🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Discrimination: 2,098 Syrian muslims admitted into US - Only 53 Christians

Really?

Then it's discriminatory in reference to Muslims, Zorastrians, and other religious minorities living under ISIS.

Persecution in and of itself doesn't equal genocide.

Genocide has been applied to the Yazidi's: Persecution of Yazidis by ISIL - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A lot of groups can be persecuted and killed or might fall under war crimes, but don't qualify as genocide. When the Bosnians were attacked and killed by the Serbs - it still wasn't called a genocide so arguing that there is some sort of religious bias at work is thin.

nothing "thin" about it-----I am alluding to YOUR definitions--------as to who says what------LOTS AND LOTS of people decided that DA JOOOS are committing genocide against the PALESTINIANS-------according to your own statements----DA JOOOOS ain't coming close despite that which lots of people and agencies SAY

Sorry Rosie, I've never said that genocide was being conducted against the Palestinians.

I did not claim you did-------millions of other people do------YOU claimed----"see---other people say it is NOT genocide or ----other people say it IS genocide--------"
I AM NOT IMPRESSED what tom, dick and harry call "genocide" I know what
genocide is. Today people being subjected to genocide are Christians
in muslim shit holes--------lots of them-----arab countries, and others Indonesia,
Pakistatan, Iran, The muslims of the middle east are not subjected to genocide-------and Shiites have to option of IRAN. The Christians are being afforded virtually NO OPTIONS

Christians have the option of the entire western world if you are looking at it that way - they do, after all, comprise 33% of the world's people. The Azidi's, I think, exist no where else.

A lot of sects and religions are being targeted by ISIS - particularly the multitude of small ancient religions that have existed there forever and they include Christians, Muslims, Azidi's and others. I do agree - they need protection.

What I don't see is a deliberate effort by the UN to exclude them or favor one or the other. There is clearly a problem with the system since it relies on who registers in the refugee camps but that isn't the same as deliberate discrimmination.

Your statement is -----as usual VULGAR------Christians have the CHOICE OF THE WORLD but poor suffering muslims have only wildly wealthy OIL RICH COUNTRIES? The people at risk are the Christians and the Yazidis----but the UN is treating them both like shit and kissing arab muslim ass. Zoroastrians are free in the USA, Israel and------dirt poor Mumbai-----you remember Mumbai------
muslims hate Mumbai--------the Zoroastrians who survived the stink of islam in
iran fled to Mumbai-----where the jews who fled the stink of islam in Iraq and Iran
-----also landed and still get along well with them-----that is why Pakistanis committed the kind of terrorism you so adore in Mumbai-------which is why they built their temples in Israel. It is people like you who have CREATED the Islamic sense of EXTREME ENTITLEMENT which includes a right to blow the brains out of infants

I looked over my post and fail to see anything vulgar...methinks you are stretching a bit.

"Christians have the CHOICE OF THE WORLD but poor suffering muslims have only wildly wealthy OIL RICH COUNTRIES? " -- those aren't my words. If you are going to use the logic that muslim refugees can go to muslim countries, then the same logic applies to christian refugees surely?

The rest of your post...a bit off the wall Rosie.

Actually Christians have a better standing than Yazidi's who are despised.
The Yazidi's worship a peacock angel. They are kind of weird.

Is any religion NOT weird? Seriously...incindiary shrubbery giving orders...zombie prophets....epileptic prophecies...

Moot point

Some people think that stuff is normal....:dunno:

Coyote----try to learn something------you are wrong----Zoroastrians had
the SAME standing as did jews and Christians in classical shariah shit
cesspools. They were DHIMMIS------paid jizya and were subject to the
DHIMMI ORPHAN LAW-----which rendered them ----if bereft of their
fathers-----enslaved to any muslim who wanted a sex slave. Remember---you called me a "liar"-----NOPE-----the Yazidis are enslaved and raped and sold in
under the same ISLAMIC HOLY LAW from which my very own mother-in-law
was rescued. Keep laughing

2am? Rosie..you need to go to bed...

