Debate Now Do Racism, Conservatism, and Low I.Q. Go Hand in Hand?

No one ever mentions it but yes, the typical Repub/T-Party voter is a disgruntled, self-proclaimed christian- type, white guy who thinks he is entitled to something simply because of his birth WITHOUT taking his IQ into acct.

I'm new to THIS board, but from the liberals on other boards, or in the media, I hear that stereotype all the time.

Generalizations are the BEGINNING OF THOUGHT, not the end.

Republicans do tend to be "disgruntled" in that things are not going our way. That's a reason to be "disgruntled". Though a surprising number manage to be fairly optimistic. I am certainly "disgruntled".

Republicans do tend to be more religious. As the liberals in charge of the Democratic Party, regularly ridicule the very idea of religion or Christianity, it is more surprising that this tendency is as limited as it is.

I am not religious. I know several conservatives who are not.

White? YEs. MOstly. The Dems have done a great job of racial demagoguery when it comes to minorities in America. I'm certain that you are not trying to imply that being white is a bad thing.

Entitled? NO. Being upset about being discriminated against because of AA is NOT feeling "entitled". That is simply nonsense.

Dangerous nonsense.

IQ? What are you talking about? The OP?

LOL.
So it's the "fault" of Democrats that Republicans are 90% white?

This is what I posted.

"White? YEs. MOstly. The Dems have done a great job of racial demagoguery when it comes to minorities in America. I'm certain that you are not trying to imply that being white is a bad thing."

That's a pretty straight forward statement. I don't think you need to summarize it.

Do you wish to deny that that high level of Democratic Support among blacks, is based, to a great extent of racial demagoguery?

If so, just do so.

If not that, then what?

Lots of rw butt hurt in this thread. If the shoe fits, you people own it. Your party is 94% white.

You must find it comforting to live in a world so incredibly simplistic.

All you need to know is that your tribe be da good guys, the other tribe be da bad, and anybody who isn't with you is against you.

Have you ever considered a more adult political orientation instead of this childish one, though?

Only an idiot would say, or would support someone who would say "you're either with us or you are with the enemy."

Half the country has to be below average. It's no surprise it's the half that think education is for snobs and scientists are lazy and science is a faith. It was actually "expected", right?

Republicans are the "half of the country that thinks education is for snobs and scientists"?

You do realize that it is intellectually lazy to make such a sweeping strawman representation of the general conservative stance against elitism, don't you?

Of course it is intellectually lazy to make statements about education being for snobs. Why do right wing politicians do that? Don't you remember your Vice Presidential candidate calling our president a snob because he thought everyone should be able to go to college or trade school? Perhaps the entire right wing doesn't believe that, but the people you chose to represent you certainly do.

Half the country has to be below average. It's no surprise it's the half that think education is for snobs and scientists are lazy and science is a faith. It was actually "expected", right?

Republicans are the "half of the country that thinks education is for snobs and scientists"?

You do realize that it is intellectually lazy to make such a sweeping strawman representation of the general conservative stance against elitism, don't you?

Of course it is intellectually lazy to make statements about education being for snobs. Why do right wing politicians do that? Don't you remember your Vice Presidential candidate calling our president a snob because he thought everyone should be able to go to college or trade school? Perhaps the entire right wing doesn't believe that, but the people you chose to represent you certainly do.
Huh? WTF are you talking about?

Conservatives are most upset at which of these two situations

A) The Institutionalized Racist exploitation of the Ferguson Black Community by white delinquents ______

B) Oklahoma frat boys being expelled for celebrating racism __________

Vote early and often....

Every economy in the world has plenty of jobs that do NOT require college or trade school.

For Obama to think that everyone needs college or trade school shows a disconnect from reality that could very well be a form of snobbery.

A number of studies say "yes", but of course, the "devil is in the details", so then again, it could all be smoke and mirrors. Or, maybe not? Hmmmm......

