Disastrous Ohio Election Results for GOP

citygator

Posting From Hunters Laptop
Gold Supporting Member
Jun 23, 2019
Charlotte
Ohio 6th went +29 for Trump. Michael Rulli (R) squeaks by with 54% of the vote - maybe not squeaks by, but his opponent got 46% of the vote. The Democratic opponent spent $25,000 campaigning. The polls are way way way way way off predicting a close November election if the actual voting patterns we are seeing hold up. If Biden wins 46% of the Ohio 6th this will be a blood bath for the GOP.

A lot can change but every single election since 2016 the Republicans have seriously underperformed and this is yet another one. MAGA isnt a winning formula.

1718190901394.png

A couple closer-than-expected races highlighted Tuesday’s elections in Maine, Nevada, North Dakota and South Carolina, which put Donald Trump’s endorsement power to the test as he heads toward a rematch with President Biden.

But it was an under-the-radar special election in Ohio that turned out to be the biggest shocker of the night. Elsewhere, Trump-endorsed candidates pulled through against their primary challengers, though at least one of them did so with far less breathing room than he may have hoped.

It's closer than expected. What makes it concerning rather than disastrous is the fact that special elections generally have a low turnout.

It was a special election. Less than 60,000 people voted in a district that has over 500,000 registered voters.

Ohio 6th went +29 for Trump. Michael Rulli (R) squeaks by with 54% of the vote - maybe not squeaks by, but his opponent got 46% of the vote. The Democratic opponent spent $25,000 campaigning. The polls are way way way way way off predicting a close November election if the actual voting patterns we are seeing hold up. If Biden wins 46% of the Ohio 6th this will be a blood bath for the GOP.

A lot can change but every single election since 2016 the Republicans have seriously underperformed and this is yet another one. MAGA isnt a winning formula.

View attachment 961083

A couple closer-than-expected races highlighted Tuesday’s elections in Maine, Nevada, North Dakota and South Carolina, which put Donald Trump’s endorsement power to the test as he heads toward a rematch with President Biden.

But it was an under-the-radar special election in Ohio that turned out to be the biggest shocker of the night. Elsewhere, Trump-endorsed candidates pulled through against their primary challengers, though at least one of them did so with far less breathing room than he may have hoped.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, didn't they ALL win? Only you guys can declare winning disastrous.

View attachment 961083

Yeah. Trump guys sweep, but it's somehow 'disastrous'. Disastrous for the left, maybe.

It's BS and you know it....An 8-point win is a walk of an election.

That dog don't hunt.

I'm not sure what triggered you. I live in the area and all reports are it was closer than expected. As I noted, it's not a major thing as it was a special election and turn out is low.

Turn it down a few notches.

I'm not sure what triggered you. I live in the area and all reports are it was closer than expected. As I noted, it's not a major thing as it was a special election and turn out is low.

Turn it down a few notches.
Negative.....A loss is a loss, there is no second place prize the dems can lay claim to no matter how hard they try. They get nothing.

Negative.....A loss is a loss, there is no second place prize the dems can lay claim to no matter how hard they try. They get nothing.

You are just ranting and arguing something I never argued. Again, turn it down a few notches.

An expected loss with a vastly different outcome than expected is likely an indicator of upcoming softness in GOP turnout. No one is suggesting the Democrat won... we are not fucking stupid election deniers like MAGA.

Forum List

Back