Do You Believe All ''Men'' Are Created Equal?

Are All Men Created Equal?

• Yes (please explain)

Votes: 24 52.2%
  • No (please explain)

Votes: 18 39.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 8.7%

• Total voters
Sure, if they only get basic cable or broadcast news.
Once you get FOX.
Well then you are a little more equal than others.

I have never met a man or women I believed to be equal to me.

I am the only honest person on Earth.

Better question perhaps...

Do you TREAT all men as though they were equal?

I know damed well not one of us does.

So while we may all mouth the platitudes that we've had drilled into our all-American little heads, none of us REALLY believes it.

And before aybody even starts, spare me your false outrage.

Nobody really believes all men are equal. You don't and I don't either

Some of us might believe that all men should be treated equally under the law, but we also know damned well that the LAW doesn't treat all men equally either.

Last edited:
Lovely sentiment. However it should be noted that this same Jesus asked the disciples if they ahd any swords among them and when told that they did replied essentially that ought to be enough.

I am sorry but I don't get what that has to do with the topic??

Garyd was responding to an ignorant Appeal to Fairy Tale

Better question perhaps...

Do you TREAT all men as though they were equal?

I know damed well not one of us does.

So while we may all mouth the platitudes that we've had drilled into our all-American little heads, none of us REALLY believes it.

And before aybody even starts, spare me your false outrage.

Nobody really believes all men are equal. You don't and I don't either

Some of us might believe that all men should be treated equally under the law, but we also know damned well that the LAW doesn't treat all men equally either.

Mind reader? Speak for yourself. You may not believe it, but I do..and you can't prove any differently either.

FYI-Again- this thread isn't about how people are TREATED. I believe we would all agree people are not treated equal.

xÞx;1658045 said:
Lovely sentiment. However it should be noted that this same Jesus asked the disciples if they ahd any swords among them and when told that they did replied essentially that ought to be enough.

I am sorry but I don't get what that has to do with the topic??

Garyd was responding to an ignorant Appeal to Fairy Tale

I definitely could see where your brain would think that. :cuckoo:

That might be because it was a response to the post immediately prior to mine. And not necessarily anything to do with the thread in general.

A little more clarifacation seems to be in order here. I am sick unto death of even those who ought to know better treating my God and savior as some Namby Pamby weakling consientious objector sort who would never hurt a fly.

God is as much about justice as anything else and his justice is perfect as is his mercy. Justice is simply that the doers of iniquity be punished equally in equal circumstances. No more no less.

Last edited:
That might be because it was a response to the post immediately prior to mine. And not necessarily anything to do with the thread in general.

A little more clarifacation seems to be in order here. I am sick unto death of even those who ought to know better treating my God and savior as some Namby Pamby weakling consientious objector sort who would never hurt a fly.

God is as much about justice as anything else and his justice is perfect as is his mercy. Justice is simply that the doers of iniquity be punished equally in equal circumstances. No more no less.
you should start quoting the post you are replying to then
;)

My reasoning for figuring they would be automatically linked by most people was that they were the only two post related to Christianity thus far interjected into the thread. Had there been another post between his and mine and has we not been sort of uniquely linked I would have quoted him.

My reasoning for figuring they would be automatically linked by most people was that they were the only two post related to Christianity thus far interjected into the thread. Had there been another post between his and mine and has we not been sort of uniquely linked I would have quoted him.

You have me all cornfused here, but that is not unusual for me.:tongue:

Go look at the post immediately above mine. The Man brought God - the Christian God - into the equation I responded with a comment about Jesus the son of that God. Hence I figured the two post were linked at the hip especially given their juxtaposition.

You have me all cornfused here, but that is not unusual for me.:tongue:

qft

Which chapter and verse are you referring to?

Once again the 'created [by God] equal [though the Torah says otherwise]' debate shows its true face: baseless and counterfactual assertions based on fairy tales.

If this has been posted here, forgive me. If not yft. I have posted this poll other places, and was a bit stunned with the replies.

So, Do you believe all ''men'' are created equal? Whatever your answer, please explain..
No, I don't believe all individuals are created equally. For example, IQ is generally thought to be a trait from birth. It follows a normal distribution, so not all are equal in intelligence.

But I DO believe that all men are created equally in deserving an opportunity to succeed at life, whatever success is to them personally.

Yes, that's the right way to look at it.

Forum List

Back