Dickens workhouses started with good intentions

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016
Y Cae Ras

But became overwhelmed by the level of poverty.

It illustrates that charity cannot solve the problems of society and that the state must step in.

This was the richest country and the biggest empire in the world and was unwlling to feed and house its people.

Th shame of a capitalism that works or the few and not the many.

But they had good intentions at the start.

the Bolshevik Revolution started off with good intentions.

Look how that turned out.

It illustrates that charity cannot solve the problems of society and that the state must step in.

This was the richest country and the biggest empire in the world and was unwlling to feed and house its people.

Do you think England was a capitalist nation back then? ... there are those who question whether she's a capitalist nation today ...

The ONLY qualification of the current Head-of-State is that his mother was Head-of-State ... that's sad ... and no, these folk do not care about the serfs ... they're slaves, they don't deserve food until their landlord is well fed ...

The intentions was to better work the slaves to death ... that's all they're good for ... just like the middle class here in the USA ...

Do you think England was a capitalist nation back then? ... there are those who question whether she's a capitalist nation today ...

The ONLY qualification of the current Head-of-State is that his mother was Head-of-State ... that's sad ... and no, these folk do not care about the serfs ... they're slaves, they don't deserve food until their landlord is well fed ...

The intentions was to better work the slaves to death ... that's all they're good for ... just like the middle class here in the USA ...
Capitalism is an economic system. The UK was dedicated to enriching the owners of capital to the detriment of everyone else.

We used to ship our criminals to the US and Australia but that didnt work.

Thats why the country was such a state and half the world was enslaved.
Its only slightly better now.

I do think we should sack the royal family. But the biggest argument used against it today is the reluctance to follow an american model.

Nobody wants a british version of trump. That would debase us as a people.

This was the richest country and the biggest empire in the world and was unwlling [sic] to feed and house its people.

That, of course, is the perspective of a worthless, burdensome parasite, that has never held an honest job in its entire worthless life, has never done an honest day of work, has only survived on the backs of others that work to support it as well as themselves, and that has, in fact, expressed contempt for those of us who actually do honest work for a living.

Well Bob if you were academically gifted ,or even applied yourself in school, you would have a better job with better working conditions.

What place do you, as a worthless parasite, delusionally imagine yourself to have to look down on me for my profession? I contribute more to society on a good day, that you have your entire life.

That, of course, is the perspective of a worthless, burdensome parasite, that has never held an honest job in its entire worthless life, has never done an honest day of work, has only survived on the backs of others that work to support it as well as themselves, and that has, in fact, expressed contempt for those of us who actually do honest work for a living.

What place do you, as a worthless parasite, delusionally imagine yourself to have to look down on me for my profession? I contribute more to society on a good day, that you have your entire life.
I guess we can add history to the long list of things you know nothing about.

Why are you addressing [Sparky ? He hasn't posted in this thread.

Perhaps some synergy between your overuse of poppy products, and the ravages of tertiary neurosyphilis, are causing you to lose track of who you are trying to respond to.

Somebody is throwing him a few quid (£s) beer money every week to write his garbage .
It is decades since freaks like him were seen -- shades of secret communist type cells and extreme unionism .
A working class cliche coming from high unemployment coal mining area in Wales .
Bitter and educationally warped .

Capitalism is an economic system. The UK was dedicated to enriching the owners of capital to the detriment of everyone else.

We used to ship our criminals to the US and Australia but that didnt work.

Thats why the country was such a state and half the world was enslaved.
Its only slightly better now.

I do think we should sack the royal family. But the biggest argument used against it today is the reluctance to follow an american model.

Nobody wants a british version of trump. That would debase us as a people.
We already had one Bozo the Clown Johnson.

Definitely off today.

HIs father , John : John Dickens was forced by his creditors into the Marshalsea debtors' prison in Southwark, London in 1824. His wife and youngest children joined him there, as was the practice at the time. Charles, then 12 years old, boarded with Elizabeth Roylance, a family friend, at 112 College Place, Camden Town

It was not unwilling at all and you misstate the intentions AND the connection with Capitalism.

Everything you say is shown false , in detail, with references , by the master historian of that era

The De-moralization Of Society: From Victorian Virtues to Modern Values​

by Gertrude Himmelfarb

Forum List

Back