Zone1 Did Jesus Declare "Unclean Meats" Fit for Human Consumption?

Carl in Michigan

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2016
Nope. The NT only agrees with Scripture. This change came with the rise of the Counterfeit church in Rome

In the Torah “clean” and “unclean” are also used of permitted and forbidden food, and therefore, because of this passage, Christians usually have believed that the biblical food laws were abrogated by Jesus. However, one should not be too quick to throw out large portions of the Torah, in this case, portions of Leviticus and Deuteronomy, because of a four-word parenthetical comment[1] by Mark at the end of a long halachic discussion. Such a serious reversal of God’s commands and contradiction of God’s word would need explanation and discussion.

The Torah prohibits Jews from eating certain animals (Lev. 11; cf. Deut. 14; Negative Commandments #172-179). We can assume that Jesus would not have violated these commandments. (Otherwise, he would have been condemned by the words of Torah, and would have been a sinner.) Nor would he have taught others to violate the commandments since he himself taught, “Anyone who breaks them [the commandments of Torah] or teaches others to break them will be called ‘light’ [קַל, kal, that is, of no esteem]” (Matt 5:19). In other words, such a disciple could not become or remain part of the “Kingdom of Heaven,” a term that Jesus sometimes used to refer to his band of full-time disciples

Last edited by a moderator:
Right after Noah released all the animals from the ark God said "go ahead & eat 'em all".

Noah rolled his eyes and said NOOWWW He tells me.
I didn't post this thread to debate veganism. Save that for all the other threads.

This is a challenge to all the worshippers of the Roman church who, in the spirit of antichrist, "change times and laws" particularly the LAW OF GOD concerning His COMMAND to not eat UNCLEAN MEATS -- pork, rabbit, dog, cat, possum, squirrel etc.

Either a Christian obeys God or the Counterfeit church

I can't quote Chapter & Verse, but there is something about eating unclean animals/foods being ok, but the person would be unclean until evening or a set time and they couldn't go in the Temple, etc

I can't quote Chapter & Verse, but there is something about eating unclean animals/foods being ok, but the person would be unclean until evening or a set time and they couldn't go in the Temple, etc

I saw the phrase the Catholic Church used to justify eating unclean foods but I can't remember who said it. He basically said "An unclean animal is not unclean unto itself."

Last edited:
Nope. The NT only agrees with Scripture. This change came with the rise of the Counterfeit church in Rome

In the Torah “clean” and “unclean” are also used of permitted and forbidden food, and therefore, because of this passage, Christians usually have believed that the biblical food laws were abrogated by Jesus. However, one should not be too quick to throw out large portions of the Torah, in this case, portions of Leviticus and Deuteronomy, because of a four-word parenthetical comment[1] by Mark at the end of a long halachic discussion. Such a serious reversal of God’s commands and contradiction of God’s word would need explanation and discussion.

The Torah prohibits Jews from eating certain animals (Lev. 11; cf. Deut. 14; Negative Commandments #172-179). We can assume that Jesus would not have violated these commandments. (Otherwise, he would have been condemned by the words of Torah, and would have been a sinner.) Nor would he have taught others to violate the commandments since he himself taught, “Anyone who breaks them [the commandments of Torah] or teaches others to break them will be called ‘light’ [קַל, kal, that is, of no esteem]” (Matt 5:19). In other words, such a disciple could not become or remain part of the “Kingdom of Heaven,” a term that Jesus sometimes used to refer to his band of full-time disciples

You lack a serious amount of understanding of the purpose Father in Heaven sent Jehovah to the earth as Jesus. He came to fulfill the law and to introduce the higher law Moses originally had with him when he came down from the mountain the first time. He saw Israel could not handle the higher law and destroyed it. So, he came down with the lesser law and the lesser priesthood of Aaron as well. The law of Moses and all the writings of the prophets were to bring the house of Israel to be ready for the higher law and priesthood of Melchizedek. His upcoming atonement would make all things clean unto him and thus most of the taboos of the Torah would no longer be part of the new and everlasting covenant of Jesus Christ. Thus, he removed the food laws as part of the new law. That doesn’t mean later on that the Lord might reinstitute a new health law after the great apostasy.

Yes, an xians aren't Jews. They are free to eat whatever they choose.

Laws set down in Torah are for Jews. They were never meant to apply to non-Jews.
Nope CHRISTians follow Jesus who "MADE THE SABBATH FOR MAN. He didn't say for the Jews

Point 2. The Law concerning Unclean meats is the LAW OF GOD, not a ceremonial law

Point 3. God gave these LAWS to Israel, not the Tribe of Judah alone . But the LAWS of God are for ALL MANKIND who chooses to follow Him

Point 4. As a non-CHRISTian, you don't get a say in the rules governing CHIRISTianity

Last edited:

You think everyone should observe Jewish dietary laws?

The least you can do is make up your own rules and not plagiaeize ours.
You didn't create the rules. GOD did. As Jesus said, the Law was made for MAN, not the Jew only.

You're troubled because He came and opened salvation to all who seek Him.

I didn't post this thread to debate veganism. Save that for all the other threads.

How in the hell do you get "veganism" out of what I wrote?

OK...if you need chapter and verse in order to have a conversation...here it is.

God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth” [Gen 1:26–28].

How in the hell do you get "veganism" out of what I wrote?

OK...if you need chapter and verse in order to have a conversation...here it is.

God blessed them, and God said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth and subdue it; and have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the air and over every living thing that moves upon the earth” [Gen 1:26–28].
Read your damn post

You spoke about "meat" in general.

The discussion is a out "meat" Strictly FORBIDDEN after the Flood

Your Post:
Right after Noah released all the animals from the ark God said "go ahead & eat 'em all".

I'm dealing with lightweights on this forum.

I expected challenging arguments from the Catholic/Protestant crowd. I'm disappointed, but not surprised

Either a Christian obeys God or the Counterfeit church

And the really bright and enlightened see right through both scams .

We are now in a new age and these quaint belief systems are ready for the history books and that giant scrap heap in the sky.

Forum List

Back