Do Federal/State/Local Governments Create Jobs?

Do Federal/State/Local Governments Create Jobs?

• Total voters
Money in the private sector that is invested in one business takes money away from any other business that might have wanted/needed that investment. What's the difference?

Get it?

You obviously have never taken a course in economics. You are very ignorant on the subject.

Government expenditures are very inefficient uses of earned money due to the political nature of determining how the money is being spent. Private businesses have to spend the money in an efficient manner or they go out of business.

A great example of that is General Motors. That company wasn't worth shit and turned out a product that very few people wanted. In steps that turdbrain Obama who gives them billions of taxpayer's dollars in order to pay back the filthy ass inefficient UAW for the campaign contributions he got from them. The billions of dollars that was given away could have been used to buy good and services that the taxpayers wanted. Instead it went to inefficient shitheads that couldn't make a profit on their own. Jobs were "saved" but at a great cost that exceed what the the more efficient private industry would have produced with the same amount of money.

U.S. government says it lost 11.2 billion on GM bailout Reuters

U.S. government says it lost $11.2 billion on GM bailout

When the government spends money on a tank or M-16 it doesn't produce a commodity that is useful to the people that had to give up money in order to fund the commodity. It is necessary because of the nature of defense but it takes money out of the productive economy.

When a shithead bureaucrat uses taxpayer's money to fund a bridge to nowhere or give money to a foreign country or subsidize bloated union wages, gives welfare or gives money to Solundra they have taken money out of the productive economy and introduced a significant loss.

You really need to take a course in economics so you don't look like a fool when you post on an internet discussion forum. It is embarrassing to have to educate you on some very basic economic principles.

So what? The so-called $11.2 billion lost is chump change compared to how the survival of the American auto industry has benefited the American economy. Just imagine if the government had allowed GM to die - which would have had a far-reaching negative economic impact beyond just GM. Don't you people ever think outside your partisan bubble?

Think about "Opportunity Costs"...

Money in the private sector that is invested in one business takes money away from any other business that might have wanted/needed that investment. What's the difference?

Get it?

You obviously have never taken a course in economics. You are very ignorant on the subject.

Government expenditures are very inefficient uses of earned money due to the political nature of determining how the money is being spent. Private businesses have to spend the money in an efficient manner or they go out of business.

A great example of that is General Motors. That company wasn't worth shit and turned out a product that very few people wanted. In steps that turdbrain Obama who gives them billions of taxpayer's dollars in order to pay back the filthy ass inefficient UAW for the campaign contributions he got from them. The billions of dollars that was given away could have been used to buy good and services that the taxpayers wanted. Instead it went to inefficient shitheads that couldn't make a profit on their own. Jobs were "saved" but at a great cost that exceed what the the more efficient private industry would have produced with the same amount of money.

U.S. government says it lost 11.2 billion on GM bailout Reuters

U.S. government says it lost $11.2 billion on GM bailout

When the government spends money on a tank or M-16 it doesn't produce a commodity that is useful to the people that had to give up money in order to fund the commodity. It is necessary because of the nature of defense but it takes money out of the productive economy.

When a shithead bureaucrat uses taxpayer's money to fund a bridge to nowhere or give money to a foreign country or subsidize bloated union wages, gives welfare or gives money to Solundra they have taken money out of the productive economy and introduced a significant loss.

You really need to take a course in economics so you don't look like a fool when you post on an internet discussion forum. It is embarrassing to have to educate you on some very basic economic principles.

So what? The so-called $11.2 billion lost is chump change compared to how the survival of the American auto industry has benefited the American economy. Just imagine if the government had allowed GM to die - which would have had a far-reaching negative economic impact beyond just GM. Don't you people ever think outside your partisan bubble?

The Republicans wasted $26 billion on a government shutdown and still bitch about $11 billion that saved the auto industry

Your rants about the inherent inefficiency, laziness and corruption of government have no merit. Corporations are looking to make a profit. If my local government can do it cheaper than a private company why shouldn't they?

