Did Anybody See Meet the Press, Today ? Good Grief!!

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
It's been a while since I've watched Meet the Press, so I thought I'd tune it in today, and see what they're saying. Oh boy! I felt like like I might have been watching any of the basement ratings shows on MSNBC. Talk about slanted - this was a textbook example.

First, I'll give them a little credit for having 3 conservatives on (as opposed to many more liberals). The 3 conservatives were Raul Labrador (R-ID), who is strong on opposition to illegal immigration, Danielle Pletka, of American Enterprise Institute, who made a very forceful condemnation of the Iraq deal (giveaway), and Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas. That said, just about all the rest of the show was about the equivalent of a Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders campaign commercial.

Obviously biased show host Chuck Todd, put up a series of statistics clearly designed to nullify opposition to illegal immigration, while simultaneously throw a grenade at the Donald Trump campaign (which went on all through the show). At this point, let me say that I don't necessarily believe a word of Todd's statistical graphics, or the notions that they are supposed to represent.
For example, it was said that out-migration of illegal aliens has been equal to in-migration of illegals. This apparently is supposed to be saying that since there is not a net influx, that now everything is OK, no need for any alarm about illegal immigration, and that Donald Trump's words have no validity.

EARTH TO MEET THE PRESS: There should not be ANY in-migration of illegal aliens, and the fact that the net is zero, that means that the inflow is causing the net amount to be worse than the positive outflow we would have, were it not for that inflow. And the inflow of illegals is completely nullifying the work of ICE, and whoever else doing the work of deportation which should be a positive ++++ very high number, as it was in the mid 1950s, with Operation Wetback, during the Eisenhower administration.

I could list one head scratcher after another here. Another was Andrew Friedman who said we lost the war in Iraq. WHaaaat ?
wtf20.gif
thinking.gif
Thousands of American soldiers died in that war, and were absolutely VICTORIOUS, after the 2007 surge, with Iraq under control of American-friendly forces, and remained that way well until 2011, when Obama removed US troops. It was only THAT which turned a victory into a takeover by ISIS.

The whole show was a big Trump-bashing, with even conservative Danielle Pletka joining the party and calling Trump an "idiot". Bill Richardson (long-time illegal alien ass-kisser) called Trump a "side-show" and everyone, including Rick Perry, seeming to be falling all over themselves to slam Trump on his remarks about John McCain.

Perhaps the most puzzling was Chuck Todd and Andrea Mitchell both saying that the John McCain thing has gotten Republican candidates to now start attacking Trump's comments about immigration, whereas they had been silent about it up to now. Uh, excuse me ? Maybe this is another of those examples of liberal ignorance, coming from observing too much liberal omission media, but the GOP boys (and one girl) have been attacking Trump's immigration words since the day he spoke them. And, it might be noted, that with every criticism barb they've thrown, their poll ratings have shrunk another notch.

Interesting how they are all now scrambling, along with the liberals, to try to make some hay out of the little McCain flap, and use it to derail Trump, to the point of pretending that this is the end of Trump's candidacy. Funny the things you see coming from desperate people.
geez.gif

One last point, is I will credit Meet the Press, for having Senator Tom Cotton (R-AR), whose talk about the Iraq deal (giveaway) was brilliant, and even Bill Richardson, to his credit, slammed it too.

Last edited:
First, I'll give them a little credit for having 3 conservatives on (as opposed to many more liberals).
Oh BULLSHIT!

All the Sunday talk shows ALWAYS have more CON$ than Libs. And Chuck Toad is a long time CON$ervative.

It's been a while since I've watched Meet the Press, so I thought I'd tune it in today, and see what they're saying. Oh boy! I felt like like I might have been watching any of the basement ratings shows on MSNBC. Talk about slanted - this was a textbook example.

