Do Christians have Free Speech ?

A&E, I hear, asked the Duck Dynasty guys to stop praying at the end of the show.

They said they would continue the practice despite A&E's wishes.

What say you now?

I say:

What the fuck does that have to do with free speech? It is THEIR EMPLOYER.

:cuckoo:

Free speech is one amendment. Freedom of religion is another.

They figure they can fire them and go somewheres else if they don't like God being mentioned.

BTW, theyre both the same amendment....:eusa_whistle:

Nope..not if it conflicts with the Liberal/Democratic Party agenda..

Oh give it a rest.

You whinny assed fake christians embarrass those of us who are truly followers of Christ.

To say that you're a true follower of Christ strikes me as humorous. To say that you're a grocery store Christian picking out what you will and will not believe sounds more honest.

I say:

What the fuck does that have to do with free speech? It is THEIR EMPLOYER.

:cuckoo:

They figure they can fire them and go somewheres else if they don't like God being mentioned.

Yes, and that's not a breach of their rights.

The employer is private and reserves the right to have them behave however the fuck they want on their dime. I think your clockwork is missing a mechanism or two.

So it's okay if I fire someone because they're supporters of same-sex marriage?

The employer is private and reserves the right to have them behave however the fuck they want on their dime. I think your clockwork is missing a mechanism or two.

If it was agreed upon as a term of employment, fuck yes.

But whatever way I did end up feeling about it...............doesn't make it a free speech or free religion issue.

But whatever way I did end up feeling about it...............doesn't make it a free speech or free religion issue.

Why not?

Why not?

You entered into a voluntary agreement to act the way your boss wants you to.

Since it was volunteer, it is not a persecution of your rights.

Christians are losing their first amendment rights. About 60% gone I would estimate.

Why just yesterday, I saw the cops surrounding the Big Box church near us, leading parishioners off in handcuffs.
Christians are made to pay a price for exercising their first amendment rights, while other religions are not. I didn't say Christianity was criminalized through legislation, dumbass.

What males you think A&E didn't know praying would be going on in the show?

From what I hear it's always been a part of the show.

It doesn't matter.

A&E is under no obligation to employ people who they find disagreeable.

It has nothing to do with the first amendment. That's when you're on your own time, not someone else's dime.

Christians are losing their first amendment rights. About 60% gone I would estimate.

Why just yesterday, I saw the cops surrounding the Big Box church near us, leading parishioners off in handcuffs.
Christians are made to pay a price for exercising their first amendment rights, while other religions are not. I didn't say Christianity was criminalized through legislation, dumbass.

So when the mosques in NYC caused a gigantic public outcry and ridicule 24/7 on fox News..............

that wasn't persecution?

SENSATIONALISM Y'all need to know what it means.

Going outside and living real life outside of what media tells you is a great step toward seeing "what it's really like."

Why not?

A&E knew what they were getting. All of the sudden they want to force them to change?

Nah, that doesn't fly. The show is popular as is and A&E wants to change it to fit their values but not the viewing public's values.

A&E knew what they were getting. All of the sudden they want to force them to change?

Nah, that doesn't fly. The show is popular as is and A&E wants to change it to fit their values but not the viewing public's values.

What's your point?

That's their right as the employer. And still has nothing to do with the 1st amendment.

So when the mosques in NYC caused a gigantic public outcry and ridicule 24/7 on fox News..............

that wasn't persecution?

Going outside and living real life outside of what media tells you is a great step toward seeing "what it's really like."

Christians didn't bring down those buildings, and then choose to gloat by building a mosque a block or so away from their "conquest".

What's your point?

That's their right as the employer. And still has nothing to do with the 1st amendment.
That is their right, and they have the right to fuck up like any other dumbass.

that wasn't persecution?

Christians didn't bring down those buildings, and then choose to gloat by building a mosque a block or so away from their "conquest".

And neither did all Muslims.

Persecute the religion as a whole? What about their first amendment rights?

And btw - the case of the ground zero mosques is a REAL first amendment issue. The case of an employer firing an employee because of differing values is not.

What's your point?

If you say so.

Theyre allowed to say whatever the hell they want when not employed by a private employer who says not to (not a free speech issue) or using tax dollars to promote (not a free speech issue).

Theres no free speech issue at all - its ignorance and misconstruing the circumstance thus playing victim. I say "nice try," but i dont think youre playing a trick i think its because youre usually gullible or dumb.

And what would you think would happen if an employee of a company gets fired for expressing his opinion in favor of gay rights
I want you to seriously think about that and be honest

Last edited:
Theyre allowed to say whatever the hell they want when not employed by a private employer who says not to (not a free speech issue) or using tax dollars to promote (not a free speech issue).

Theres no free speech issue at all - its ignorance and misconstruing the circumstance thus playing victim. I say "nice try," but i dont think youre playing a trick i think its because youre usually gullible or dumb.

And what would you think would happen if an employee of a company gets fired for expressing is opinion in favor of gay rights
I want you to seriously think about that and be honest

already asked and answered speed demon

What's your point?

If you say so.

Tell your boss that theyre butt fucking fungus ugly(if you have one).

See how free your speech is.

Forum List

Back