🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Discrimination: 2,098 Syrian muslims admitted into US - Only 53 Christians

Given all the above Irosie, do you think the refugee's should only temporarily stay in the US or do you think they can "adapt" to the US's separation of state/religion okay? We're all hearing about blocks in other countries where the Muslim community is trying to enforce religious laws and such. This is concerning to those of us that support that separation and a check/balance on theocracy.

I think that the Christians can do fine in the USA----in fact I know they can---I have
lived near Christian Syrians for ----uhm ---some 60 years in the USA. I believe
that muslims always have a problem with the constitution of the USA. It is inconsistent with islam
And if a religion makes them incompatible with the law of our country, we should not accommodate them.

People can believe what ever they want - why should you care (or why should I)? As long as they follow our laws - they can worship a pasta god that tells them to wear a colander on their heads. If you look at the multitude of religions in our country it's pretty clear that there is no religion that is incompatable - it's all in the individual.

No. We are founded on religious freedom and that has extended to a multitude of religions. As long as individuals obey our laws I could care less on what religion it is. Islam is not a political ideology - it's been around, as a religion, for well over a thousand years. This "political ideology" bullcrap is nothing more than a recent invention created in order to delegitimize the rights of thousands of American citizens. Fortunately we have a very strong constitutional protection when it comes to religion.

Muslims THEMSELVES describe islam as a COMPREHENSIVE WAY OF LIFE
-----including a legal code for ALL PEOPLE and a government for all muslim societies------which actually means "ALL THE WORLD" In order to understand islam------talk to muslims-----listen to what they have to SAY. Achmadinejad--in addressing the ENTIRE UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY announced "ISLAM IS THE RELIGION FOR ALL THE WORLD" --------I waited after hearing that statement----
which had been broadcast LIVE on TV from the UN building------I waited------
I fully expected some objection..........nothing........I fully expected a few dozen
muscular orderlies bearing staitjackets and BELLVUE insignia on their white coats ------to grab him------lace him into a strait jacket and------yank him off to the EMERGENCY ROOM PADDED ROOM...... nothing------the entire world yawned. reminded me of 1933, that was, I believe --in the year 2012.
Listen to what people SAY and observe how people react.

So what if it's a "comprehensive way of life"? It's still a religion.

it's legal code------according to MUSLIMS applies to both "spiritual life" and public life and civil and criminal law. You ----either knowingly or unknowingly
promulgate the MISINFORMATION that Islam does NOT include mandatory ISLAMIC GOVERNMENT------it is possible that you never read the koran and
simply do not pay attention to what muslims SAY is ISLAM Of course there
are people who practice islam in lands not controlled by ISLAMIC LAW-----but
the Islamic POV is -----that is a temporary situation and not at all the INEVITABLE IDEAL

Even religions with legal codes (Judaism comes to mind) are still religions.
The codes of judaism don't conflict with our laws.

Umh...yes...some of them do, if strictly followed.

No. We are founded on religious freedom and that has extended to a multitude of religions. As long as individuals obey our laws I could care less on what religion it is. Islam is not a political ideology - it's been around, as a religion, for well over a thousand years. This "political ideology" bullcrap is nothing more than a recent invention created in order to delegitimize the rights of thousands of American citizens. Fortunately we have a very strong constitutional protection when it comes to religion.

Muslims THEMSELVES describe islam as a COMPREHENSIVE WAY OF LIFE
-----including a legal code for ALL PEOPLE and a government for all muslim societies------which actually means "ALL THE WORLD" In order to understand islam------talk to muslims-----listen to what they have to SAY. Achmadinejad--in addressing the ENTIRE UN GENERAL ASSEMBLY announced "ISLAM IS THE RELIGION FOR ALL THE WORLD" --------I waited after hearing that statement----
which had been broadcast LIVE on TV from the UN building------I waited------
I fully expected some objection..........nothing........I fully expected a few dozen
muscular orderlies bearing staitjackets and BELLVUE insignia on their white coats ------to grab him------lace him into a strait jacket and------yank him off to the EMERGENCY ROOM PADDED ROOM...... nothing------the entire world yawned. reminded me of 1933, that was, I believe --in the year 2012.
Listen to what people SAY and observe how people react.

So what if it's a "comprehensive way of life"? It's still a religion.

it's legal code------according to MUSLIMS applies to both "spiritual life" and public life and civil and criminal law. You ----either knowingly or unknowingly
promulgate the MISINFORMATION that Islam does NOT include mandatory ISLAMIC GOVERNMENT------it is possible that you never read the koran and
simply do not pay attention to what muslims SAY is ISLAM Of course there
are people who practice islam in lands not controlled by ISLAMIC LAW-----but
the Islamic POV is -----that is a temporary situation and not at all the INEVITABLE IDEAL

Even religions with legal codes (Judaism comes to mind) are still religions.

your statement is not meaningful Of course it is a religion---so???. It is----
designed to be a STATE RELIGION-------just like Catholicism was in Medieval
Spain. Japan had a state religion too-----involving worship of the "god"----
EMPEROR--------so did Egypt in ancient times------as did AZTEC MEXICO..
It is the one REMAINING IMPERIALIST STATE RELIGION -----today-------Its modern manifestations are ISIS----and SAUDI ARABIA-----and----IRAN.
ERDOGAN is working on making Turkey again a SHARIAH CESSPIT

What does any of this have to do with Islam being or not being a religion?