I think you underestimate the level of "sophistication" of people from other parts of the world The days of being amazed at an electric light ended LONG AGO
You actually imagine that SYRIA is a primitive country with backward illiterate
people and women swathed in endless veils-----think again. Syria is not Somalia---
in fact even Somallia is not as Somalia as you seem to imagine. Have you ever
met persons from those "primitive" lands? Your concept that EXPOSURE to
THE WEST-------boggles the minds of what you seem to imagine are people living
under a rock--------is, itself ----primitive

Well that was actually a question I asked in my "Will you Convert" post. If the beliefs of Islam as a religion was incompatible with Western America as is being purported by the extreme right. I didn't get an answer here, nor on my other discussions as I'd hoped. It seems that people are muzzled on the subject, be that by their PC'ness, or by political divides.

You are correct, I /don't/ know how folks in the ME actually live, but no one is willing to talk about it either - and that presents a problem for me on more than one hand. So you've given me the standard political talking points in your post. Is it your claim that despite all the international uproar about the way the ME treats women, it is all a lie? What is your opinion regarding Muslim culture interfacing with the modern American woman, and on what do you base it?

I base my opinions on more than 50 years of interacting closely with persons
from both the middle east and the far east -------living in the USA and---certainly
very much influenced by their "cultures" of origin. I gave you NOTHING "standard" I have also interacted very closely with lots of dysfunctional people
born in the USA---of very standard WASP background. My considered opinion is
that the people of the USA are in NO WAY threatened by the attitudes of middle
easterners and THEIR attitude toward women. BTW my own husband was
born in one of the most primitive islamic shit holes in the world ----Do not misapprehend------we got lots of problems with the issue of CALIPHATISM-----
but I knew that decades ago-----because I knew lots of muslims since late adolescence------The fact that some people in the USA did not see a problem
with the "ARAB SPRING"------fascinated me. It was clear to me that it heralded
an epoch of BLOOD. Even more fascinating is the fact that the white house missed the danger of the TALIBAN in the 1980s and Carter was too stupid to
have a notion as to the level of harm he facilitated in Iran. "THEIR" attitude
toward women is the least of our problems

So you don't deny that they have a completely different view of women's rights, but you deny that there is an element of culture shock when being thrust into modern westernized countries? The "rescue" outweighs the culture shock then in your opinion?

But anyway, so the folks you've worked with have adapted to living in the US I gather? They understand and respect the modern woman's position in the US and westernized nations?

Where have they "refused to accommodate Christians"?

Obama is correct - there should not be a religious test for refugees. Y

Bullshit.

We're a country founded on the principle of freedom of religion - it's ingrained in or society, and we are the product of many people's who fled persecution. There was and should be no religious test EVER.

"religious test"--???? religion is, simply, IDEOLOGY-------I is old-----well---actually I am not THAT old but have a very good memory and can remember people
saying "I refuse to answer that question on the ground that it might tend to incriminate me"------before I knew the world "constitution" I also remember "have you ever been a member of an organization that supports the violent overthrow of the US government" ---before I knew all the words in that question.
Ideologies that support violence are an issue. I do not believe it is wrong to
ask-----"should abortion doctors be shot"?

I never agreed with the concept of loyalty oaths or McCarthy era witchhunts. Asking "do get off on murder" is not the same as applying a religious test to immigrants and refugees.

I have never come across anyone who suggested a "religion" test-----the issue I support is IDEOLOGY TEST. All persons naturalized do take an OATH--it includes issues of ideology and LOYALTY

So you don't deny that they have a completely different view of women's rights, but you deny that there is an element of culture shock when being thrust into modern westernized countries? The "rescue" outweighs the culture shock then in your opinion?

But anyway, so the folks you've worked with have adapted to living in the US I gather? They understand and respect the modern woman's position in the US and westernized nations?

who is "they"??? Have you ever encountered the people you call "they"?
Culture shock? I had some culture shock when I served in the US Navy----
and came into contact with lots of southern crackers who seemed to have the
mindsets of GENERAL LEE. (I was born in the USA and grew up in a semi-rural-suburban town------chock full of very standard Yankees ------many of pre-revolutionary war stock but those southern boys and their attitudes were SHOCKING to me) I am a bit fascinated by your "attitude toward women" ---
issue. Can you elaborate?--------do you have any special groups in mind
that you imagine will somehow cause a problem to American girls like me?

