do Denmark and Sweden really hate each other ,,,

If a person that speaks two languages is bilingual and a person that speaks three or more languages is multilingual what is a person that speaks no other languages called?

An American.

do Denmark and Sweden really hate each other or is it just an old joke?​

Denmark and Sweden have never hated each other.
i have heard about it and would like to know your comments
You're getting it now. The northern part of Sweden tells "Norwegian jokes". The southern part of Sweden tells "Danish jokes". The same jokes (the very same jokes) are told by the Danes and the Norwegians about the Swedes. It's all in good fun and only Danes, Swedes, and Norwegians with no sense of humour take them seriously.

I think they had a fall out over who serves the better breakfast pastry . Creme puff or Danish?
Its a hell of a dillema
There can never have been a fallout over that subject. It is well-known that the Danes make pastries far superior to Swedish ones. No one can deny it. Whenever I go across the bridge I would be stupid not to enjoy a Danish pastry while I am there. No pastry in the world can compare to German and Danish bakery goodies!

Ps. I assume when you mention Swedish "cream puff" that you are referring to the traditional Swedish "semlor". It's just whipped cream on a pastry that is as rough as sliding a metal file over your tongue. I hate it but it's a "tradition" so we are compelled to eat it and pretend we like it.

semlor.jpg

Last edited:
Sweden is the rape capital and they live close enough to not say "Hmmm, I don't think so"

View attachment 933007
Allow me to put some perspective on that issue. I think you all know about the open borders in northern Europe, right? What you don't know is that Denmark put a stop to it but Sweden carried on. FACT: Even the rubbish that married Danish women are not allowed to live in Denmark. I'm from Malmö myself and I can tell you that mixed marriages of Danes and ..... you know who ..... are living here in Sweden together because Denmark told them to fuck off. I'm dead serious. Come to Malmö and if you meet a foreigner who's married to a Dane, just ask them and they'll tell you. Hundreds, thousands of them.

lets go on with this pleasant topic
Let's shift it across the Atlantic where it's not funny at all, ie. the US. Disparaging names such as hicks, spicks, jigaboos, krauts, wops, and kikes are bad enough. But the worst one is slandering a Pole by calling him/her a Pollock. This is particularly slanderous, not because of the term, but because Pollack is the Polish word for Pole. So the insult is assuming being Polish is something to be ashamed of. You will never hear such an attitude in Denmark, Norway, or Sweden.

Denmark and Sweden have never hated each other.

You're getting it now. The northern part of Sweden tells "Norwegian jokes". The southern part of Sweden tells "Danish jokes". The same jokes (the very same jokes) are told by the Danes and the Norwegians about the Swedes. It's all in good fun and only Danes, Swedes, and Norwegians with no sense of humour take them seriously.
Thanks for this info! :)

There can never have been a fallout over that subject. It is well-known that the Danes make pastries far superior to Swedish ones. No one can deny it. Whenever I go across the bridge I would be stupid not to enjoy a Danish pastry while I am there. No pastry in the world can compare to German and Danish bakery goodies!

Ps. I assume when you mention Swedish "cream puff" that you are referring to the traditional Swedish "semlor". It's just whipped cream on a pastry that is as rough as sliding a metal file over your tongue. I hate it but it's a "tradition" so we are compelled to eat it and pretend we like it.

View attachment 933374

@ Danish pastries ….. are they not originally Austrian pastries from Vienna?

Allow me to put some perspective on that issue. I think you all know about the open borders in northern Europe, right? What you don't know is that Denmark put a stop to it but Sweden carried on. FACT: Even the rubbish that married Danish women are not allowed to live in Denmark. I'm from Malmö myself and I can tell you that mixed marriages of Danes and ..... you know who ..... are living here in Sweden together because Denmark told them to fuck off. I'm dead serious. Come to Malmö and if you meet a foreigner who's married to a Dane, just ask them and they'll tell you. Hundreds, thousands of them.
Interesting to hear!

Let's shift it across the Atlantic where it's not funny at all, ie. the US. Disparaging names such as hicks, spicks, jigaboos, krauts, wops, and kikes are bad enough. But the worst one is slandering a Pole by calling him/her a Pollock. This is particularly slanderous, not because of the term, but because Pollack is the Polish word for Pole. So the insult is assuming being Polish is something to be ashamed of. You will never hear such an attitude in Denmark, Norway, or Sweden.

a list of those names might be interesting :)

Some nicknames that Germany has for other nations ..
not that i would use those ….

Spaghetti.Fresser for Italians
Frosch.Fresser for French
Insel.Affen for the English

@ Danish pastries ….. are they not originally Austrian pastries from Vienna?
I think maybe there is some confusion on the other side of the Atlantic about these things. It's complicated. Those common sweet breakfast goodies are called "wienerbröd" in Swedish and "wienerbrød" in Danish both referring to Vienna. But in Vienna it's called "Kopenhagener". Go figure! :auiqs.jpg: Shall I tell you about "Hamburger", "Beefburger" and "French fries" now? o_O

I think maybe there is some confusion on the other side of the Atlantic about these things. It's complicated. Those common sweet breakfast goodies are called "wienerbröd" in Swedish and "wienerbrød" in Danish both referring to Vienna. But in Vienna it's called "Kopenhagener". Go figure! :auiqs.jpg: Shall I tell you about "Hamburger", "Beefburger" and "French fries" now? o_O
confusing indeed! :)

Let me tell you sth about the Famous Black Forest Cherry Cake

the name in German does not mean that it is from the Black Forest

but that it contains cherry brandy from cherries of the Black Forest

a list of those names might be interesting :)
It's too disgusting.

confusing indeed! :)
"Hamburger" (in Geman) is anyone or anything from the city of Hamburg. A fat meatball with a bun probably originated in Hamburg and then was flattened and stuck between a sliced bun in the US.

A "Beefburger" is a British attempt to single out the hamburger as being made with beef rather than "ham" (pork) but all it is is their misconception of Ham-burger so they've wasted their energy on foolishness.

"French fries" come from Belgium, not France.

A "jelly doughnut" is called a "Berliner" in Germany and probably originated from the city of Berlin.

*** But I think you said you are from Germany so you already know all of this, gell? If so then you also know that the best pastry in the world is Spritzkuchen:

Spritzkuchen.jpg

Forum List

Back