🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Do republican voters believe alternative energy initiatives are wastes simply because...

...the big oil funded GOP tells them it is? Are they basing this on anything else? The GOP decleares somethng and Fox News and other right wing garbage declares it fact. Science be damned! The GOP has spoken! Anthropomorphic climate change is a myth! Fossil fuels is all we need!

This propaganda falls on deaf ears in many other nations taking advantage of alternatives such as wind or solar power that create more jobs than fossil fuel jobs do.

The world is fucked unless we act in the next decade to curb carbon emissions. Republicans need to be adults like the rest of the world and accept that you have been wrong all along.

Planet at Risk of Heading Towards Apocalyptic, Irreversible ‘Hothouse Earth’ State
My family has gone solar and super high mileage cars.

...the big oil funded GOP tells them it is? Are they basing this on anything else? The GOP decleares somethng and Fox News and other right wing garbage declares it fact. Science be damned! The GOP has spoken! Anthropomorphic climate change is a myth! Fossil fuels is all we need!

This propaganda falls on deaf ears in many other nations taking advantage of alternatives such as wind or solar power that create more jobs than fossil fuel jobs do.

The world is fucked unless we act in the next decade to curb carbon emissions. Republicans need to be adults like the rest of the world and accept that you have been wrong all along.

Planet at Risk of Heading Towards Apocalyptic, Irreversible ‘Hothouse Earth’ State

The earth has existed far, far longer than humans, and will continue to exist after humans are gone.
Admit it you are just a selfish little prick worrying about your existence.
If worrying about your existance makes you a selfish prick why have you not jumped in front of a bus?

Do you think you are more important than the planet?
I wouldn't jump in front of a bus, too big of a chance of living.
I think I have a right to life as much as any organism on it! So I wonder why no bullet to the head? Guess your a selfish prick too huh!

The reality is that green energy just doesn't work yet. All the greenies in their electric cars are using just as much, if not more, fossil fuel created power as the rest of us.

Someday, we'll get there and green energy will take over - naturally. The greenies try to force it before it's time. Progressives are not known for their patience, and especially not these days when most of them have been raised on instant gratification. (As evidenced by basically everything they bitch about.)
I think the question was if you support green initiatives to get there faster?

As a conservative I certainly want to conserve our natural resources.

But we can't have the government involved in the business of energy. All that does is kill competition and take food off tables as history has shown.

As a matter of fact, the federal government is the biggest polluter with hundreds of thousands of buildings and vehicles.

The temporary solution is less government. The long term solution is certainly clean, renewable, preferably free, energy.

As a conservative I certainly want to conserve our natural resources.

But we can't have the government involved in the business of energy. All that does is kill competition and take food off tables as history has shown.

As a matter of fact, the federal government is the biggest polluter with hundreds of thousands of buildings and vehicles.

The temporary solution is less government. The long term solution is certainly clean, renewable, preferably free, energy.

And booting millions of illegal aliens.

They'd emit much less CO2 back in their country of origin.

Only because you lefties are so smug and unpleasant and unreasonable about it.

So, we like to see your foolishness blow up in your face.

When technology advances to the point of creating "alternative" energy that is better than what we have now, ie that will be an improvement,

I will be very happy.

You want to talk about nuclear power? It's proven tech that does not contribute to the "greenhouse effect".

How'd that work out for Japan?

Stuff like this doesn't happen with solar and wind...

Struggling With Japan’s Nuclear Waste, Six Years After Disaster

Don't put nuclear power plants in earthquake or tidal wave zones.
Or tornadoes or hurricanes....so that leaves where? And the waste?

Lots of places.

The waste? God made salt flats for a reason.

Which just shows you know nothing and aren’t interested in learning.

6 Things to do with Nuclear Waste: None of them Ideal | OilPrice.com

Your article says the Yucca Flats site was sidelined for PR reasons.

That's not a failure of the concept. The idea is sound, we just don't have the political will to actually build a long term safe storage facility.

When the reality of green energy lives up to its hype I will be happy to support it right now it doesn’t.

We were told we were "fucked" three decades ago, then two, then last, now one from now...

There is nothing wrong with renewables, except they are being forced into situations they are not ready for i.e. base load power provision.

And if environmentalists were so worried about the hothouse earth/venus effect, they would put their support 100% behind more fission plants.
So scientists talked about climate change decades ago therefore it doesn’t matter

Not getting it? Your ilk creates panic using data gleaned from models and studies, interpret it in the worst way possible, scream doom and gloom coming in the next decade, then rinse and repeat when the doom and gloom doesn't happen.

