Zone1 Do black people have a right of self-defense in America?

video I watched showed 2 drunks harassing a black guy.

Unless you consider beer cans lethal weapons, it was not a
Stand Your Ground' moment requiring firearms.
Were they full beer cans? That's been considered a deadly missile before.

Are they allowed to use the law of "Stand your ground" to their defense?

The answer is, clearly, "No!" It's a result of the racist, white supremacist system we live under in this country.

The Professor expounds on this in the most recent example of this apartheid system we're experiencing....

Do you disagree?

Not in Chicago

They had a gun.

You'd know that if you listened to the video.
THE SHOOTER DIDN’T KNOW THAT. As far as he knew, they were just two drunken, racist assholes. Even if he had known about the gun, mere possession isn’t a justification for deadly force. If they had brandished it or aimed it at him, THAT would have been justification for self defense shooting.

"The statute states that a person in his or her dwelling, residence, or occupied vehicle has the right to stand his or her ground and use or threaten to use deadly force if he or she reasonably believes such force is necessary to prevent imminent death, great bodily harm, or prevent the commission of a forcible felony."

They verbally assaulted the citizen, he hid in the business, they waited for him outside, when he finally decided to escape them, they contunied their assaut.

He then defended himself and like the yellow-bellies they are, they ran. However, he managed to clip one of them permanently.
Read what you posted. The shooter wasn’t “in his dwelling, residence or occupied vehicle”. There was no justification for the shooting, especially not “stand your ground”. The shooter was free to, and did disengage at any time.

blacks defend themselves every day shooting back from other blacks shooting at them, see chicago daily.

Hmmm when, for the first time, I ever see an example of the black person NOT being the thug and resisting arrest or getting shot while trying to mug or kill someone, I will let you know.
And you seem to be the racist here.
Your racism has you missing a lot of things.

Whites resist arrest and the mahority of mugginggs are not done by blacks.

Several cases aren't many times.
And yet it kinda is.

A close friend of mine, who happens to be black, was dealing a lil dope to supplement his income and feed his 4 kids,

and some poc latin hoodlums got wind of that, and figured they'd come rob him, because he won't call the police, well, he defended himself and his

family, but he did some time, too. I know of a similar thing happening at least half a dozen times. So yeah, it's a pattern.

I don't he should have gotten any time. It was bad. Nice guy, he didn't deserve that.

2-3 others just like that, too. Now a couple other guys, meh..they didn't have families. Doesn't mean it's open season to rob them, either.

Last edited:
And yet it kinda is.

A close friend of mine, who happens to be black, was dealing a lil dope to supplement his income and feed his 4 kids,

and some poc latin hoodlums got wind of that, and figured they'd come rob him, because he won't call the police, well, he defended himself and his

family, but he did some time, too. I know of a similar thing happening at least half a dozen times. So yeah, it's a pattern.

I don't he should have gotten any time. It was bad. Nice guy, he didn't deserve that.

2-3 others just like that, too. Now a couple other guys, meh..they didn't have families. Doesn't mean it's open season to rob them, either.
Try telling me something I don't know. But again, these things are not the majority of such robberies.

Forum List

Back