Divine Mercy

Moonglow I have not gone in person to Mass (one day I will and it will be amazing I think). I emailed the Father at a Catholic Church in American fork Utah but I haven't heard back. Offline I am pretty introverted. I am sure that is hard to believe because of how I am online. :lol:

Cougarbear nope I live with a man unmarried can't be baptized
Then marry him. I've assisted many people in the same situation and even way more complicated. You simply refuse to live by the laws and commandments of God. And, if this man were worth anything, he'd make you an honest woman. It will take you 5 minutes in front of the justice of the peace. By the way, the Church still hasn't rejected you. You are free to continue to attend Church and socialize with the members.

Cougarbear pm me and I can have the bishop on my block confirm this
We have members who have been baptized fall into improper living relationships that still are welcome to come to Church. We work with them and help them with their testimony of God, Joseph Smith, The Book of Mormon (Bible as well), The Gospel and Church are True and are the restored Church of Jesus Christ. This alone usually helps with the decision to stay unmarried and helps them get married or dump the significant other. But, we try to work with the significant others as well.
Yes, Catholics I know are great people. But, they simply don't have the authority of Jesus Christ. They lost that long ago.

Cougarbear My boyfriend wanted to get baptized a year or so ago and he went through seeing the teachers and etc but because we aren't married it just halted it. He still has his book of Mormon and Doctrine & Covenants and a yearly updated LDS magazine. But he quit going.

The Catholics have been really good to me so that's where my focus is. He still wants to be a Mormon.

Cougarbear that's a difficult situation
I don't want to get married. We have been together 10 years.
Then, that's your problem. Not the Church or God. Not the Bishop or anyone else. If you've been together for 10 years, why would you not make it proper before the Lord? Or, is it that the boyfriend won't commit to you?

Cougarbear My boyfriend wanted to get baptized a year or so ago and he went through seeing the teachers and etc but because we aren't married it just halted it. He still has his book of Mormon and Doctrine & Covenants and a yearly updated LDS magazine. But he quit going.

The Catholics have been really good to me so that's where my focus is. He still wants to be a Mormon.
So, you quashed his opportunity for exaltation because you...........
I was born Jewish and wasn't baptized until I was 24 years old. I married at age 20 to an LDS girl who was 20 also. I never stopped her from going to Church. In fact, I encouraged her too. Also, I had spiritual experiences since I was age 10 that made me know Jesus Christ is the Son of the Father. So, 4 years after we were married, we moved away from family to Provo, Utah, where I enrolled at BYU. After seeing and hearing the Prophet of God speak, Spencer W. Kimball, I went back to our apartment and told my neighbor I wanted to be baptized. Your boyfriend has received influence by the Holy Ghost and wants to be baptized. Marry him so you can support him. You don't have to be baptized too until you receive the influence from the Holy Ghost. Right now, you have a double mind. Just like I had for a while. James 1:5-8

Forum List

Back