Walking in the morning while being black.

We don’t know (yet). Maybe none. Maybe there were crimes in that area and they are looking for the perpetrators.
There might be crimes in that area, but you cannot just ask folk for ID unless they've committed a crime. By all means look for perpetrators, but if the police believe someone did a crime, then they need to state to them what crime they're being charged with, then ID them. I sense a law suit is on the way.

We know now. After the fact. It's mentioned in the article I posted. He has a couple minor traffic violations. That is all

That story doesn’t even match the body cam video?
Now the truth begins to come out below from article.

Sexton had active warrants in Kay, Woods, and Osage counties for traffic-related offenses, which typically do not necessitate an arrest.

I’ve spent 7 days in CA jail arrested walking down the street. Checked out, unpaid, no-show tickets. Off to jail you go. Once they get you dressed out, out of the drunk tank and housed, you ain’t getting out easily. They can hold you for another county to come get you for traffic warrants. A warrant is for your arrest, BOLO for.

Last edited:
I almost called the cops on Two "kids" parked in front of my house like this. They argued with me. I told them they were loitering and that's a crime. They left.
In the UK, if a cop asks for ID, you have to give ID. They can detain you without arresting you until they're happy after their enquiries. I know it's different in the US because I've seen 12 million YouTube videos on this issue.

Any cop that doesn't follow the law should be summary dismissed.

That story doesn’t even match the body cam video?
Now the truth begins to come out below from article.

Sexton had active warrants in Kay, Woods, and Osage counties for traffic-related offenses, which typically do not necessitate an arrest.

I’ve spent 7 days in CA jail arrested walking down the street. Checked out, unpaid, no-show tickets. Off to jail you go.
If someone has warrants for unpaid traffic tickets that is grounds for arrest

So anyone on any public street can walk around as long as they want no matter what as long as they don’t want to tell Police who they are?

Ummm yes. Do you think the police should be able to just stop random people on the street and demand they provide their "papers"?
Seems odd? I can see not having ID on you. But no name? Is also the law?

The man didn't say he didn't have a name only that he didn't have to give it to the police officer's which is correct.

Loitering is out now? Vagrancy or Child endangerment is out? We can do anything we want in OKLA forever?

What evidence do you have that any of that's happening? I dont know what the specific laws regarding loitering or vagrancy are in Oklahoma but is walking on the street evidence of loitering? Is it evidence of vagrancy? If that's the case the cops have their work cut out for them investigating people all day.
Police can’t ask? what if you’re sitting in or driving a car? No ID required? No key is OK?
They can ask, you just aren't required to give it to them. The laws around driving and providing a DL vary from state to state.

Ummm yes. Do you think the police should be able to just stop random people on the street and demand they provide their "papers"?

The man didn't say he didn't have a name only that he didn't have to give it to the police officer's which is correct.

What evidence do you have that any of that's happening? I dont know what the specific laws regarding loitering or vagrancy are in Oklahoma but is walking on the street evidence of loitering? Is it evidence of vagrancy? If that's the case the cops have their work cut out for them investigating people all day.

They can ask, you just aren't required to give it to them. The laws around driving and providing a DL vary from state to state.

All were hypothetical situations. Not necessarily applied to this “jogger”.

Turns out SSDD. Another scofflaw with warrants. Police may have their hands tied on this one and get fired but once again, no name, no ID, no DOB == red flag.

The word you are looking for is vindication. Defense rests.

If someone has warrants for unpaid traffic tickets that is grounds for arrest
Not so sure. But probably

Not so sure

I told story from older days where I spent 7 days in CA jail for traffic warrants. People used to have to pay your fines or do the time ($X credit per day) in CA. I suppose DEM got that revoked also as poor cant pay the $290 fines nowdays? What a mess this country is. Dems own the destruction with help from 90% worthless phony R.

I told story from older days where I spent 7 days in CA jail for traffic warrants. People used to have to pay your fines or do the time ($X credit per day) in CA. I suppose DEM got that revoked also as poor cant pay the $290 fines nowdays? What a mess this country is. Dems own the destruction with help from 90% worthless phony R.
The state would rather have the money from the fine than pay to house someone unable to pay. The motivation to cite moving violations has drifted from safety to income generation IMO.

The cop was trying to find out if the man deserved to be arrested
Ok. He has to act within the bounds of the law in that effort. Im sure we would catch a lot more criminals if the police were able to just do whatever the fuck they wanted. Search cars, homes, stop and frisk, demand people explain what they are doing where they are going, etc. But we wouldn't be a free nation anymore.

Ok. He has to act within the bounds of the law in that effort. Im sure we would catch a lot more criminals if the police were able to just do whatever the fuck they wanted. Search cars, homes, stop and frisk, demand people explain what they are doing where they are going, etc. But we wouldn't be a free nation anymore.
3-4am is a time period when many crimes take place

And how many adults bring a child along when they go jogging?

This was a suspicious circumstance

Cops just gotta learn, if they're gonna violate someone's rights without probable cause, there better be a big payoff - like they got a serial killer or something.

3-4am is a time period when many crimes take place

And how many adults bring a child along when they go jogging?

This was a suspicious circumstance
It was twilight. 5:30 to 6 am. And a small child was with him. The stop was understandable. Where the cop went after was because he let his emotions get the better of him. I would go after these cops without hesitation

Only everyone but criminals. Are you really as dumb as you appear? If not in your own residential gated community you are better off having ID on you. What if you get killed? Should have a house key on you also and know your address. Kid didn’t walk in ten miles from an RV in the woods. At least a nearby APT address?

Better have a reason not to be carrying it? No pockets? What’s your address, DL number, kids SS#. No reason not to help the Police understand if you are good or up to no good.
I regularly go walking for exercise. Carry my phone to listen to music and my keys. Nothing strange about that.

Forum List

Back