Didn't Obama Tell us – Al-Qaeda is Done?

When did Obama ever say AlQaeda is done?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ0d6J2xCzg]Obama: Al Qaeda is on the run - Yet they managed to break out 500 from Abu Ghraib - YouTube[/ame]

I must have missed it....Where does it say they are done?

Is it like Bush's Mission Accomplished?

vstory.bush.banner.afp.jpg

Last edited:
When did Obama ever say AlQaeda is done?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ0d6J2xCzg]Obama: Al Qaeda is on the run - Yet they managed to break out 500 from Abu Ghraib - YouTube[/ame]

He said AQ is on the run and modified it during the next 15 speeches.
And--Bush never said ''Mission Accomplished". That was the ship crew's banner after completing a deployment. These instances are where shithouse lawyers get their shithouse rumors and turn them into Simon Sez.

And--Bush never said ''Mission Accomplished". That was the ship crew's banner after completing a deployment. These instances are where shithouse lawyers get their shithouse rumors and turn them into Simon Sez.

There is little reason to try and explain reality and facts to idiots like Rightwinger. They have their talking points and no matter how much of a lie they are they will use them.

There is little reason to try and explain reality and facts to idiots like Rightwinger. They have their talking points and no matter how much of a lie they are they will use them.
Your sig says it all.

Thanks...that was funny

Thanks...that was funny

Obama said AQ was on the run, does it look like they are on the run?

Thanks...that was funny

Have they blown up any buildings lately?

No....That was Bush

Flashback to when AlQaeda was not on the run

00-0b-9-11-remembered-world-trade-center-12-09-12.jpg

Last edited:
Clapper - Al Qaeda is franchising and growing - YouTube

Someone who should know says different. And he's a member of King Barry's court. Read full article @ War News Updates: Top U.S. Intel Chief: Al-Qaida Is Not On Path To Defeat with links

I've heard him say many things about al Qaeda, nowhere do I see him saying they're "done".

Most of the usual responses are something like they're "on the road to defeat", "on the run", or "decimated". Perhaps by looking at the definition of "decimated" you'll see he's not really that far off.

dec·i·mate
ˈdesəˌmāt/Submit
verb
past tense: decimated; past participle: decimated
kill, destroy, or remove a large percentage or part of.
"the project would decimate the fragile wetland wilderness"

Most recently, this is what he's said. In context, not word parsing like the right likes to use:

“We’ve decimated al Qaeda’s top leadership in the border regions around Pakistan, but in Yemen, in Libya, in other of these places – increasingly in places like Syria – what you see is these elements that don’t have the same capacity that a bin Laden or core al Qaeda had, but can still cause a lot of damage, and we’ve got to make sure that we remain vigilant and are focused on preventing them from doing us any harm.”

Jay Carney had this to say before that:

“There is no question that al-Qaeda the core leadership, the leadership that attacked the United States on Sept. 11, 2001 has been decimated, al-Qaeda core in the Af-Pak region has been greatly diminished and is on the run...We have brought continual pressure to bear on both al-Qaeda core and al-Qaeda affiliates. And we have, for a number of years now, made clear that our objective in terms of threat in terms of al-Qaeda has shifted to some of these affiliates.”

It's pretty clear Obama has never said al Qaeda is "done", regardless of how many times the right wants to think he has.

btw...the quotes above are from a right wing rag back in August.

Has Obama done nothing wrong since then that the right has to dredge it up again?

and remember...Obama has succeeded in capturing or killing 75% of al Qaeda's leaders, including Osama bin Laden, which has effectively decimated the leadership of the group.

al Qaeda is, fortunately, a loose grouping of affiliated terrorist groups now, as opposed to say...2006, when someone named BUSH declared them decimated after the killing of al-Zarqawi.

Last edited:

Thanks...that was funny

al Qaeda has always been on the run. That's why they're effective. Read:

A Globalized Al-Qaeda | Mayrav Herman - Academia.edu

It is not unreasonable for a person to think "I GOT THE HEAD OF THE SNAKE...."

ok----so the SUNNI imperialists have decided to call themselves
AL QUAIDA and the Shiite imperialists are largely HEZBOLLAH
six of one and half dozen of the other. We have no way of
knowing how those animals are organized and organizing and
reorganizing--------but they are

AlQaeda on the run?

Actually, they usually don't see it coming

predator-drone.-610x457.jpg

If al qaida were "done" my son would not be headed over there this year
If it was just to build schools and teach the afghans how to govern the peace corp could be over there.

terrorist groups should not be view as snakes but rather hydras, or even worms.

Forum List

Back