Detroit principles charged with recieving kickbacks.

Wyatt earp

Diamond Member
Apr 21, 2012
What else is new?

Some principals charged with kickbacks faced financial woes

DETROIT — A dozen Detroit principals and an administrator are accused of finding a way to bleed their struggling public schools of $900,000 — ordering chairs, writing paper and other supplies that in most cases were never delivered, even as investigators doggedly battled fraud in a district that lacks textbooks and even toilet paper.

Federal authorities say the bribery and kickback scheme started as early as 2002 and ended earlier this year. It is the latest in a string of embarrassing public corruption cases where elected officials and workers succumbed to the temptation of an easy dime left in a too-often unguarded public till.

"They stole from the children," said an angry Ida Byrd-Hill, who had two children attending a Detroit high school in 2009 during the height of the alleged kickbacks

yep, any time there's a large pool of money you can count on the thieves to come calling.

same thing happened here in chicago.

and the best part is these pieces of shit invariably hide behind the mantra that they "do it all for the children." They don't give half a fuck about the children, they're just greedy pigs stealing from those same children.

What else is new?

DETROIT — A dozen Detroit principals and an administrator are accused of finding a way to bleed their struggling public schools of $900,000 — ordering chairs, writing paper and other supplies that in most cases were never delivered, even as investigators doggedly battled fraud in a district that lacks textbooks and even toilet paper.

Federal authorities say the bribery and kickback scheme started as early as 2002 and ended earlier this year. It is the latest in a string of embarrassing public corruption cases where elected officials and workers succumbed to the temptation of an easy dime left in a too-often unguarded public till.

"They stole from the children," said an angry Ida Byrd-Hill, who had two children attending a Detroit high school in 2009 during the height of the alleged kickbacks
Now if they could only somehow audit the federal and state governments to see who is padding whose accounts?

But then, if you think about it, even when discovered no one gets prosecuted anyway. Somehow those in the highest offices have a way with influencing judges.

Last edited:
What else is new?

Now if they could only somehow the federal and state governments to see who is padding whose accounts?

But then, if you think about it, even when discovered no one gets prosecuted anyway. Somehow those in the highest offices have a way with influencing judges.

But But but they need more money, the government knows how to spend your money better then you.

I hate these pro big government , pro public union fuck heads.

In a democrat run city? Fraud? Damn....

Department of Redundancy Department meets Composition Fallacy Central. Result: logical fraud.
THIS is why your silly ass is on ignore. When you don't have a cogent response to a post, you argue debating club rules. THIS is real life, Possum boy and in real life Detroit, Democrats are in total control to the point where they are accustomed to getting away with robbing the taxpayers.
Back to Limbo for you.

LOL Once again Bodecea can't bring himself to say "This person was wrong" solely based on that person's politics. What a piece of shit

In a democrat run city? Fraud? Damn....

Department of Redundancy Department meets Composition Fallacy Central. Result: logical fraud.
THIS is why your silly ass is on ignore. When you don't have a cogent response to a post, you argue debating club rules. THIS is real life, Possum boy and in real life Detroit, Democrats are in total control to the point where they are accustomed to getting away with robbing the taxpayers.
Back to Limbo for you.

:lol: :lalala: is the usual response from the intellectually impoverished while I wait for y'all to figure out the point. A point which has been made sufficiently in the past, to the poster who summoned me here with his Jimmy Olsen watch.

We sit, and we wait. :popcorn:

LOL Once again Bodecea can't bring himself to say "This person was wrong" solely based on that person's politics. What a piece of shit
Fascinating. Am I your "project" now? OF COURSE it's wrong.....and my comment is that it goes waaaaaay farther than just one city, IMO.

Now....feel free to follow me around some more, Sweetie.

I'm sure many school districts and states take kickbacks from textbook companies and all these "programs" they pay thousands for.
"I'm sure" hardly equates to fact.
"Many schools"....got a list do you?
LINK
No list....but it stands to reason. Why would these textbook companies be so wealthy....why are some many jumping into the "educational program" business....and why with all these new textbooks and programs making guinea pigs out of students, are kids learning less and less?

I'm sure many school districts and states take kickbacks from textbook companies and all these "programs" they pay thousands for.
LINK
No list....but it stands to reason. Why would these textbook companies be so wealthy....why are some many jumping into the "educational program" business....and why with all these new textbooks and programs making guinea pigs out of students, are kids learning less and less?
Funny you and facts disagree.
"The Detroit public school system, which is $3.5 billion in debt and may run out of funding by April, has become a national symbol of neglect and failure over the last few months, with teachers protesting and holding sickouts in response to decrepit facilities."

That school system is 3.5 BILLION dollars in debt. Just the school system, NOT the state NOT the city just the f#cking school system.
Does Hillary WANT to catch criminals?

"Meanwhile, Clinton provided a more direct response, saying she would end the emergency management operations of the school system in Detroit – a big union priority – and create an "education SWAT team" within the Department of Education that would help flailing school systems get back on their feet."

In short NO! She wants the feds to take over.
In Debate, Clinton Goes to Bat for Teachers Unions

LINK

Got a list of "Republican-run cities" do you?

Don't say I never gave you an easy task.
How about the five best run states in the country?

1. North Dakota

Governor: Jack Dalrymple, Republican

State Senate: Republican control

State House of Representatives: Republican control

> Debt per capita: $3,282 (22nd lowest)
> Budget deficit: None
> Unemployment: 3.5% (the lowest)
> Median household income: $51,704 (20th highest)
> Pct. below poverty line: 12.2% (13th lowest)

2. Wyoming

Governor: Matt Mead, Republican

> Debt per capita: $2,694 (18th lowest)
> Budget deficit: 10.3% (32nd largest)
> Unemployment: 6.0% (7th lowest)
> Median household income: $56,322 (13th highest)

3. Nebraska

Governor: Dave Heineman, Republican

State Legislature: Republican control

> Debt per capita: $1,279 (2nd lowest)
> Budget deficit: 9.7% (34th largest)
> Unemployment: 4.4% (2nd lowest)
> Median household income: $50,296 (22nd highest)
> Pct. below poverty line: 13.1% (tied-15th lowest)

4. Utah

Governor: Gary Herbert, Republican

> Debt per capita: $2,356 (15th lowest)
> Budget deficit: 14.7% (25th largest)
> Unemployment: 6.7% (tied-11th lowest)
> Median household income: $55,869 (14th highest)
> Pct. below poverty line: 13.5% (tied-17th lowest)
Republicans Lead the Best-Run States in America, Democrats Dominate the Worst

Those ARE entire states mind you. You can;t even run a damn school district.

Forum List

Back