Spoken like a true Moon Bat.

If you don't like how a corporation runs its business then don't buy what they produce.

If you don't pay the tribute the shithead bureaucrats demand they will send men with guns to get it from you.

In theory government has no money, unless they tax. They create currency, but the value of the currency is the production of the American worker and what people attach to that. This is why government merely redistributes money, and it does so at a loss in value due to the labor it requires to redistribute.

In "theory" the private sector has no money - unless consumers give it to them. You sound like one of those who thinks all government employees work for them.

Who do they work for?

They work for themselves. They have an employment contract with the government. Their paycheck and compensation package belong to THEM!

What is the source of the money they get in their paycheck and compensation package.

The Republicans wasted $26 billion on a government shutdown and still bitch about $11 billion that saved the auto industry

OK sure. Now you are playing the school yard game of "Johnny also did it" excuse.

If Republicans waste money then don't vote for them. I don't.

If the Democrats waste money then don't vote for them. I don't.

Don't vote for bad government. If you do then you are the problem.

The Democrats promises bad government and delivers bad government.

The Republicans promises good government but delivers bad government.

Don't be an idiot. Don't vote for anybody that delivers bad government.

If that is the case, then there should be NO government contracts ever.

Government cannot create jobs Virtually all government jobs are paid for by taxes taken from corporations and private citizens. That represents money that cannot be spent on improving products, inventing new ones, etc. Obviously some government functions are necessary, like patent office and courts. But the vast majority of the bureaucracy represents dead loss--money thrown down a pit.

I had a recent experience where I had a severe heating loss and the Dr said it was possibly due to a minor stroke. I went to Costco and got some hearing aids. There were three people at the hearing aid counter, a sales associate and two hearing technicians with separate sound proof rooms for testing hearing.
The Technician(1) used the computer to test my hearing loss, did the fitting routine and had the sales associate (2) order my hearing aids. A week later I went back and the Tech gave me detailed verbal instructions on the use, care and cleaning of the hearing aids and I paid the sales associate a couple of thousand dollars. Only 2 people were required for this to happen.

I then ran into a fellow veteran who told me he had a hearing problem and got FREE hearing aids from the VA. I made an appointment at the VA Medical center and went for a hearing test. The receptionist (1)checked me in, a technician (2) tested my hearing, another technician (3) did a routine fitting and I was told to come back in a week. When I returned, a technician (2) and a Dr (5) checked that they fit and that they worked, then another technician (4) gave me and a group of fellow vets an hour of detailed instructions on the use, care and cleaning of the hearing aids. I checked out with a different receptionist. (6)

I have no problem with the VA, but it took a staff of 6 to accomplish what a staff of 2 had done at Costco. So, the government certainly does create, and create, and create jobs.

Why would you say something as stupid as that?

There are legitimate government expenditures. Defense, courts, police etc.

The problem is that the money is not spent wisely because there is little or no accountability for the necessary items.

Then you have the other other issue of spending taxpayer's money for non necessary items like welfare, subsidies, entitlements and bailouts.

What needs to be fixed is that we reduce the size of the government to only doing the absolute necessary things and then having good accountability.

That ain't rocket science. That is good business.

I had a recent experience where I had a severe heating loss and the Dr said it was possibly due to a minor stroke. I went to Costco and got some hearing aids. There were three people at the hearing aid counter, a sales associate and two hearing technicians with separate sound proof rooms for testing hearing.
The Technician(1) used the computer to test my hearing loss, did the fitting routine and had the sales associate (2) order my hearing aids. A week later I went back and the Tech gave me detailed verbal instructions on the use, care and cleaning of the hearing aids and I paid the sales associate a couple of thousand dollars. Only 2 people were required for this to happen.

