Did Nancy violate the Former Presidents Act 18 U.S.C. § 2071?

Did Nancy Pelosi violate the Former President's Act by destroying the Official copy of the SOTU?

• Yes

Votes: 8 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 17 60.7%
  • A Little, yeah

Votes: 2 7.1%
  • No Opinion

Votes: 1 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Not only are Trumpublicans corrupt, but they are counting on their base to be ignorant enough to believe that the copy of Trumpybear's SOTU Script that the Shredder Pelosi, um shredded, was the official one.

Go ahead take it to a judge.

It was a copy of a speech, is my understanding, not an official record that was filed or deposited.

It also was not destroyed, it could still be read....even if the only and last COPY, which it was not.

Me thinks you all are reaching way in to the high sky on this one, and completely distorting the PURPOSE of the law you quote for mere partisan purpose....
All of my sources say her copy was the official copy, Care4all. The Democrats are now trying to hide everything she did on film. That tells me all I need to know, because the Democrats try to conceal each and every crime they commit that is a violation of the taxpayer's right to know what their national leaders do. Why do they want to destroy the pictoral evidence?
I think she should have refrained from tearing the speech in half.... but it does not fall in to the law you are quoting.... which purpose is to make certain, official government records are not removed from the record, leaving no trace... for the record. Destroying evidence, so to say...destroying evidence of the record....

Which did not happen.
My sources say the speech that was given her was the official copy, and she abused the archives of the House of Representatives of which she is the poorest leader they have ever chosen to make a mockery of the American system of governance that have made us world leaders because of earlier leaders' sense of mercy to countries who needed our medical assistance, we have friended African people who were targeted for genocide by an opposition tribe, as well as sent millions of dollars to rebuild Cyclone- and tsunami-ravaged countries bordering the Pacific Ocean, not to mention giving up physicians we need over here to help them out through the doctors without borders programs we sponsor financially with no questions asked, only prayers for their recovery.

By tearing up that particular official document that is always placed in the formerly capable hands of former Speakers of the House, Nancy Pelosi hung a black cloud thousands of miles in breadth, length, and thickness over this entire nation of givers. She sullied those who received praise from the President to the last man and woman. She as House Leader ought to have known better. That was the President's night to show what he had done, not Nancy Pelosi Star Hour in which she revealed her naked butt to the nation to sully every thing he did that she tried to prevent with nonstop impeachment narratives based on pure lies, fabrications, false narratives, and her illogical hatred.
She did invite him as a guest, to speak, in her House chambers..... He could have been a better guest, and she could have been a better host.

End of story.

what was she supposed to do with the copy???
She could have filed it in the National Archives or in her official House of Representative files that will be passed down to the next House Speaker when she is dead or leaves office. Instead she tore it up in front of the nation, and now the Democrats are in a panic trying to destroy all evidence of her footage of tearing up the President's official copy of the SOTU speech.

Those official papers actually are the property of the people, and they weren't given to her to piss on for partisan show.
Everyone who attended got a copy. We're they all supposed to be preserved?

thats another lie you just got caught in,,,not everyone that attended got a copy
My understanding is that everyone who attends is offered a copy.

there was over 1000 people there,,,all I saw was the two he gave the VP and nancy,,,
The guy in the video you posted also said they all got courtesy copies, if they wanted one.... as souvenirs.

She could have filed it in the National Archives or in her official House of Representative files that will be passed down to the next House Speaker when she is dead or leaves office. Instead she tore it up in front of the nation, and now the Democrats are in a panic trying to destroy all evidence of her footage of tearing up the President's official copy of the SOTU speech.

Those official papers actually are the property of the people, and they weren't given to her to piss on for partisan show.

thats another lie you just got caught in,,,not everyone that attended got a copy

there was over 1000 people there,,,all I saw was the two he gave the VP and nancy,,,
The guy in the video you posted also said they all got courtesy copies, if they wanted one.... as souvenirs.

ok,,did they??

It was a copy of a speech, is my understanding, not an official record that was filed or deposited.

It also was not destroyed, it could still be read....even if the only and last COPY, which it was not.

Me thinks you all are reaching way in to the high sky on this one, and completely distorting the PURPOSE of the law you quote for mere partisan purpose....
All of my sources say her copy was the official copy, Care4all. The Democrats are now trying to hide everything she did on film. That tells me all I need to know, because the Democrats try to conceal each and every crime they commit that is a violation of the taxpayer's right to know what their national leaders do. Why do they want to destroy the pictoral evidence?
I think she should have refrained from tearing the speech in half.... but it does not fall in to the law you are quoting.... which purpose is to make certain, official government records are not removed from the record, leaving no trace... for the record. Destroying evidence, so to say...destroying evidence of the record....

Which did not happen.
My sources say the speech that was given her was the official copy, and she abused the archives of the House of Representatives of which she is the poorest leader they have ever chosen to make a mockery of the American system of governance that have made us world leaders because of earlier leaders' sense of mercy to countries who needed our medical assistance, we have friended African people who were targeted for genocide by an opposition tribe, as well as sent millions of dollars to rebuild Cyclone- and tsunami-ravaged countries bordering the Pacific Ocean, not to mention giving up physicians we need over here to help them out through the doctors without borders programs we sponsor financially with no questions asked, only prayers for their recovery.

