Did Lincoln own slaves?

No, Lincoln did not start the war...

He sure as hell did.
The first shots fired was not by the Feds...
The first shots fired don't determine who started the war. If they did, then Poland started WW II.

You morons keep bleating about Ft Sumter as if it proved your case, but all it proves is that you're a bunch of dolts who don't give a rats ass about the facts.

No,but he married into a kentucky family, the Todds, that had a lot of slaves. Many of his Union generals were slave owners during the civil war. His second VP, andrew johnson, was a slave owner during the cw.

Still think lincoln started the war to end slavery?

Wow you keep on trying to prove something no one is claiming.

Lincoln didn't start the war.
The South started the war to preserve their slave owning 'property rights'.

Lincoln started the war. The fact is indisputable.

Since Lincoln didn't make the South secede, and since Lincoln didn't order the first shots to be fired- it is indisputable that he didn't start the war.

That has to be the most pathetic excuse for "logic" I have ever seen posted in this forum.

Face it, your idol Lincoln started the war. He was a tyrant, a warmonger, a traitor and a mass murderer.

Face it- your slave owning idols started the war- in order to preserve their right to own human property. And you are still mourning the cause that they fought for.

Shooter thinks that the the Poor Confederacy was forced to fire on Union troops.

But he can't get away from the fact that Confederate troops fired the shots that started the Civil War.

And that the North didn't enter the war to free the slaves- but the South entered the war to keep their slaves.

Firing on trespassers is not an act of war, moron. Of course, Lincoln made good use of it for propaganda purposes. Hitler did the same thing. Hitler was a great student and admirer of Lincoln.

I think Americans would disagree if Cuba started firing on our troops in Guantanomo Bay.

Cuba considers our troops to be trespassers- under your standards they have every right to fire on American troops- and we would be guilty of starting the war.

It doesn't matter what a bunch of numskulls like you would disagree with. The fact remains that Cuba has every right under international law to kick the U.S out of Gauntanamo. The only thing that stops them is vastly superior military might of the United States.

He sure as hell did.
The first shots fired don't determine who started the war. If they did, then Poland started WW II.

You morons keep bleating about Ft Sumter as if it proved your case, but all it proves is that you're a bunch of dolts who don't give a rats ass about the facts.

No,but he married into a kentucky family, the Todds, that had a lot of slaves. Many of his Union generals were slave owners during the civil war. His second VP, andrew johnson, was a slave owner during the cw.

Since Lincoln didn't make the South secede, and since Lincoln didn't order the first shots to be fired- it is indisputable that he didn't start the war.

That has to be the most pathetic excuse for "logic" I have ever seen posted in this forum.

Face it, your idol Lincoln started the war. He was a tyrant, a warmonger, a traitor and a mass murderer.

Face it- your slave owning idols started the war- in order to preserve their right to own human property. And you are still mourning the cause that they fought for.

They did't start the war, turd. Lincoln did. The fact is indisputable.

So what, you fool. If i shoot an intruder in my house does that mean i started the altercation??

The north had troops in a foreign country and refused to remove them.

The Polish fired on German tanks after they crossed the border. According to Moonglow that means they started WW II.

It doesn't matter how many times you point out the flaw in their "logic." They keep repeating that like some emotionally disturbed person in a catatonic state.

And when did Federal troops cross the Confederate border and attack Charleston?

As I pointed out- by your logic, if Cuba fired on our troops at Guantanomo, the United States would have started the war.

So what, you fool. If i shoot an intruder in my house does that mean i started the altercation??

Ah, but now you have to come up with a definition for "foreign country" that works. Good luck on that.

Hey, I've got a few acres here, why don't I just declare myself a foreign country. Things to do today.
--- Or should I go with declaring myself a state? I could elect myself governor. Decisions, decisions...

The difference is your few acres was never an independent country. Your analogy is more idiotic than your usual.

Shooter thinks that the the Poor Confederacy was forced to fire on Union troops.

But he can't get away from the fact that Confederate troops fired the shots that started the Civil War.

And that the North didn't enter the war to free the slaves- but the South entered the war to keep their slaves.

Firing on trespassers is not an act of war, moron. Of course, Lincoln made good use of it for propaganda purposes. Hitler did the same thing. Hitler was a great student and admirer of Lincoln.

I think Americans would disagree if Cuba started firing on our troops in Guantanomo Bay.

Cuba considers our troops to be trespassers- under your standards they have every right to fire on American troops- and we would be guilty of starting the war.

It doesn't matter what a bunch of numskulls like you would disagree with. The fact remains that Cuba has every right under international law to kick the U.S out of Gauntanamo. The only thing that stops them is vastly superior military might of the United States.

So if Cuba fired on American troops in Guantanomo- you think that the United States will have started the war?

Face it- your slave owning idols started the war- in order to preserve their right to own human property. And you are still mourning the end of slavery.

The Polish fired on German tanks after they crossed the border. According to Moonglow that means they started WW II.

It doesn't matter how many times you point out the flaw in their "logic." They keep repeating that like some emotionally disturbed person in a catatonic state.

As I pointed out- by your logic, if Cuba fired on our troops at Guantanomo, the United States would have started the war.

Federal troops invaded Virginia. moron. You appear to be agreeing that Lincoln started the war.

So if Cuba fired on American troops in Guantanomo- you think that the United States will have started the war?

It the United States retaliates, the answer is "yes."

Face it- your slave owning idols started the war- in order to preserve their right to own human property. And you are still mourning the end of slavery.

Too bad for you that the facts don't support your claim.

Federal troops invaded Virginia. moron. You appear to be agreeing that Lincoln started the war.

Federal troops invaded Virginia- after the Confederacy fired on Federal troops, and forced the surrender of a Federal Fort.

Now- if the Confederacy waited until the Union invaded to start firing on Union troops- then you would be right- but the Confederacy wanted the war to start and fired on Union troops.

Too bad for you- the North won the war the South started- the South lost its slaves.

Federal troops invaded Virginia- after the Confederacy fired on Federal troops, and forced the surrender of a Federal Fort.

Now- if the Confederacy waited until the Union invaded to start firing on Union troops- then you would be right- but the Confederacy wanted the war to start and fired on Union troops.

Firing on foreign trespassers is not an act of war any more than firing on someone breaking into your home is attempted murder. Ft Sumter is within the borders of South Carolina.

Too bad for you- the North won the war the South started- the South lost its slaves.

Might makes right, eh you Nazi asshole?

Nope, never thought that Lincoln started a war to end slavery. The south started a war to keep slavery, what is it you don't understand?

Nope, never thought that Lincoln started a war to end slavery. The south started a war to keep slavery, what is it you don't understand?
The didn't start the war, numskull.

Firing on foreign trespassers is not an act of war any more than firing on someone breaking into your home is attempted murder. Ft Sumter is within the borders of South Carolina.

That was a federal instillation before the war. SC doesn't just get to say what is theirs then start a war over it.

The didn't start the war, numskull.

Firing on Fort Sumter was caused by whom? The north or the south? The south stupidly attacked a federal instillation all to protect the rich democrat aristocrats way of life. One of the greatest con jobs in the history of man.

That was a federal instillation before the war. SC doesn't just get to say what is theirs then start a war over it.

It was the territory of South Carolina, and it still is.

It was the territory of South Carolina, and it still is.

That is just not true: United States Military Reservations National Cemeteries and Military Parks ... - United States. Army. Office of the Judge Advocate General Jason F. Defandorff - Google Books

Forum List

Back