Did you Support War in Iraq??

Did you support the War in Iraq?

• Yes

Votes: 27 32.5%
  • No

Votes: 56 67.5%

• Total voters
Six out of ten Americans opposed the invasion without UN Authorization. They know what a just war requires. And they were absolutely right.

Where in the above quote did I say the UN is a world Government.

The UN is not a world government. That a significant portion of the population has been confused on this issue, is very dangerous, and not relevant to this topic. THE AMERICAN GOVERNMENT is the governoring authority, not the fucking UN.

What is ā€œconfusingā€ about the US Government seeking authorization and support through the United Nations to resolve a continued threat without war. This made it into the AUMF with regard to Iraq:

If you imagine that the UN has the Authority to authorize or NOT authorize America's foreign policy, then you are supporting the false idea of them as a world government.

If you imagine that the UN has the Authority to authorize or NOT authorize America's foreign policy, then you are supporting the false idea of them as a world government.

Iā€™m not imagining that at all. But when the US government seeks or requests the United Nations Security Council to authorize something for the benefit to all concerned there is not one goddamn thing wrong with that and it doesnā€™t mean I think the United Nations is a world government having authority over United States national security decisions. The UN can and will never have control over what the United States can and canā€™t do when necessary to defend itself or anything else.

The fact is invading Iraq was not necessary at all on March 17, 2003 in order to defend The United States of America. It was a matter of enforcing international law. Thereā€™s not any good reason to try to do so outside the authority of the united nations jurisdiction.

It was George W Bush himself who in October 2002, in accordance with the authorization to use military force in Iraq vote, sought the UN to give one last attempt to bring Iraq into compliance with itā€™s United Nations Security Council disarmament obligations for once and for all. Thatā€™s what the deal was. Thatā€™s why we engaged at the United Nations.

The goal was to find out if Iraq could be disarmed peacefully. And SH certainly could have been been if W had been patient like Biden said and stood by his word that he too was strongly in favor of disarming Iraq peacefully and would exhaust all means possible to do so.

So quit making up crap about what I think the United Nations is or isnā€™t. You are pathetic and a loser when you pull that crap.

Irrelevant. You have to judge the people by the information and perceptions they had when they were making their decisions.

It was actually very easy for me to be 99% certain that little Wā€˜s invasion was not going to find any significant trace of active WMD stock piles or any other kind of ongoing nuclear weapons program. So yes I can judge the warmongers from Cheney on down for deliberately misleading the unintelligent stupid and lazy people people such as yourself who could not be bothered with digging into the facts with regards to something as goddamn serious as invading a Muslim nation and destroying its government and society when that nation was absolutely zero threat to us in March 2003 when the blitzkrieg shock and awe was launched.

I reserve my right to condemn you people. Is the only honest thing to do

Iā€™m not imagining that at all. But when the US government seeks or requests the United Nations Security Council to authorize something for the benefit to all concerned there is not one goddamn thing wrong with that and it doesnā€™t mean I think the United Nations is a world government having authority over United States national security decisions. The UN can and will never have control over what the United States can and canā€™t do when necessary to defend itself or anything else.

The fact is invading Iraq was not necessary at all on March 17, 2003 in order to defend The United States of America. It was a matter of enforcing international law. Thereā€™s not any good reason to try to do so outside the authority of the united nations jurisdiction.

It was George W Bush himself who in October 2002, in accordance with the authorization to use military force in Iraq vote, sought the UN to give one last attempt to bring Iraq into compliance with itā€™s United Nations Security Council disarmament obligations for once and for all. Thatā€™s what the deal was. Thatā€™s why we engaged at the United Nations.

The goal was to find out if Iraq could be disarmed peacefully. And SH certainly could have been been if W had been patient like Biden said and stood by his word that he too was strongly in favor of disarming Iraq peacefully and would exhaust all means possible to do so.

So quit making up crap about what I think the United Nations is or isnā€™t. You are pathetic and a loser when you pull that crap.

You get personal when you know that your argument is weak.

Such as denying that you think the UN has Authority over the US government, when your entire argument is that the UN has authority over the US.

Irrelevant. You have to judge the people by the information and perceptions they had when they were making their decisions.

It was actually very easy for me to be 99% certain that little Wā€˜s invasion was not going to find any significant trace of active WMD stock piles or any other kind of ongoing nuclear weapons program. So yes I can judge the warmongers from Cheney on down for deliberately misleading the unintelligent stupid and lazy people people such as yourself who could not be bothered with digging into the facts with regards to something as goddamn serious as invading a Muslim nation and destroying its government and society when that nation was absolutely zero threat to us in March 2003 when the blitzkrieg shock and awe was launched.

I reserve my right to condemn you people. Is the only honest thing to do

Just because you believed something at the time, does not mean that other people agreed with you.

If you are being serious, you are really fucked in the head.

Even if you have aspergerges, or something like it and can't grasp the idea of other people's internal feelings, you should intellectually be able to accept it as a concept.

If you are lying and just pretending to be unable to understand it, you are being quite a jerk, stonewalling like this.

Seriously. If this position is how you really think, there is a real problem there.

Just because you believed something at the time, does not mean that other people agreed with you.