Do Racism Conservatism and Low I.Q. Go Hand in Hand Psychology Today

Low IQ Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice Racism Bias Politics Right-Wing and Left-Wing Ideology

Intelligence Study Links Low I.Q. To Prejudice Racism Conservatism

Multiple Scientific Studies Confirm Extreme Conservatism Linked to Racism Low I.Q. Americans Against the Tea Party

Those FOUR links refer to an intensive study done by Hodson, & Busseri, in 2012, called: "Bright minds and dark attitudes: Lower cognitive ability predicts greater prejudice through right-wing ideology and low intergroup contact." It was published in Psychological Science, 23, 187-195.

And this study:

Are Conservatives Dumber Than Liberals - Reason.com

(though that study does not run along the same lines exactly)

And this study, from 2009-2010:

Study Are Liberals Smarter Than Conservatives - TIME

(that link is an excellent case for finding the really necessary stuff in the details... hint, hint...)

And a completely different study from 2013, actually comparing the brain sizes of people of different political orientations:

The Surprising Brain Differences Between Democrats and Republicans Mother Jones

and the direct links:

Fear as a Disposition and an Emotional State A Genetic and Environmental Approach to Out-Group Political Preferences - Hatemi - 2013 - American Journal of Political Science - Wiley Online Library

PLOS ONE Red Brain Blue Brain Evaluative Processes Differ in Democrats and Republicans

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, before anyone get's his or her dander up, go read the links. You will be surprised at the plethora of information out there, and a lot of it can be rebutted - you just need to know where to look. I have DELIBERATELY not quoted anything from the links yet, to allow others to first read from start to finish and digest the material at hand.

PS: I live in a time zone that is 6 hours ahead of New York City, so some responses on my part will be delayed.

RULES FOR THIS DISCUSSION:
  1. No ad hominems. No flaming, no getting personal, no insults. Stick to the topic, not the person.
  2. Dictionary definitions will prevail.
  3. Claiming that you are speaking on behalf of others is absolutely forbidden.
  4. What you post is de facto your opinion unless substantiated with credible links.
  5. When you are asked to provide a credible link to substantiate your position you must do so or you automatically forfeit your position.
  6. Links can be contested and if they can be shown to be biased they will be discounted. For this reason I already provided neutral links directly to the core data for a number of studies under the links of websites that one side may consider partisan.
  7. If you are going to invoke partisan terminology then be prepared to have it called out for what it is.
  8. No one is exempt from legitimate criticism - including the OP.
  9. Serious debate also means taking time to formulate an answer - so this should be a slow, thoughtful thread. I don't expect a response in the first 60 minutes after the thread goes up. You will need at least that much time to actually absorb the material needed to successfully debate this statistical issue.
  10. Have some fun while you are at it. That's an order. Life is short, enjoy what you do.

-Stat
I don't have to read further than the title of the post because the premise is in error from the start and completely illogical. You and others are suggesting that Liberalists can't be(or are less) racist or have a low IQ? That alone would prove the hypothesis incorrect. IQ knows no bias and isn't related to ones belief system. You either have a high IQ or you don't.

Certainly there can be Liberalist racism as has been clearly demonstrated in something Liberalists often promote and is commonly referred to as reverse racism. Racism is racism the reverse is all inclusiveness. I.E Affirmative action is racist as it inflicts preference of one race over the other in the name of equality? See the problem? You can't reverse racism and discrimination based on race by promoting racism and discrimination.
Full Definition of RACISM
: a belief that race is the primary determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race
: racial prejudice or discrimination
rac·ist \-sist also -shist\ noun or adjective
See racism defined for English-language learners
See racism defined for kids

Racism - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Reverse racism - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Reverse racism is a condition in which discrimination, sometimes officially sanctioned, against a dominant (or formerly dominant) racial or other group representative of the majority in a particular society takes place, for a variety of reasons, often as an attempt at redressing past wrongs. It has been described as "preferential treatment, discriminating in favor of members of under-represented groups, which have been treated unjustly in the past, against innocent people".[1][2][3]

Take for instance the University of Oklahoma(see link below) who is recently in the news over a fraternity's racist chant. Surley there were Liberalists participating in said chant. The KKK has it foundation in the Democratic party which is commonly thought of as Liberalist. Now that's not to say there weren't some conservatives in the bunch, I'm sure there were. The point being there are racist and low IQ's on both sides, not one more than the other. Actually the links in and of themselves show bias,sensationalism and prejudice on the part of Liberalist ideas making any further investigation unworthy of my attention.

