Dims want "Asian Carp" renamed because name is "hurtful"

DigitalDrifter

Diamond Member
Feb 22, 2013
Oregon
Can these people get any loonier ? :cuckoo:

I swear to god liberals are setting this country up to be an entire nation of candyass pussies !

Once the cleansing has been completed no one will have any experience at being offended, and if they ever become offended will have no idea how to handle it !

Freaking lunatics !

‘Asian Carp’ Gets A Makeover In Minn.*Senate

T. PAUL, Minn. (AP)*— The term “Asian carp” has become endangered in Minnesota.

The state Senate on Monday approved a measure that would rename the fish “invasive carp.” It’s a response to concern by some people that the current term casts people from Asian cultures in a negative light.

Senators added the proposal to a larger bill that governs Minnesota natural-resource use. That legislation returns to the House, where it passed earlier this month without the name change.

Champlin Democrat John Hoffman said on the Senate floor that referring to the fish as “Asian” was hurtful to some people.

Officials have been trying to block the non-native fish’s progress into Mississippi River and Great Lakes ecosystems.

?Asian Carp? Gets A Makeover In Minn. Senate « CBS Minnesota

Things only get so ridiculous before they fall of the weight of their own silliness. Hopefully that time is not too far off.

Slant-eye carp works for me.

Or, you'll-be-hungry-again-in-an-hour carp?

Quite honestly I'd leave Asian alone and come up with another name for carp, which sounds a bit disgusting or something to me.

Here's a post left on that site:

Longnose Gar: Offensive to people with big noses.

American Eel: Offensive to Americans.

Blackfish: Offensive to black people.

Silver Carp: Offensive to the elderly.

Fat Sleeper: Offensive to obese narcoleptics.

White Sucker: Offensive to Caucasians.

Mayan Cichlid: Offensive to Mayans.

Damselfish: Offensive to women.

Chubs: Offensive to overweight people.

Spanish Mackerel: Offensive to Spaniards.

Pilotfish: Offensive to airline pilots.

Grass Puffer Fish: Offensive to pot smokers.

Blue Runner: Offensive to runners.

Bonnethead Shark: Offensive to Amish women.

Doctorfish: Offensive to doctors.

Nurse Shark: Offensive to nurses.

Fat Snook: Offensive to obese people.

Cardinalfish: Offensive to Catholics.

Spinster Wrasse: Offensive to old ladies.

I think I've made my point

I got an idea -- How about going after ALL
"Invasive CRAP" by politicians?

Forget the carp. Get rid of the BS/manure clogging up our democratic process.

Can these people get any loonier ? :cuckoo:

I swear to god liberals are setting this country up to be an entire nation of candyass pussies !

Once the cleansing has been completed no one will have any experience at being offended, and if they ever become offended will have no idea how to handle it !

Freaking lunatics !

‘Asian Carp’ Gets A Makeover In Minn.*Senate

T. PAUL, Minn. (AP)*— The term “Asian carp” has become endangered in Minnesota.

The state Senate on Monday approved a measure that would rename the fish “invasive carp.” It’s a response to concern by some people that the current term casts people from Asian cultures in a negative light.

Senators added the proposal to a larger bill that governs Minnesota natural-resource use. That legislation returns to the House, where it passed earlier this month without the name change.

Champlin Democrat John Hoffman said on the Senate floor that referring to the fish as “Asian” was hurtful to some people.

Officials have been trying to block the non-native fish’s progress into Mississippi River and Great Lakes ecosystems.

?Asian Carp? Gets A Makeover In Minn. Senate « CBS Minnesota

Here's a post left on that site:

Blue Runner: Offensive to runners.

Personally, I find the subliminal messaging behind the Brown Runner to be more offensive.

DigitalDrifter said:
Bonnethead Shart. ...

That's offensive because it paints us sharts in a less foreboding light.

DigitalDrifter said:

Offensive because it's patently false. You cannot nurse a shart: we just are.

Kudos, Minnesota!!!

I'll be back in a bit guys, I'm hungry, gonna go hop in my invasive built car, and run down to my favorite invasive restaurant.

They should rename the fish "Asian Trix"

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVp1QpuuRSU]Asian Trix Rabbit - YouTube[/ame]

Forum List

Back