Detroit mayor announces 2 FREE years of college to all HS graduates

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
These are nearly all black kids who can't even read. They graduate from HS thanks to affirmative action grading. Another wasteful give-away from the poorest city in america.

Mayor Duggan announces Detroit Promise Zone program that will provide all Detroit HS graduates 2 years of free college

3/22/2016 3:05:00 PM
Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan announced that from this day forward, every Detroit high school graduate will be guaranteed two years of tuition-free college education.

It’s a commitment made possible through the Detroit Promise Zone, an authority Mayor Duggan and the Detroit City Council created last fall to dedicate a portion of tax dollars to permanently fund two-year scholarships.

The Promise Zone will provide a tuition-free path to an associate’s degree at a community college for a graduate of any Detroit high school – no matter whether private, public, or charter. The program will also enable many young Detroiters to begin their post-college careers free of debt.

Not an awful idea. Here in SC our lottery funds free tech college to HS grads who can get in.

It's better than them spending 4 years at a liberal shit hole campus getting brainwashed and saddled with 75K in debt just to graduate as a little junior dick sucking communist with a worthless piece of paper.

JUST where does a MAYOR get that kind of POWER? they have a STATE GOVERNMENT don't they? or now you living in Detroit just have Dicktaors

I'd guess the most popular programs to be chemistry, automotive technology and locksmithing. Very good choices for a youn' brudda looking to get hea.....I mean ahead.

-gangsta-1297031897.jpg

• Banned
I'd guess the most popular programs to be chemistry, automotive technology and locksmithing.

That would take intelligence and blacks don't have that. They're gonna get "degrees" in silly but easy crap like african studies and sociology.

Seems like a good program. Funded by private organizations for the first several years and then funded by a tax. Better to give these kids an associate's degree and a trade than having to pay for them to be in jail or on the dole.

Detroit can't even afford to keep citizens safe with a decent police department. How the hell are they going to pay for two years of college for every dumb ass kid who manages to graduate from their sub-standard high schools?

Seems like a good program. Funded by private organizations for the first several years and then funded by a tax. Better to give these kids an associate's degree and a trade than having to pay for them to be in jail or on the dole.
So it's not free after all. Taxpayers are being forced to fund it. More left wing democrat fascism. So, what else is new?

So it's not free after all. Taxpayers are being forced to fund it. More left wing democrat fascism. So, what else is new?

People have their own children to educate, they have no desire to pay for others also

JUST where does a MAYOR get that kind of POWER? they have a STATE GOVERNMENT don't they? or now you living in Detroit just have Dicktaors

Yeah and where will the money come from for those "free" years of college??

I'm sure the taxpayers will have a thing or three to say about that.

Unfortunately, too many of those taxpayers are oblivious. They're called 'democrats'.

I think its a good idea. Problem is, its going to managed by complete fucking morons.

like how their son was the first kid in their family to go to college?

like how their son was the first kid in their family to go to college?

If their son wants to go to college then he can get a job and pay for it himself.

There is no such thing as "free." Someone will be paying for it.

Forum List

Back