I then ran into a fellow veteran who told me he had a hearing problem and got FREE hearing aids from the VA. I made an appointment at the VA Medical center and went for a hearing test. The receptionist (1)checked me in, a technician (2) tested my hearing, another technician (3) did a routine fitting and I was told to come back in a week. When I returned, a technician (2) and a Dr (5) checked that they fit and that they worked, then another technician (4) gave me and a group of fellow vets an hour of detailed instructions on the use, care and cleaning of the hearing aids. I checked out with a different receptionist. (6)

I have no problem with the VA, but it took a staff of 6 to accomplish what a staff of 2 had done at Costco. So, the government certainly does create, and create, and create jobs.

You were lucky to get service from the VA. As we have seen lately veterans have died waiting for their free government health care.

I refuse to go to a VA facility. I would rather pay the money out of pocket than to put up with their bureaucracy.

I could have saved a few thousand dollars a couple of years ago on a procedure by going to the VA but I would probably still be waiting to get treated.

You were lucky to get service from the VA. As we have seen lately veterans have died waiting for their free government health care.

I refuse to go to a VA facility. I would rather pay the money out of pocket than to put up with their bureaucracy.

I could have saved a few thousand dollars a couple of years ago on a procedure by going to the VA but I would probably still be waiting to get treated.

Bullshit. My VA healthcare is excellent - and prompt.

Your rants about the inherent inefficiency, laziness and corruption of government have no merit. Corporations are looking to make a profit. If my local government can do it cheaper than a private company why shouldn't they?

Spoken like a true Moon Bat.

If you don't like how a corporation runs its business then don't buy what they produce.

If you don't pay the tribute the shithead bureaucrats demand they will send men with guns to get it from you.

Totally misses the point outside your hatred and fear of government

If the government can do something at a lower cost than a private company, why shouldn't they and let the taxpayers reap the benefit?

Why not just have the government do what makes sense?

OK sure. Now you are playing the school yard game of "Johnny also did it" excuse.

If Republicans waste money then don't vote for them. I don't.

If the Democrats waste money then don't vote for them. I don't.

Don't vote for bad government. If you do then you are the problem.

The Democrats promises bad government and delivers bad government.

The Republicans promises good government but delivers bad government.

Don't be an idiot. Don't vote for anybody that delivers bad government.

Ready? Here it comes

Who do you vote for?

You obviously have no sense of humor or understand ridiculing.
So, it is not a stupid statement.
Get it!!!

Why would you say something as stupid as that?

There are legitimate government expenditures. Defense, courts, police etc.

The problem is that the money is not spent wisely because there is little or no accountability for the necessary items.

Then you have the other other issue of spending taxpayer's money for non necessary items like welfare, subsidies, entitlements and bailouts.

What needs to be fixed is that we reduce the size of the government to only doing the absolute necessary things and then having good accountability.

That ain't rocket science. That is good business.

American auto industry has benefited the American economy. Just imagine if the government had allowed GM to die - which would have had a far-reaching negative economic impact beyond just GM. Don't you people ever think outside your partisan bubble?

Think about "Opportunity Costs"...
11 billion is chump change? And you aren't part of the problem? The demand for autos does not revolve around GM. Any demand would be met some other way. Taking taxpayer money to secure well payed jobs is obscene. Let the competitors step up, that's how economies WORK. They don't work by robbing Peter to pay Paul. You'll always have the full support of Paul but Peter will soon Peter out.

Bullshit. My VA healthcare is excellent - and prompt.
It isn't bullshit. You are very blessed if it's true. I worked in a VA hospital for three and a half years and saw some horrible shit. Government workers have a different attitude than most of working America.

Totally misses the point outside your hatred and fear of government

If the government can do something at a lower cost than a private company, why shouldn't they and let the taxpayers reap the benefit?

Why not just have the government do what makes sense?

What can they do cheaper?

Show me the list.

Communists spout this failed idea that everything should be put in the hands of the government and we see how that has worked out, haven't we?

