an international law

We're not at war with Afghanistan.

We never were....

Grandstanding I'd assume....he is cic he doesn't need to inform anyone..Presidents from Washington too Obama have done this with military matters.

WTF he signed it into law, now he may choose to ignore it but never the less it is law. Why did he apologize for something he didn't have to do?

Why would Feinstein be grandstanding on Obama's back?

Read and learn: Obama broke the law. He needs to admit it. - The Week

Signing statements and executive orders are funny like that..they work around things...being cic means he can...just like every other president.

"
Rep. Howard P. “Buck” McKeon, California Republican and committee chairman, expressed relief over Sgt. Bergdahl’s release but said “we have a responsibility to both the American people and the troops still in harm’s way in Afghanistan to get to the bottom of this deal with the Taliban

“I am particularly troubled by the release of five senior Taliban leaders, men with the blood of many on their hands, and the implications for our deployed forces,” Mr. McKeon said. “I am no less concerned that the Obama administration broke a national security law, passed with bipartisan support and signed by the president, in transferring these detainees

Read more: Inside the Ring: Hagel to testify before House panel on Bergdahl prisoner exchange - Washington Times
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

We do not try POW's.

Did he do that?

We're not at war with Afghanistan.

We never were....

we've never officially been at war with anyone in this century ..

not much gets by you does it :lol:

I found this interesting from that article.

The uproar over Bergdahl extended even to his hometown, the rural hamlet of Hailey, Idaho, where officials canceled plans to hold a celebration this month. They cited security concerns after being inundated with negative emails and angry phone calls.

Why he did it? Congress can't be trusted not to leak. The circus to follow could have scuttled the deal
Not "could" have.

Most certainly would have.

Besides, the answer would have been "NO!"

And that would have been the right answer

deal with it

We do not try POW's.

Did he do that?

"...and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States"

I don't see anywhere in the Constitution that says he needs Congressional approval for any of what you claim. No 30 day waiting period, no having to get Congress to approve of the transportation funds, zero, nada.

deal with it

Not being beholden to either political party, this is what i laugh at you people for the most. Your endless flip flopping on the power of the Presidency based on which party holds it as if we don't have long term memories. What I laugh at the other side the most is their claim to be the party of small government.

deal with it

We do not try POW's.

Did he do that?

You do not know "international law" as you naively put it.

The Geneva Convention does not take into consideration prisoners taken for crimes.

Know your shit before spewing it.

deal with it

We do not try POW's.

Did he do that?

"...and he shall have Power to grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States"

I don't see anywhere in the Constitution that says he needs Congressional approval for any of what you claim. No 30 day waiting period, no having to get Congress to approve of the transportation funds, zero, nada.
You can't pardon POW's.

deal with it

We do not try POW's.

Did he do that?

So how does international law work when this happens.....

We declare the war is over. Because we said so.

We release all detainees first...as we did this time around with the five prisoners.

We then fly into the sand pit to get our one or two detainees that they have...you know...part of the "end of war international law" thing...

Our BH lands...and the men in the chopper watch as they shoot their detainees while one of them holds a sign saying "we never ended the war"....

And then they shoot the chopper with an RPG....

How does international law handle that?

Forum List

Back