Do Christians have Free Speech ?

I wonder, how many of the people here screaming about the Phil's freedom of speech were as concerned about the Dixie Chick's freedom of speech when they made fun of George W.?

I believe the fans turned on them but they were free to pursue their careers, the Democratic Party press loved them.

Is Phil not free to pursue his career as he chooses? He lost his job on one reality show. The Dixie Chicks had concerts cancelled. Sounds like much the same to me.

As far as I understand Phil wasn't on the set of Duck Dynasty at the time he presented his point of view.

Let's say an employer feels an employees profanity, sexual proclivities and general stupidity on say a Message Board reflects badly on the companies reputation, is it okay if that employer fires that employee?

Message boarding is anonymous.

Sure, if he is able to conclusively link the Boarder with damaging the company's reputation.

Phil is responsible for his behavior and his words when it impact his relationship and reputation to and with any employer.

If I was A&E I'd tell the Gays to fuck themselves...:lol:

pardon me..

Christians are made to pay a price for exercising their first amendment rights, while other religions are not. I didn't say Christianity was criminalized through legislation, dumbass.

So when the mosques in NYC caused a gigantic public outcry and ridicule 24/7 on fox News..............

that wasn't persecution?

SENSATIONALISM Y'all need to know what it means.

Going outside and living real life outside of what media tells you is a great step toward seeing "what it's really like."
Muslims aren't persecuted in this country, they are coddled. And the mosque at Ground Zero issue was NOT a case of muslim persecution, it was a case of public outcry against terrorists dancing on the graves of their American victims.

Muslims are coddled? :cuckoo:

you must think that you, and every hard core right winger out there coddles them, then? :cuckoo:

or do you and those people not exist? :cuckoo:

or are you and those people not "this country?" :cuckoo:

projection projection projection and sensationalism

So when the mosques in NYC caused a gigantic public outcry and ridicule 24/7 on fox News..............

that wasn't persecution?

Going outside and living real life outside of what media tells you is a great step toward seeing "what it's really like."
Muslims aren't persecuted in this country, they are coddled. And the mosque at Ground Zero issue was NOT a case of muslim persecution, it was a case of public outcry against terrorists dancing on the graves of their American victims.

you must think that you, and every hard core right winger out there coddles them, then? :cuckoo:

They are coddled by our government and particularly by this administration while Christians are mocked and ridiculed, and whenever possible, denied their rights under the first amendment.

that wasn't persecution?

The moment a homophobe puts a rag on his head you jump to his defense.

Welcome to Bizzarro World, where everything is upside down and ass-backwards

I believe that the law says the 1st amendment protections do not apply in the private work place.

Our family businesses made it quite clear to prospective employees that politics and religion was left in the parking lot until they got back to parking lot after work.

Wasn't Phil giving an interview at GQ or something, outside the door, you might say?

I was talking about behavior at work.

Phil decided to make it public in an interview, which, his employer believes, was inappropriate.

I wonder, how many of the people here screaming about the Phil's freedom of speech were as concerned about the Dixie Chick's freedom of speech when they made fun of George W.?

I believe the fans turned on them but they were free to pursue their careers, the Democratic Party press loved them.

Is Phil not free to pursue his career as he chooses? He lost his job on one reality show. The Dixie Chicks had concerts cancelled. Sounds like much the same to me.

They're free to take their show and their fans elsewhere.

No they're not. Contracts and all.

People can be fired for what they do off the set, Charlie Sheen, Alec Baldwin.

I fail to see how Phil embarrassed A&E.

If A & E doesn't feel that being Gay is sinful, then he embarrassed them. As an employee, he represents the company and their values whether he likes it or not.

I think that's asking a bit much. As long as you don't break the law or commit immoral acts I think employees have the right to conduct themselves free of persecution.

Besides, he didn't say he hated gays. He said he personally felt it was unnatural. His mistake, according to some, was not selling out and supporting gay marriage. That is descrimination. You shouldn't have to support something you think is wrong.

You think wrongly.

The moment a homophobe puts a rag on his head you jump to his defense.

Welcome to Bizzarro World, where everything is upside down and ass-backwards

I do?

no, wrong.

but nice try!

I do right versus wrong, no bias.

They are coddled by our government and particularly by this administration while Christians are mocked and ridiculed, and whenever possible, denied their rights under the first amendment.

:cuckoo:

Not on Duck Dynasty. I wasn't aware he had several other reality shows, do tell.

I believe that the law says the 1st amendment protections do not apply in the private work place.

Our family businesses made it quite clear to prospective employees that politics and religion was left in the parking lot until they got back to parking lot after work.

Wasn't Phil giving an interview at GQ or something, outside the door, you might say?

I was talking about behavior at work.

Phil decided to make it public in an interview, which, his employer believes, was inappropriate.

He's a Christian, it's reasonable to presume he would believe homosexuality is a sin, otherwise, he'd be a hypocrite. He doesn't strike me as the hypocritical type, simply honest in his belief.

If A & E doesn't feel that being Gay is sinful, then he embarrassed them. As an employee, he represents the company and their values whether he likes it or not.

I think that's asking a bit much. As long as you don't break the law or commit immoral acts I think employees have the right to conduct themselves free of persecution.

Besides, he didn't say he hated gays. He said he personally felt it was unnatural. His mistake, according to some, was not selling out and supporting gay marriage. That is descrimination. You shouldn't have to support something you think is wrong.

You think wrongly.

That's your opinion.

Someone who supports same-sex marriage shouldn't be fired ether.

They're free to take their show and their fans elsewhere.

No they're not. Contracts and all.

The show belongs to A&E. The fans are not under contract.

You think wrongly.

That's your opinion.

Neither should be putting an employer at a disadvantage it does not want.

Private employer employee contract rules here, nothing else.

You think wrongly.

That's your opinion.

Neither should be putting an employer at a disadvantage it does not want.

Private employer employee contract rules here, nothing else.

What kind of disadvantage?

They were making them tons of money from advertisers.

Does associating with Christians put one at a disadvantage?

When did this happen?

1517589_182475228617863_36972513_n.jpg

Forum List

Back