By tearing up that particular official document that is always placed in the formerly capable hands of former Speakers of the House, Nancy Pelosi hung a black cloud thousands of miles in breadth, length, and thickness over this entire nation of givers. She sullied those who received praise from the President to the last man and woman. She as House Leader ought to have known better. That was the President's night to show what he had done, not Nancy Pelosi Star Hour in which she revealed her naked butt to the nation to sully every thing he did that she tried to prevent with nonstop impeachment narratives based on pure lies, fabrications, false narratives, and her illogical hatred.
She did invite him as a guest, to speak, in her House chambers..... He could have been a better guest, and she could have been a better host.

End of story.

As the host she could have stood up halfway through and said "Get 'im outta here, beat the crap out of 'im. There used to be consequences".

ok,,did they??
:rofl::rofl:

I dunno? Not for certain!

ok,,did they??

god could part the sea and show you and you would yammer fake news or some trumpist horseshit -

deal with it, its done - but in a RW whineathon it will last for years.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ok,,did they??

god could part the sea and show you and you would yammer fake news or some trumpist horseshit -

what are you talking about???
I was defending pelosi,,,

ok,,did they??

ok, my bad - sorry.

ok,,did they??

ok, my bad - sorry.

its not your bad,,,its your TDS,,,

actually I was defending the facts not pelosi,,,she a scum politician that needed to go yrs ago

ok,,did they??

ok, my bad - sorry.

actually I was defending the facts not pelosi,,,she a scum politician that needed to go yrs ago

ok, my bad

whine on

and on
and on

ok,,did they??

ok, my bad - sorry.

ok, my bad

whine on

and on
and on

youre the one whining not me,,,

Former Presidents Act
(18 U.S.C. § 2071)

(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.
When Nancy Pelosi tore up the Official Copy of the President's SOTU address, almost immediately several Constitutional scholars and writers said that she had violated 18 USC § 2071, which is also known as the Former President's Act, but was written in a way that includes "whoever has custody of (a document filed with a judicial or public office or officer" could be imprisoned for 3 years, forfeit her office, be fined, or be disqualified from holding any office in the USA. (This does not apply to retired military officers.)

So just from reading this what is now a media topic exonerating Nancy Pelosi from her destructive little attention-grabbing public tearing up of the speech the President just delivered.

Why isn't she being tried for this anomaly performance of hers. And do you agree or disagree that this is a crime under the Former President's Act?

any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States,

Nope.

She's a moron, but this idea is just silly.

Nancy Pelosi tore up the Official Copy of the President's SOTU address,

No she didn't.
Thank you, Toddsterpatriot. I thought I saw her doing a tear up number on President Trump's speech.

I thought I saw her doing a tear up number on President Trump's speech.

She did. Tearing up copies don't mean nuthin'.

Former Presidents Act
(18 U.S.C. § 2071)

(a) Whoever willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, or destroys, or attempts to do so, or, with intent to do so takes and carries away any record, proceeding, map, book, paper, document, or other thing, filed or deposited with any clerk or officer of any court of the United States, or in any public office, or with any judicial or public officer of the United States, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both.
(b) Whoever, having the custody of any such record, proceeding, map, book, document, paper, or other thing, willfully and unlawfully conceals, removes, mutilates, obliterates, falsifies, or destroys the same, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than three years, or both; and shall forfeit his office and be disqualified from holding any office under the United States. As used in this subsection, the term “office” does not include the office held by any person as a retired officer of the Armed Forces of the United States.
When Nancy Pelosi tore up the Official Copy of the President's SOTU address, almost immediately several Constitutional scholars and writers said that she had violated 18 USC § 2071, which is also known as the Former President's Act, but was written in a way that includes "whoever has custody of (a document filed with a judicial or public office or officer" could be imprisoned for 3 years, forfeit her office, be fined, or be disqualified from holding any office in the USA. (This does not apply to retired military officers.)

So just from reading this what is now a media topic exonerating Nancy Pelosi from her destructive little attention-grabbing public tearing up of the speech the President just delivered.

Why isn't she being tried for this anomaly performance of hers. And do you agree or disagree that this is a crime under the Former President's Act?

Have I got a deal for you. :deal:

Make Rump a former President and Nancy can go to jail. Deal or no deal?

Deal. She can start serving now, he'll be a former President in January 2025.

Former Presidents Act
(18 U.S.C. § 2071)

Nape. That's a conditional deal. You first.

Former Presidents Act
(18 U.S.C. § 2071)

Because there is no crime. She was given a copy and she could do whatever she wanted with it.

your talking dog is not a reliable source,,,
House Representative Gaetz is reasonably reliable, sir. Nancy Pelosi lies her ass off every minute of every day about President Trump. She has zero business being the House Speaker.

He is reliably wrong. He was the leader of a group of thugs who at the least violated the House rules and stormed a secure House hearing room to disrupt a closed hearing.

Former Presidents Act
(18 U.S.C. § 2071)

Nape. That's a conditional deal. You first.

Pass......

Which did not happen.

Your sources are as nutty as you are. Trump embarrasses this country every day.

Forum List

Back