There is little or no accountability in government and that is the reason they are so inefficient. Couple that with funding things that the government should not be doing and you have this disaster of a government that we have.

By the way, here is a list of just a few of the many things that government should not be doing:

Corporation for Public Broadcasting Subsidy -- $445 million annual savings.
* Save America 's Treasures Program -- $25 million annual savings.
* International Fund for Ireland -- $17 million annual savings.
* Legal Services Corporation -- $420 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Arts -- $167.5 million annual savings.
* National Endowment for the Humanities -- $167.5 million annual savings.
* Hope VI Program -- $250 million annual savings.
* Amtrak Subsidies -- $1.565 billion annual savings.
* Eliminate duplicating education programs -- H.R. 2274 (in last Congress), authored by Rep. McKeon , eliminates 68 at a savings of $1.3 billion annually.
* U..S. Trade Development Agency -- $55 million annual savings.
* Woodrow Wilson Center Subsidy -- $20 million annual savings.
* Cut in half funding for congressional printing and binding -- $47 million annual savings.
* John C. Stennis Center Subsidy -- $430,000 annual savings.
* Community Development Fund -- $4.5 billion annual savings.
* Heritage Area Grants and Statutory Aid -- $24 million annual savings.
* Cut Federal Travel Budget in Half -- $7.5 billion annual savings
* Trim Federal Vehicle Budget by 20% -- $600 million annual savings.
* Essential Air Service -- $150 million annual savings.
* Technology Innovation Program -- $70 million annual savings.
*Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) Program -- $125 million annual savings..
* Department of Energy Grants to States for Weatherization -- $530 million annual savings.
* Beach Replenishment -- $95 million annual savings.
* New Starts Transit -- $2 billion annual savings.
*Exchange Programs for Alaska Natives, Native Hawaiians, and Their Historical Trading Partners in Massachusetts -- $9 million annual savings
* Intercity and High Speed Rail Grants -- $2.5 billion annual savings.
* Title X Family Planning -- $318 million annual savings.
* Appalachian Regional Commission -- $76 million annual savings.
* Economic Development Administration -- $293 million annual savings.
* Programs under the National and Community Services Act -- $1.15 billion annual savings.
* Applied Research at Department of Energy -- $1.27 billion annual savings.
* Freedom CAR and Fuel Partnership -- $200 million annual savings..
* Energy Star Program -- $52 million annual savings.
*Economic Assistance to Egypt -- $250 million annually.
* U.S.Agency for International Development -- $1.39 billion annual savings..
* General Assistance to District of Columbia -- $210 million annual savings.
* Subsidy for Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority -- $150 million annual savings.
*Presidential Campaign Fund -- $775 million savings over ten years.
* No funding for federal office space acquisition -- $864 million annual savings.
* End prohibitions on competitive sourcing of government services.
* Repeal the Davis-Bacon Act -- More than $1 billion annually.
* IRS Direct Deposit: Require the IRS to deposit fees for some services it offers (such as processing payment plans for taxpayers) to the Treasury, instead of allowing it to remain as part of its budget -- $1.8 billion savings over ten years.
*Require collection of unpaid taxes by federal employees -- $1 billion total savings.
* Prohibit taxpayer funded union activities by federal employees -- $1.2 billion savings over ten years.
* Sell excess federal properties the government does not make use of -- $15 billion total savings.
*Eliminate death gratuity for Members of Congress.
* Eliminate Mohair Subsidies -- $1 million annual savings.
*Eliminate taxpayer subsidies to the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change -- $12.5 million annual savings.
* Eliminate Market Access Program -- $200 million annual savings.
* USDA Sugar Program -- $14 million annual savings.
* Subsidy to Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) -- $93 million annual savings.
* Eliminate the National Organic Certification Cost-Share Program -- $56.2 million annual savings.
*Eliminate fund for Obamacare administrative costs -- $900 million savings.
* Ready to Learn TV Program -- $27 million savings..
* HUD Ph.D. Program

Forum List

Back