Dick's CEO Confronted By Shareholder For Scorched Earth Against 2nd Amd.

So what? I'm sure horse and buggy stock isn't doing so well, either. Times are changing, and people are waking up to what guns really are : death tools.

No.....guns in America save more lives than they take.... you just lied in that post.

In 2016.... 11,004 gun murders...

Each year, according to the CDC Americans use their legal guns to stop rapes, robberies and murders 2.4 million times a year......

Can you tell which number is bigger.....so, they are not death tools, they are tools for saving the lives of innocent people.

So what? I'm sure horse and buggy stock isn't doing so well, either. Times are changing, and people are waking up to what guns really are : death tools.

Golly, that's helpful, 'cuz when I was a kid, we all thought firearms were tools to make rainbows.

Thanks for clearing that up.
You're welcome. See, we have normalized these items that are chiefly used to put holes in living things. They should not ever have been normalized. They should have a stigma attached to them. And this is starting to happen.

If I saw a guy in line at the grocery store with a spiked club and samurai swords across his back, I would think, "Wow, look at this fucking freak!" I think the same thing should happen with guns, and I think it will.

If that doesn't make sense, I could try to dumb it down further.

More people are buying guns in this country, especially women and minorities, two groups that haven't been the buying guns...... you don't know what you are talking about....

What doesn't make sense it to suggest we haven't always understood how firearms work.
That is not what I suggested. I suggested we romanticized and normalized them, and I am suggesting that we are transitioning to a time when they are properly stigmatized and treated more like tools of death than ubiquitous appliances of everyday life.

No one ever thought that. Grow up.
Of course they do. Stop fooling yourself.

A firearm is not a "tool of death". It is a tool to use to provide food, to provide entertainment and recreation, and a tool of self defense

It is,first and foremost, a tool of death. I am not saying it cannot also be used to accomplish those things,and you are missing my point.

A firearm is not a "tool of death". It is a tool to use to provide food, to provide entertainment and recreation, and a tool of self defense

It is,first and foremost, a tool of death. I am not saying it cannot also be used to accomplish those things,and you are missing my point.

No, I'm pointing out that you have no point because your fear and hatred is blinding you to the truth. It is NOT a tool of death. It is so much more than that. It's all about the PERSON that is using it.

It is NOT a tool of death.
It, of course, is. It's chief purpose is to put holes in living things. And I think that, once it is properly stigmatized, then we will have smarter gun control.

Don't worry, I am not proposing or predicting that hunters will lose their ability to shoot unarmed creatures from a distance and call it "sport".

Oh noes. One share holder. Oh my.

OP, why is this significant?
You can actually buy just one share and attend an AGM if you want to be a nuisance. I have done it myself in the past. Its a standard agitators tactic.

Ah, just one share so you can go into a meeting and be an ass. Seems very English to me.
That is what this chap has done. I am not judging him for doing so. You use the tools that you have.

The last Dicks closed near me 2 years ago.
More to do with higher pricing and that they started to tailor the stores to a more urban fag sports store. Kayaks, bicycles and lots of spandex.

Real men go to FleetFarm for fishing and hunting around here.
The Mans Mall.

It is NOT a tool of death.
It, of course, is. It's chief purpose is to put holes in living things. And I think that, once it is properly stigmatized, then we will have smarter gun control.

Don't worry, I am not proposing or predicting that hunters will lose their ability to shoot unarmed creatures from a distance and call it "sport".

Of course it is not. And, of course, you could say the same about nails. All they do is put holes in things. You're simplistic and basically wrong. It's sad. And gun control is useless as they are finding in the United Kingdom. If you concentrate on things and don't control people, you have gun control, then knife control, then rope control, brick control, club control and etc.

Golly, that's helpful, 'cuz when I was a kid, we all thought firearms were tools to make rainbows.

Thanks for clearing that up.
You're welcome. See, we have normalized these items that are chiefly used to put holes in living things. They should not ever have been normalized. They should have a stigma attached to them. And this is starting to happen.

If I saw a guy in line at the grocery store with a spiked club and samurai swords across his back, I would think, "Wow, look at this fucking freak!" I think the same thing should happen with guns, and I think it will.

If that doesn't make sense, I could try to dumb it down further.

What doesn't make sense it to suggest we haven't always understood how firearms work.

Personally, I don't give a shit what someone carries as long as they do not infringe on the rights of another.

The only thing that has changed is that once we were a nation of capable, intelligent, autonomous and responsible people. Now we are becoming a nation of incapable, simpering idiots made so by dickwads like FFI.

You can actually buy just one share and attend an AGM if you want to be a nuisance. I have done it myself in the past. Its a standard agitators tactic.

You don't get to speak if all you have is a single share. What that share will buy you is the ability to sue the company. Yet again you have no idea of what you are speaking.

That's because your "point" is specious at best. Based on the sheer number of guns in this country it is arguably the worst "tool of death" in the country. Doctors kill orders of magnitude more people every year, with far fewer of them, than all the guns we have combined.

You don't get to speak if all you have is a single share. What that share will buy you is the ability to sue the company. Yet again you have no idea of what you are speaking.
Is that a US law ? In the UK any shareholder can get up and ask a question.

Dak_8oXV4AAerOD.jpg

Is that a US law ? In the UK any shareholder can get up and ask a question.

Highly doubtful. Shareholder meetings are very regulated to keep idiots from wasting the very valuable time of fellow shareholders. Like i said, the single share ploy allows you to sue, but little else. I've been to dozens of shareholder meetings and not once has a gadfly been allowed to speak.

Forum List

Back