Oklahoma Sigma Alpha Epsilon Fraternity Closed After Video of Racist Chant - ABC News

Yes, we do know there was one liberal on that bus. That's the one who turned over the video. :p
Prove it.

I guess assertions by the left that are totally unfounded or unsubstantiated are the basis for an ideology.I can't help it that I am white but I don't see anyone's skin color to be a determining factor of their character as rd and dot com do. I have never advertised my religion as those two claim, and I am scratching my head about what I have claimed I am entitled to. The facts are that those two liberals are the ones who constantly point out who it is that is entitled to free stuff.
Democrats Racially Diverse Republicans Mostly White

You know all the political parties are majority white, by a mile. So all republicans are bad white people unlike dems and independents where the white people are all good. If ever there were stereotypes for racism it would be RD and Dot Com. These guys are just eat up with hate.

The people with the lowest IQ's, are the most racist and show conservatism with their stance on homosexuality are blacks

Sometime after Reagan, I noticed that the buzzword being used by the radical Right to insult the left became "Elitist". As a democrat, I kind of like it. Before, anyone on the left was described as low information uneducated blacks, Hispanics, and fellow travelers....

In the end, who cares.

There will be nothing done with regards to how politics is conducted based on these studies.

There may be some offshoots....

But, as near as I can tell, it has only given fuel to some to call others names.....

I hope the study wasn't funded by the government.

I wonder when the study about: liberals, racist and low IQ's is coming out

now that should be interesting

I hope to gawd my tax dollars doesn't go to such a disgusting study about either.

sick and twisted anyone would fall such a study. but when you hate your countrymen and women what do you do? post it while beating their chest like apes

For example Zimmerman. Liberals still ignore/deny/minimize the fact that Trevor Martin was seen sitting on top of Zimmerman, beating him vigorously.

You libs fail to grasp that that was "wrong".

Zimmerman following Martin was not wrong. Neither was his self defense wrong.
That was the rendition that Zimmerman gave........there were no witnesses who could actually attest to that.

Zimmerman following Martin was wrong.....Martin had every right to be there, but Zimmerman thought that because he was "black" he was suspicious. That is wrong. Then he was told not to follow him. But, that is water under the bridge.......we now have videos telling a different story than what some cops are reporting....whole different story.

You'll be waiting a long time....liberals generally are not racist. There is ample evidence to show that conservatives are the most racist.

Yep, because it ain't going to happen.

I hope to gawd my tax dollars doesn't go to such a disgusting study about either.
Don't worry, Steph. Your tax dollars are being wasted on another Benghazi investigation, and the Clinton e-mail psuedo scandal that Republicans are ginning up. Oh, and did I mention another "repeal Obamacare"?

sick and twisted anyone would fall such a study. but when you hate your countrymen and women what do you do? post it while beating their chest like apes
You're just upset because you can refute it. The only ones that hate their countrymen are the ones that want to take healthcare away from them, and would rather have a president that starts yet another war, so more of our countrymen can end up dead.

You'll be waiting a long time....liberals generally are not racist. There is ample evidence to show that conservatives are the most racist.

Yep, because it ain't going to happen.

Don't worry, Steph. Your tax dollars are being wasted on another Benghazi investigation, and the Clinton e-mail psuedo scandal that Republicans are ginning up. Oh, and did I mention another "repeal Obamacare"?

You're just upset because you can refute it. The only ones that hate their countrymen are the ones that want to take healthcare away from them, and would rather have a president that starts yet another war, so more of our countrymen can end up dead.
This forum is a great example of that. Almost every racist here is conservative.

Racists appear for several reasons, but their followers are usually less than bright.
This young gentleman is a prime example.

For example Zimmerman. Liberals still ignore/deny/minimize the fact that Trevor Martin was seen sitting on top of Zimmerman, beating him vigorously.

You libs fail to grasp that that was "wrong".

Zimmerman following Martin was not wrong. Neither was his self defense wrong.
That was the rendition that Zimmerman gave........there were no witnesses who could actually attest to that.

Zimmerman following Martin was wrong.....Martin had every right to be there, but Zimmerman thought that because he was "black" he was suspicious. That is wrong. Then he was told not to follow him. But, that is water under the bridge.......we now have videos telling a different story than what some cops are reporting....whole different story.

