Detroit mayor announces 2 FREE years of college to all HS graduates

JUST where does a MAYOR get that kind of POWER? they have a STATE GOVERNMENT don't they? or now you living in Detroit just have Dicktaors

Yeah and where will the money come from for those "free" years of college??

I'm sure the taxpayers will have a thing or three to say about that.
like how their son was the first kid in their family to go to college?

If their son wants to go to college then he can get a job and pay for it himself.

There is no such thing as "free." Someone will be paying for it.
I didn't say they wouldnt

Not an awful idea. Here in SC our lottery funds free tech college to HS grads who can get in.

It's better than them spending 4 years at a liberal shit hole campus getting brainwashed and saddled with 75K in debt just to graduate as a little junior dick sucking communist with a worthless piece of paper.

It's not free to the tech schools but it does drastically reduce the costs.

Seems like a good program. Funded by private organizations for the first several years and then funded by a tax. Better to give these kids an associate's degree and a trade than having to pay for them to be in jail or on the dole.

You lost my support when you said tax. If these kids own parents won't invest in them, tell me why it's such a good investment for me.

Well, there you have it. "Conservatives" terrified that some black kids might get an education and take their jobs.

Seems like a good program. Funded by private organizations for the first several years and then funded by a tax..

You believe that?? HAHAHA. It's all funded by taxes of working white men.

I think its a good idea. Problem is, its going to managed by complete fucking morons.

If the kids were taught technical skills it might be ok. But blacks can't do technology. This is gonna be more mickey mouse BS and the kids will graduate with am associate's degree is some crap like "interpersonal skills".

If their son wants to go to college then he can get a job and pay for it himself.

There is no such thing as "free." Someone will be paying for it.

That used to work but the democrats screwed that up too. They started this disastrous student loan program which prompted colleges to say to themselves "hey, these kids get all these govt guaranteed loans so that lets us triple tuition." Now college is too expensive to pay for with a part-time student job.

Well, there you have it. "Conservatives" terrified that some black kids might get an education and take their jobs.

They can pay for their own edumacation. Whites are sick of paying for all these freebies to blacks.

Look, you small minded, shriveled soul ignoramus, the program is for all high school grads. It is called priming the pump. And, since I am currently taking classes, I see many young black men and women also taking classes. Many of them in the hard sciences.

Your idiotic bigotry is highly offensive, and a detriment to this nation. We need educated young people, in the trades, and in the sciences. I am all for making the first two years of college or tech school free throughout the US. High school is no longer adaquete. No matter how good and faithful a worker you are, if the job does not require education, it is simple enough for a machine to do, and a machine will be made to do it. Simple fact in today's world.

These are nearly all black kids who can't even read. They graduate from HS thanks to affirmative action grading. Another wasteful give-away from the poorest city in america.

Mayor Duggan announces Detroit Promise Zone program that will provide all Detroit HS graduates 2 years of free college

3/22/2016 3:05:00 PM
Detroit Mayor Mike Duggan announced that from this day forward, every Detroit high school graduate will be guaranteed two years of tuition-free college education.

It’s a commitment made possible through the Detroit Promise Zone, an authority Mayor Duggan and the Detroit City Council created last fall to dedicate a portion of tax dollars to permanently fund two-year scholarships.

The Promise Zone will provide a tuition-free path to an associate’s degree at a community college for a graduate of any Detroit high school – no matter whether private, public, or charter. The program will also enable many young Detroiters to begin their post-college careers free of debt.

They gotta start somewhere

I think its a good idea. Problem is, its going to managed by complete fucking morons.

If the kids were taught technical skills it might be ok. But blacks can't do technology. This is gonna be more mickey mouse BS and the kids will graduate with am associate's degree is some crap like "interpersonal skills".
I want to argue with you but I cant..

Look, you small minded, shriveled soul ignoramus, the program is for all high school grads. It is called priming the pump. And, since I am currently taking classes, I see many young black men and women also taking classes. Many of them in the hard sciences.

Your idiotic bigotry is highly offensive, and a detriment to this nation. We need educated young people, in the trades, and in the sciences. I am all for making the first two years of college or tech school free throughout the US. High school is no longer adaquete. No matter how good and faithful a worker you are, if the job does not require education, it is simple enough for a machine to do, and a machine will be made to do it. Simple fact in today's world.

The Mayor didn't mention Tech Schools, just College. And, most colleges require a certain grade point average or SAT score for admission. I suggest that ALL high school graduates do not make the cut.

The Mayor didn't mention Tech Schools, just College. And, most colleges require a certain grade point average or SAT score for admission. I suggest that ALL high school graduates do not make the cut.

Blacks perform lower than all other race/ethnic groups in all three SAT areas and have for many years. If whites aren't getting admitted due to not meeting a certain score, how do any blacks get in?

You are offended? You have two options. Get over it or tough shit.

The ONLY way you can make it free is if you find those who can't pay for it themselves and fund their tuition by writing the school a check on their behalf. It's not free if you force someone to fund what the kid's own parents won't fund.

Tell me why you think something is such a good investment for me if a kid's own parents won't invest in him/her.

Forum List

Back