2817wns.jpg

all Muslims must be relocated for re education

nothing "thin" about it-----I am alluding to YOUR definitions--------as to who says what------LOTS AND LOTS of people decided that DA JOOOS are committing genocide against the PALESTINIANS-------according to your own statements----DA JOOOOS ain't coming close despite that which lots of people and agencies SAY

Sorry Rosie, I've never said that genocide was being conducted against the Palestinians.

I did not claim you did-------millions of other people do------YOU claimed----"see---other people say it is NOT genocide or ----other people say it IS genocide--------"
in muslim shit holes--------lots of them-----arab countries, and others Indonesia,
Pakistatan, Iran, The muslims of the middle east are not subjected to genocide-------and Shiites have to option of IRAN. The Christians are being afforded virtually NO OPTIONS

Christians have the option of the entire western world if you are looking at it that way - they do, after all, comprise 33% of the world's people. The Azidi's, I think, exist no where else.

A lot of sects and religions are being targeted by ISIS - particularly the multitude of small ancient religions that have existed there forever and they include Christians, Muslims, Azidi's and others. I do agree - they need protection.

What I don't see is a deliberate effort by the UN to exclude them or favor one or the other. There is clearly a problem with the system since it relies on who registers in the refugee camps but that isn't the same as deliberate discrimmination.

Your statement is -----as usual VULGAR------Christians have the CHOICE OF THE WORLD but poor suffering muslims have only wildly wealthy OIL RICH COUNTRIES? The people at risk are the Christians and the Yazidis----but the UN is treating them both like shit and kissing arab muslim ass. Zoroastrians are free in the USA, Israel and------dirt poor Mumbai-----you remember Mumbai------
iran fled to Mumbai-----where the jews who fled the stink of islam in Iraq and Iran
-----also landed and still get along well with them-----that is why Pakistanis committed the kind of terrorism you so adore in Mumbai-------which is why they built their temples in Israel. It is people like you who have CREATED the Islamic sense of EXTREME ENTITLEMENT which includes a right to blow the brains out of infants

I looked over my post and fail to see anything vulgar...methinks you are stretching a bit.

"Christians have the CHOICE OF THE WORLD but poor suffering muslims have only wildly wealthy OIL RICH COUNTRIES? " -- those aren't my words. If you are going to use the logic that muslim refugees can go to muslim countries, then the same logic applies to christian refugees surely?

nothing "off the wall" about it-----yes---Christians can go to Christian majority countries-----like the USA and France. Syrian arabs speak Arabic------eat the cuisine of arabs and have the religion of arabs----ie islam-------Wny would they
go to Christian countries?

nothing "off the wall" about it-----yes---Christians can go to Christian majority countries-----like the USA and France. Syrian arabs speak Arabic------eat the cuisine of arabs and have the religion of arabs----ie islam-------Wny would they
go to Christian countries?

Just because people are the same religion doesn't mean they are the same culture. Look what happened in the partitian of India when the split Bengal on religious lines.

mindsets of GENERAL LEE. (I was born in the USA and grew up in a semi-rural-suburban town------chock full of very standard Yankees ------many of pre-revolutionary war stock but those southern boys and their attitudes were SHOCKING to me) I am a bit fascinated by your "attitude toward women" ---

Is the term "they" offensive to you for some reason? Is "they" now on the "you cannot use that word" list? I admittedly have a hard time keeping up with the off the wall stupid stuff sorry.

By "they" of course I meant refugee's from the ME... How do /they/ feel about being thrust into American lifestyles?

Elaborate, sure. How about the teaching of the Koran that see Women as unequal to men? This is a problem for me personally, and I'm a bit of an anti-feminist in a lot of ways... How about their take on gays? I mean we have enough trouble controlling our damn Christians regarding LGBT rights as it is.

Is the term "they" offensive to you for some reason? Is "they" now on the "you cannot use that word" list? I admittedly have a hard time keeping up with the off the wall stupid stuff sorry.

By "they" of course I meant refugee's from the ME... How do /they/ feel about being thrust into American lifestyles?

Elaborate, sure. How about the teaching of the Koran that see Women as unequal to men? This is a problem for me personally, and I'm a bit of an anti-feminist in a lot of ways... How about their take on gays? I mean we have enough trouble controlling our damn Christians regarding LGBT rights as it is.