"Taking the stand Friday, John Good said he was at home watching television with his wife when he heard a "faint noise" that seemed to be getting closer. Outside, he said he saw the person on top of another man.

The man on the bottom, who he said he now believes is George Zimmerman, yelled for help.

"At first it was "What's going on," and no one answered,' " Good said, describing calling out to the men. "And then at that point the person on the bottom, I could finally see, I heard a 'help.' Then at some point I said 'Cut it out.' And then, 'I'm calling 911.' That's when I thought it was getting really serious."

Play VIDEO
Zimmerman trial: Video security expert, neighbor testify

The altercation seemed to escalate, according to Good. The struggle moved to the cement pathway, and he said the person in dark clothing straddled the other man in "mixed martial arts position" he later described to police as a "ground and pound." He said he saw "arm movements going downward," though he couldn't be certain the person on top was striking the person on the bottom.
"The person you now know to be Trayvon Martin was on top, correct?" asked defense attorney Mark O'Mara. "He was the one raining blows down on George Zimmerman, correct?"

"That's what it looked like," Good answered.

Good said he then went back inside to call 911."

Considering your join date and the number of your posts, it is not credible that this is the first time you have heard this.

So, why are you lying?

Also, Zimmerman did not follow Martin simply because he was black. That is another lie.

Also, there is nothing morally wrong with following a suspicious character. It is not recommended for neighborhood watch members, because bad actors may well react badly to being followed, but Zimmerman was doing nothing wrong by following Martin.

A number of studies say "yes", but of course, the "devil is in the details", so then again, it could all be smoke and mirrors. Or, maybe not? Hmmmm......

Low IQ Conservative Beliefs Linked to Prejudice Racism Bias Politics Right-Wing and Left-Wing Ideology

Multiple Scientific Studies Confirm Extreme Conservatism Linked to Racism Low I.Q. Americans Against the Tea Party

Those FOUR links refer to an intensive study done by Hodson, & Busseri, in 2012, called: "Bright minds and dark attitudes: Lower cognitive ability predicts greater prejudice through right-wing ideology and low intergroup contact." It was published in Psychological Science, 23, 187-195.

And this study:

(that link is an excellent case for finding the really necessary stuff in the details... hint, hint...)

And a completely different study from 2013, actually comparing the brain sizes of people of different political orientations:

and the direct links:

Fear as a Disposition and an Emotional State A Genetic and Environmental Approach to Out-Group Political Preferences - Hatemi - 2013 - American Journal of Political Science - Wiley Online Library

PLOS ONE Red Brain Blue Brain Evaluative Processes Differ in Democrats and Republicans

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, before anyone get's his or her dander up, go read the links. You will be surprised at the plethora of information out there, and a lot of it can be rebutted - you just need to know where to look. I have DELIBERATELY not quoted anything from the links yet, to allow others to first read from start to finish and digest the material at hand.

PS: I live in a time zone that is 6 hours ahead of New York City, so some responses on my part will be delayed.

1. No ad hominems. No flaming, no getting personal, no insults. Stick to the topic, not the person.
  4. What you post is de facto your opinion unless substantiated with credible links.
  5. When you are asked to provide a credible link to substantiate your position you must do so or you automatically forfeit your position.
  6. Links can be contested and if they can be shown to be biased they will be discounted. For this reason I already provided neutral links directly to the core data for a number of studies under the links of websites that one side may consider partisan.
  7. If you are going to invoke partisan terminology then be prepared to have it called out for what it is.
  9. Serious debate also means taking time to formulate an answer - so this should be a slow, thoughtful thread. I don't expect a response in the first 60 minutes after the thread goes up. You will need at least that much time to actually absorb the material needed to successfully debate this statistical issue.
  10. Have some fun while you are at it. That's an order. Life is short, enjoy what you do.

-Stat

Low IQ...yes. To believe in Angels is pretty hilarious.

And this study:

and the direct links:

-Stat

Actually the far left and all those things go hand in hand!

And this study:

and the direct links:

-Stat
copiously sourced and well written. Can't argue w/ that

Forum List

Back