First, I'll give them a little credit for having 3 conservatives on (as opposed to many more liberals). The 3 conservatives were Raul Labrador (R-ID), who is strong on opposition to illegal immigration, Danielle Pletka, of American Enterprise Institute, who made a very forceful condemnation of the Iraq deal (giveaway), and Sen. Tom Cotton of Arkansas. That said, just about all the rest of the show was about the equivalent of a Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders campaign commercial.

Obviously biased show host Chuck Todd, put up a series of statistics clearly designed to nullify opposition to illegal immigration, while simultaneously throw a grenade at the Donald Trump campaign (which went on all through the show). At this point, let me say that I don't necessarily believe a word of Todd's statistical graphics, or the notions that they are supposed to represent.
For example, it was said that out-migration of illegal aliens has been equal to in-migration of illegals. This apparently is supposed to be saying that since there is not a net influx, that now everything is OK, no need for any alarm about illegal immigration, and that Donald Trump's words have no validity.

EARTH TO MEET THE PRESS: There should not be ANY in-migration of illegal aliens, and the fact that the net is zero, that means that the inflow is causing the net amount to be worse than the positive outflow we would have, were it not for that inflow. And the inflow of illegals is completely nullifying the work of ICE, and whoever else doing the work of deportation which should be a positive ++++ very high number, as it was in the mid 1950s, with Operation Wetback, during the Eisenhower administration.

I could list one head scratcher after another here. Another was Andrew Friedman who said we lost the war in Iraq. WHaaaat ?
wtf20.gif
thinking.gif
Thousands of American soldiers died in that war, and were absolutely VICTORIOUS, after the 2007 surge, with Iraq under control of American-friendly forces, and remained that way well until 2011, when Obama removed US troops. It was only THAT which turned a victory into a takeover by ISIS.

The whole show was a big Trump-bashing, with even conservative Danielle Pletka joining the party and calling Trump an "idiot". Bill Richardson (long-time illegal alien ass-kisser) called Trump a "side-show" and everyone, including Rick Perry, seeming to be falling all over themselves to slam Trump on his remarks about John McCain.

Perhaps the most puzzling was Chuck Todd and Andrea Mitchell both saying that the John McCain thing has gotten Republican candidates to now start attacking Trump's comments about immigration, whereas they had been silent about it up to now. Uh, excuse me ? Maybe this is another of those examples of liberal ignorance, coming from observing too much liberal omission media, but the GOP boys (and one girl) have been attacking Trump's immigration words since the day he spoke them. And, it might be noted, that with every criticism barb they've thrown, their poll ratings have shrunk another notch.

Interesting how they are all now scrambling, along with the liberals, to try to make some hay out of the little McCain flap, and use it to derail Trump, to the point of pretending that this is the end of Trump's candidacy. Funny the things you see coming from desperate people.
geez.gif

One last point, is I will credit Meet the Press, for having Senator Tom Cotton (R-AR), whose talk about the Iraq deal (giveaway) was brilliant, and even Bill Richardson, to his credit, slammed it too.
I watch meet the press so I can puke up the half dozen blueberry pancakes I have for Sunday breakfast.

wtf20.gif
thinking.gif

geez.gif

I watch meet the press so I can puke up the half dozen blueberry pancakes I have for Sunday breakfast.

Ohhhh! Ha ha! Sooooo funny! You really are a hoot!

Are you a fat fuck? What else you have with those SIX pancakes?

wtf20.gif
thinking.gif

geez.gif

If the outflow is supposedly canceling inflow that must mean that we don't have any illegals.
But the fact is....many of them leave and come back just as easily.

This is the Democrat Party trying to use the press to justify stealing elections with illegal immigration.

I check in about once a month to see if Chuck 'Sleepy Eyes' Todd is still brain-dead. Sounds like he still is.

I check in about once a month to see if Chuck 'Sleepy Eyes' Todd is still brain-dead. Sounds like he still is.
Thankfully, our local NBC affiliate is no longer on our cable station. I don't have to watch NBC Nightly News anymore.

Forum List

Back