"thrust into American life-style"??? Do you have any idea as to what you are
talking about? --------from where do you imagine these people originate? MARS? Can you describe what you imagine is SO different about living in
Damascus, Syria vs living in small town USA?. I do not understand your
mindset so I will ask-------have you ever encountered people from "other"
cultures. How about people from LONDON? You need not, of course----but if
you could tell me a little bit about your "AMERICAN LIFE-STYLE" so that I can
understand what you think is so UNIQUE about it-------I can address your concerns. I will help you a bit------a person who grows up in LONDON----is going
to experience just as much CULTURE shock if he finds himself in a town in South Carolina-------as would a Syrian from Damascus. The people of Syria are not riding around on camels-----living in tents and waving scimitars at their neighbors

The people of Syria are however growing up in a place that does not see women as equal, who feel that women should not "expose" themselves (aka show their faces) do they not?

You're so busy being hostile that you can't even answer a question from someone genuinely interested... Doesn't bode well for your case when you avoid the question to instead imply something I'm not.

The people of Syria are however growing up in a place that does not see women as equal, who feel that women should not "expose" themselves (aka show their faces) do they not?

You're so busy being hostile that you can't even answer a question from someone genuinely interested... Doesn't bode well for your case when you avoid the question to instead imply something I'm not.

ok ---you made yourself more clear---
NO ---women in Syria are ABSOLUTELY not
required to cover their faces------I do not have stats-----but I have encountered LOTS of Syrian women------in the course of my long life and never encountered even one------muslim or christian who wore a veil over her face. NOT ONE-----there may be a few who do in some remote places. Your impression of the Middle east is-----very
-----"naïve". I have encountered lots of males born and bred in the USA---who have all sorts of ideas regarding THEIR right to dominate and/or abuse women.
I have to admit-----I found your ignorance ok-----it is your baseless conclusions
that sorta annoyed me. Genuine interest is nice but you need more data before
jumping to conclusions. Feel free to ask questions. I will concede that there are a few people in Syria today who would like a FEMALE VEILED SOCIETY. ----a few

I made it pretty damn clear in my first reply to you that I was asking because I didn't know... I mean I even said flat out I didn't know:

Well that was actually a question I asked in my "Will you Convert" post. If the beliefs of Islam as a religion was incompatible with Western America as is being purported by the extreme right. I didn't get an answer here, nor on my other discussions as I'd hoped. It seems that people are muzzled on the subject, be that by their PC'ness, or by political divides.

You are correct, I /don't/ know how folks in the ME actually live, but no one is willing to talk about it either - and that presents a problem for me on more than one hand. So you've given me the standard political talking points in your post. Is it your claim that despite all the international uproar about the way the ME treats women, it is all a lie? What is your opinion regarding Muslim culture interfacing with the modern American woman, and on what do you base it?

Anyway, so you're saying the ME is far more modern and feminist than is being portrayed by... well everyone really (humanitarian groups, news reporters, etc.) You cannot claim I'm "naïve" when half the reports pleading for aid, and in fact sympathy for the refugees, claim it to be so. The news that we American's get is of women being treated appallingly, gays being thrown off buildings, and even those Muslim's here in the states taking it to the Supreme because they /must/ wear their veils in their ID pictures, so really, what did you expect the average American to think? I'm trying to understand the actual situation over there but, it's near impossible because of the muzzling thing.

I'm merely trying to balance the needs of Americans and refugees - to assist in a determination of what kind of "response" if any I would personally support regarding US actions in the ME in the future and the refugee situation. Like for example, if I'm understanding your take correctly here, it is not really the ME that practices the so-called "ancient" teachings of the Koran, but rather just the radicals in the ME? In which case I'm likely to be of the mind that we need to "free" these folks from the radicals and return their countries to them, which means we're talking about refugees that are perhaps better served to be more "temporarily" resettled here until we can get the ME situation under control, if we can get the situation under control... Thing is I don't have a cabinet of folks designated to such a task like governments do... perhaps I should consider one as it'd be far more efficient to my needs heh

What would you suppose the prevalent teaching in Syria is currently, and Iraq, and how long do you think the "less modernized" versions have been in practice there? Did this come in recently in the past generation? Not to discount those who were born and raised here in the US (or in EU), but I'm more interested in the aspect of any culture shock for those who are sent here - in relation to the refugees coming here and to the EU I mean. You said you worked with folks from the ME who'd come to the US, yes? These were folks who chose to migrate here or those who were forced out of their countries (because I think that does make a difference, though it could indeed be argued that the refugees /choose/ to come to the US or w/e country in EU.)

