Discuss the State of the Union Address here?

Id support that.

Problem is Im not convinced that i trust the people currently doing the insider trading to pass a bill that will actually stop it.

Again... why do they need a bill? It's illegal. At least, it is for anyone who is American and does not work in congress. Why do they need a bill? Just fucking enforce the law.

Why are both sides not outraged by this?

I am outraged. I don't get it.

I'd like to know why they need a fucking bill. Insider trading is illegal, is it not? Why are we not fucking pissed that congress are above the laws that apply to the rest of us?

Seriously.

Honestly, I believe it's both legal and common for congresscritters to trade stock in the companies they hold tax breaks and regulations over.

:tongue: I told ya we looked stupid from space!

Thank you. That is my point. Why do we allow this? Surely both Democrats and Republicans (the rank and file - those not in congress) should be outraged about it?

Why do you think there's a TEA Party?

Id support that.

Problem is Im not convinced that i trust the people currently doing the insider trading to pass a bill that will actually stop it.

Again... why do they need a bill? It's illegal. At least, it is for anyone who is American and does not work in congress. Why do they need a bill? Just fucking enforce the law.

Why are both sides not outraged by this?

I am outraged. I don't get it.

Ummmmm, actually there is a specific exemption for congress in the law.

Honestly, I believe it's both legal and common for congresscritters to trade stock in the companies they hold tax breaks and regulations over.

:tongue: I told ya we looked stupid from space!

Thank you. That is my point. Why do we allow this? Surely both Democrats and Republicans (the rank and file - those not in congress) should be outraged about it?

I know that's why the TEA Party was born. I just wish others would realize it too.

Why the hell are we supposed to cheer him for saying send me a bill and I'll stop the illegal practices of congress?

He basically illustrated what he is and what the Republican candidates are not; level headed and able to articulate his position. It wasn't a work of art in my opinion but it framed the national debate very well. Engaged and concerned vs. the GOP who are more and more the party of the monied interests.

"Anyone who says Americas influence has waned..doesn't know what he's talking about" - Obama

LOL

He basically illustrated what he is and what the Republican candidates are not; level headed and able to articulate his position. It wasn't a work of art in my opinion but it framed the national debate very well. Engaged and concerned vs. the GOP who are more and more the party of the monied interests.

Actually, I think the Republicans can articulate his position well. Hence why some are polling better than he is.

I'd agree with you about Gingrich.... but Romney is very level headed and articulate. One of the reasons why I'd support him. He's rational.

I'd agree with you about Gingrich.... but Romney is very level headed and articulate. One of the reasons why I'd support him. He's rational.

Rational....I agree with. I do not feel that he's that articulate myself. Moreso than Mr. Gingrich though.

The same Tea Party that for some reason is supporting Newt for some unknown reason?

If you think the TEA Party is supporting Newt as a block, you could not be more wrong. I know quite a few TEA partiers... and I have yet to meet one who's supporting Newt. They're all going for Romney.

Oh i know they arent supportng him as a block. But its messed up that any are.

Rational....I agree with. I do not feel that he's that articulate myself. Moreso than Mr. Gingrich though.

He can handle himself better without a teleprompter than Obama can.

He's always been an articulate orator. How do you think he got elected in the first place?
He bullshitted his way into office.

Obama once again exposed his utter ignorance on oil and gas issues.

There is no discernible difference between the two when it comes to tax policy, yet he heaped praise on natural gas while once again berating the oil industry.

He's a crafty mothafucka. Stupid, but crafty.

He's always been an articulate orator. How do you think he got elected in the first place?
He bullshitted his way into office.

Obama once again exposed his utter ignorance on oil and gas issues.

There is no discernible difference between the two when it comes to tax policy, yet he heaped praise on natural gas while once again berating the oil industry.

He's a crafty mothafucka. Stupid, but crafty.

Articulate Orator? :lol::lol:

No. He is a good reader though...

Last edited:

Forum List

Back