The old story of the boy crying wolf evidently has not sunk into your head.
What are you basing this on? What studies decades ago said we’d be fucked at this point?

"Al Gore's 2007 prediction that all arctic ice would be gone by 2014 now proven to be alarming fear mongering"

Al Gore's 2007 prediction that all arctic ice would be gone by 2014 now proven to be alarming fear mongering
Gee in case you didn’t know, Gore isn’t a scientist. Christ. No one gives a shit what Gore thinks. This isn’t about leftwing politics. This is a scientific phenomenon.

We were told we were "fucked" three decades ago, then two, then last, now one from now...

There is nothing wrong with renewables, except they are being forced into situations they are not ready for i.e. base load power provision.

And if environmentalists were so worried about the hothouse earth/venus effect, they would put their support 100% behind more fission plants.
So scientists talked about climate change decades ago therefore it doesn’t matter

Not getting it? Your ilk creates panic using data gleaned from models and studies, interpret it in the worst way possible, scream doom and gloom coming in the next decade, then rinse and repeat when the doom and gloom doesn't happen.

What are you basing this on? What studies decades ago said we’d be fucked at this point?

Basing on the media for the past 40 years harping on "DO SOMETHING OR IN A DECADE IT WILL BE TOO LATE!!!"
Yeah too late as in the humanity will only last for another century. This is about what to do now.

I do wish we could actually talk about such things, I'm into flora and fauna, but frankly greenies these days don't want to discuss realistic methods, they want full stop even if it destroys the lives of billions of people. I refuse to entertain their bullshit these days.
It is far from bullshit

...the big oil funded GOP tells them it is?

Who doesn't love big oil?

turkish-oil-wrestling-is-a-totally-legit-sport-1-21917-1386105805-6_big-300x199.jpg
You certainly do apparently.

No, stupid.

They've been dead wrong on their predictions for decades.

Have any of you IDIOTS considered that maybe, just maybe, the source of our Heat and Light we commonly call the Sun might be the cause of 'Climate Change'?

Of course not. You're dimocraps, which proves right there that you're dumber than a box of fucking rocks.

Have any of you IDIOTS even given the first thought to our Magnetic Field causing 'Climate Change'?

Of course not. You're dimocraps, which means you're fucking stupid.

You wanna keep Greenhouse Gases out of the atmosphere?

Stop breathing. Solves many problems in one step
Oh my god you’re fucking dumb. Some predictions have been inaccurate. That’s part of science. Many other predictions have been accurate. Science isn’t perfect. Why do you even believe this is all bullshit anyway? It’s because the GOP declared it so. That’s it. From there, the peons at Fox News continue to spread this bullshit. You buy into it because you can’t think for yourself.

Oh this is adorable. Because the sun is getting hotter? Wtf? What the fuck are you basing that on? NOTHING YOU DUMBSHIT. Meanwhile, actual science tells us the atmosphere has been compromised because too much CO2 has been released in the atmosphere which intensifies the heat within it.

turkish-oil-wrestling-is-a-totally-legit-sport-1-21917-1386105805-6_big-300x199.jpg

You bet ... antioxidants and Omega-three? Everyone should love big oil.
Yeah I’m sure you’re dumb enough to take the supplement rather than eat the fish. Cons take the easy way as always.

Most supplements don't contain toxic levels of mercury. But, I like fish too.

You bet ... antioxidants and Omega-three? Everyone should love big oil.
Yeah I’m sure you’re dumb enough to take the supplement rather than eat the fish. Cons take the easy way as always.

Most supplements don't contain toxic levels of mercury. But, I like fish too.
That’s not even it. Oil from eating fish is the best way to absorb it.

Basing on the media for the past 40 years harping on "DO SOMETHING OR IN A DECADE IT WILL BE TOO LATE!!!"
Yeah too late as in the humanity will only last for another century. This is about what to do now.

What is with progs and their need for some intangible cause of "DOOOOOOOOOMMMMM" for us?

Still tilting at windmills I see...what do you think of the coming apocalyptic ice age? you know, the one from the 70's being caused by industrial pollution blocking out the sun.

RE Nuclear: Hell these days we have the tech to send all that nuclear waste into the sun. Either way, I hear if you bury it x feet down it's basically the same as when it was mined.

Although on the subject of space, how about nuclear plants on the moon and we finish the work on the Tesla coil to transfer it?

Solar would make sense on the moon.
Plenty of aluminum and silicon, just need to send up the germanium...…..

Solar would be a lot more efficient on the moon than here on earth, but Nuclear puts out a lot more punch for the dollar atm.

Forum List

Back