I made it pretty damn clear in my first reply to you that I was asking because I didn't know... I mean I even said flat out I didn't know:

Anyway, so you're saying the ME is far more modern and feminist than is being portrayed by... well everyone really (humanitarian groups, news reporters, etc.) You cannot claim I'm "naïve" when half the reports pleading for aid, and in fact sympathy for the refugees, claim it to be so. The news that we American's get is of women being treated appallingly, gays being thrown off buildings, and even those Muslim's here in the states taking it to the Supreme because they /must/ wear their veils in their ID pictures, so really, what did you expect the average American to think? I'm trying to understand the actual situation over there but, it's near impossible because of the muzzling thing.

I'm merely trying to balance the needs of Americans and refugees - to assist in a determination of what kind of "response" if any I would personally support regarding US actions in the ME in the future and the refugee situation. Like for example, if I'm understanding your take correctly here, it is not really the ME that practices the so-called "ancient" teachings of the Koran, but rather just the radicals in the ME? In which case I'm likely to be of the mind that we need to "free" these folks from the radicals and return their countries to them, which means we're talking about refugees that are perhaps better served to be more "temporarily" resettled here until we can get the ME situation under control, if we can get the situation under control... Thing is I don't have a cabinet of folks designated to such a task like governments do... perhaps I should consider one as it'd be far more efficient to my needs heh

What would you suppose the prevalent teaching in Syria is currently, and Iraq, and how long do you think the "less modernized" versions have been in practice there? Did this come in recently in the past generation? Not to discount those who were born and raised here in the US (or in EU), but I'm more interested in the aspect of any culture shock for those who are sent here - in relation to the refugees coming here and to the EU I mean. You said you worked with folks from the ME who'd come to the US, yes? These were folks who chose to migrate here or those who were forced out of their countries (because I think that does make a difference, though it could indeed be argued that the refugees /choose/ to come to the US or w/e country in EU.)

when you talk about throwing gays off of high places----that is not Syria----that is ISIS in Iraq------very strict shariah law. I have stated that my own hubby was born in such a place ------he does not recall it being an infant when rescued---but his now dead relatives did. Iran kinda TURNED to strict interpretation of Islamic law----since 1979 after being normal for MANY YEARS-----thus it CAN HAPPEN anywhere----Tunisia had been fairly liberal for CENTURIES until recently Turkey---is dropping into the cesspit after more than a century of very liberal and many
centuries of fairly liberal. Based on history----both recent and remote----the lesson is that any Islamic society can GO NUTS and decide in favor of strict shariah----it has happened OVER AND OVER AND OVER again in the history of islam-----a mere 1400 years------but it seems to be like a sin wave------up and down, up and down. Based on remote history and fairly recent history------I (that's me---rosie)
had no doubt in 2010 that the ARAB SPRING of Tunisia------was the herald of
a really bloody epoch in human history-------its happened before and it happened again-----right now it is ongoing and it is not even the beginning of the end. As
to refugees------most are simply refugees and adapt----HOWEVER even the children of secularized persons get into a craze of GOING BACK TO ROOTS----making
lots of muslim refugees----a real danger. I would prefer to wish them all well in
muslim countries of which there are dozens-----some to the taste of the most FERVENT. The bottom line? Jihadists kill -----they have been doing it since
the inception of islam

Where have they "refused to accommodate Christians"?

Obama is correct - there should not be a religious test for refugees. Y

Bullshit.

We're a country founded on the principle of freedom of religion - it's ingrained in or society, and we are the product of many people's who fled persecution. There was and should be no religious test EVER.

We're a country founded on the principle of freedom from England. Importing a culture that is built around oppressing and persecuting others of different religions is a regression and idiocy, not a 'religious test'. Those fleeing persecution are the non-Muslims in the region, not Muslims, and a religious test is exactly what is required in such a circumstance. Islam is a political ideology, not a religion.

Forum List

Back