I really do not care if lazy stupid people agree with me. There were plenty of sources at the time before the invasion to know that Little W was lying and SH was not when he told the world he didnā€™t have WMD.

I know for a fact that you were one of the stupid ones because you lately still claim that SH was poking the bear after 1441 at the time if the invasion. Thats not a disagreement- that is you being wrong about an obvious fact.

Such as denying that you think the UN has Authority over the US government, when your entire argument is that the UN has authority over the US.

I have never ever ever hinted that I think the United Nations has authority over the United States. You are a liar, a pathetic weak minded liar that you have to resort to such false hoods. Nothing has authority over the United States of America: we are on top of the world and nobody can tell us what to do. but we can and we should work with international agencies in resolving conflicts peacefully. And besides we can veto anything the United Nations wants to do as a permanent member on the security council. Therefore you are an idiot for even suggesting that I think the United Nations Security Council has authority over the United States of America.

BY YOUR STANDARDS, Lincoln lied US into war.

You are the one who is out of touch with reality.

You have no relationship with reality. Lincoln did not start a war. The Trump insurrectionists of Lincolnā€™s era started a war at Ft Sumter. The same lineage of Confederate flag flying traitors started the Civil War and the January 6 insurrection. It is not possible that Lincoln lied to start a war because he did not start a war the way that W did.

Last edited:
Silly words games to dodge the fact that your big sin, "lying us into war", especially considering the harsh standards you have been using to justify it, in the context of Bush, applies to Presidents you like too.

Bush didnā€™t lie us into the war in Afghanistan. So what ā€˜harsh standardsā€™ have I been using? The ramp up to war in Iraq was unique and unprecedented.

How so? You have never refuted my facts or established that you have bothered to arm your arguments with facts.

The bit where you don't understand that other people disagree with you and you insist on judging their actions as though they shared your view of the situation.

That is a serious failure in your grasp of the reality that other people have different internal thoughts than you.

You seem to have a serious personality disorder.

And I am being completely serious. Your argument, your thinking is seriously fucked up.

I really do not care if lazy stupid people agree with me. There were plenty of sources at the time before the invasion to know that Little W was lying and SH was not when he told the world he didnā€™t have WMD.

I know for a fact that you were one of the stupid ones because you lately still claim that SH was poking the bear after 1441 at the time if the invasion. Thats not a disagreement- that is you being wrong about an obvious fact.

It is irrelevant whether or not "there were plenty of sources" at the time.

Can you understand that?

I have never ever ever hinted that I think the United Nations has authority over the United States. You are a liar,

I stopped reading here. When you constantly refer to the UN as an Authority, you are doing just that.

That you are insulting in your denial, is you being an ass.

BY YOUR STANDARDS, Lincoln lied US into war.

You have no relationship with reality. Lincoln did not start a war. The Trump insurrectionists of Lincolnā€™s era started a war at Ft Sumter. The same lineage of Confederate flag flying traitors started the Civil War and the January 6 insurrection. It is not possible that Lincoln lied to start a war because he did not start a war the way that W did.

1. It was stupid and dishonest of you to conflate the Confederates with Trump supporters.

2. You are being extremely rigid in your definition of start. A word I did not use, btw. You seem to be inconsistent with that too.

3. DID LINCOLN LIE about how opposed he was to slavery?

Silly words games to dodge the fact that your big sin, "lying us into war", especially considering the harsh standards you have been using to justify it, in the context of Bush, applies to Presidents you like too.

Bush didnā€™t lie us into the war in Afghanistan. So what ā€˜harsh standardsā€™ have I been using? The ramp up to war in Iraq was unique and unprecedented.

Don't ask silly time wasting evasive question. My point stands.

1. It was stupid and dishonest of you to conflate the Confederates with Trump supporters.

Why? I saw Confederate Flags flying in the mob that made the assault on Capitol Hill to overturn the election - They are traitors and they are Trump Supporters. Why donā€™t you see the connection?

This ainā€™t no aberration:

5A5661DB-37F1-4BC0-93B7-5FB75DA3B31F.jpeg

Iā€™ll bet none in that crowd would have fought as Americans during the CIVIL WAR that LINCOLN did not start.

Last edited:

Why? I saw Confederate Flags flying in the mob that made the assault on Capitol Hill to overturn the election - They are traitors and they are Trump Supporters. Why donā€™t you see the connection?

Because like 5 generations have passed and the meanings associated with the symbols have changed dramatically and the two situations are completely different and you have demonstrated a pathological inability to understand the internal world of others.

Actually, you have demonstrated a pathological inability to understand that others even HAVE their own internal world.

I think I have read about this, in describing the difference between humans and gorillas.

YOu have a very serious problem. Well, deep problem. It might not prevent you from being a productive member of sociey.

BUT, it is a very...something problem.

Because like 5 generations have passed and the meanings associated with the symbols have changed dramatically

No the symbols have not changed dramatically at all:

This ainā€™t no aberration:

Iā€™ll bet none in that crowd would have fought as Americans during the CIVIL WAR that LINCOLN did not start

771131B8-A130-466F-A3BE-8942172B312B.jpeg

Forum List

Back