Where have they "refused to accommodate Christians"?

Obama is correct - there should not be a religious test for refugees. Y

Bullshit.

We're a country founded on the principle of freedom of religion - it's ingrained in or society, and we are the product of many people's who fled persecution. There was and should be no religious test EVER.
When you have a single religious group victimizing all others, a religious test is appropriate and necessary.

Well, unfortunately for you, we don't - around the world different religous groups are threatening other religious groups or ethnic groups or racial groups. What's more - you seem to think all people of one religious grouping are "the same". There are many sects and divisions. So no, a religious test is neither appropriate nor necessary and serves only to benefit religious bigots.
Threat is an ambiguous word, particularly when used by dishonest, anti Christian ideagogues. The fact of the matter is that only Islam is waging war on innocents.

Where have they "refused to accommodate Christians"?

Obama is correct - there should not be a religious test for refugees. Y

Bullshit.

We're a country founded on the principle of freedom of religion - it's ingrained in or society, and we are the product of many people's who fled persecution. There was and should be no religious test EVER.
When you have a single religious group victimizing all others, a religious test is appropriate and necessary.

Well, unfortunately for you, we don't - around the world different religous groups are threatening other religious groups or ethnic groups or racial groups. What's more - you seem to think all people of one religious grouping are "the same". There are many sects and divisions. So no, a religious test is neither appropriate nor necessary and serves only to benefit religious bigots.
Threat is an ambiguous word, particularly when used by dishonest, anti Christian ideagogues. The fact of the matter is that only Islam is waging war on innocents.

The fact of the matter is, your "fact" is completely false.

Bullshit.

It's true, and you are a liar.

America first is loyal to her own...We have the right and obligation to protect our people from criminals and terrorists. We are not first obliged to accommodate foreigners. Sorry.

Bullshit.

So the Islamic state didn't declare war on us? You're not just a liar, you're obviously delusional.How the Islamic State Declared War on the World

So the Islamic state didn't declare war on us? You're not just a liar, you're obviously delusional.How the Islamic State Declared War on the World

The Islamic State isn't a religion. It's a self-declared state. None of that changes the fact that there are religious conflicts going on around the world, targeting innocents, that aren't all perpetrated by Muslims. If all you can come up with is "your a liar" than, I think you might be a bit delusional yourself.

It's true, and you are a liar.

America first is loyal to her own...We have the right and obligation to protect our people from criminals and terrorists. We are not first obliged to accommodate foreigners. Sorry.

That sounds good except you forgot to add "except foreigners of the right religion".

^This.

Islam is a political ideology, period, and the Koran is some homocidal psychopath's Mein Kampf, no matter how much it's claimed otherwise, and barring its adherents is perfectly moral and supportable. Every country has the right to bar admission to anybody, for any reason or no reason, and that includes the U.S. Claiming we shouldn't is a form of idiocy and dissimulation spouted by mentally ill or credulous morons.

Every society has a right to fix the fundamental principles of its association, and to say to all individuals, that if they contemplate pursuits beyond the limits of these principles and involving dangers which the society chooses to avoid, they must go somewhere else for their exercise; that we want no citizens, and still less ephemeral and pseudo-citizens, on such terms. We may exclude them from our territory, as we do persons infected with disease.
Thomas Jefferson to William H. Crawford, 1816

Note that a religious test is not excluded from this statement by Jefferson.

Given all the above Irosie, do you think the refugee's should only temporarily stay in the US or do you think they can "adapt" to the US's separation of state/religion okay? We're all hearing about blocks in other countries where the Muslim community is trying to enforce religious laws and such. This is concerning to those of us that support that separation and a check/balance on theocracy.

I think that the Christians can do fine in the USA----in fact I know they can---I have
lived near Christian Syrians for ----uhm ---some 60 years in the USA. I believe
that muslims always have a problem with the constitution of the USA. It is inconsistent with islam
And if a religion makes them incompatible with the law of our country, we should not accommodate them.

People can believe what ever they want - why should you care (or why should I)? As long as they follow our laws - they can worship a pasta god that tells them to wear a colander on their heads. If you look at the multitude of religions in our country it's pretty clear that there is no religion that is incompatable - it's all in the individual.

Gibberish. The Koran is very much all about murder, oppression, robbery, and invasions. there isn't a thing in it about 'individualism', and it is completely incompatible with every other religion and political system, with the exception of Nazism.

^This.

Islam is a political ideology, period, and the Koran is some homocidal psychopath's Mein Kampf, no matter how much it's claimed otherwise, and barring its adherents is perfectly moral and supportable. Every country has the right to bar admission to anybody, for any reason or no reason, and that includes the U.S. Claiming we shouldn't is a form of idiocy and dissimulation spouted by mentally ill or credulous morons.

Every society has a right to fix the fundamental principles of its association, and to say to all individuals, that if they contemplate pursuits beyond the limits of these principles and involving dangers which the society chooses to avoid, they must go somewhere else for their exercise; that we want no citizens, and still less ephemeral and pseudo-citizens, on such terms. We may exclude them from our territory, as we do persons infected with disease.
Thomas Jefferson to William H. Crawford, 1816

Note that a religious test is not excluded from this statement by Jefferson.
That's siggy worthy.

Forum List

Back