Do YOU believe KUFU built the greatest architectural spectacles of human history or do you believe he inherited them?

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011

Look at the water erosion on the enclosure then compare it to the lack of erosion on "his" pyramid which was supposedly built under his reign.

Personally I believe the Egyptians inherited the great works they claim as their own.

I believe most of the Plateau was built pre Younger Dryas

Look at the water erosion on the enclosure then compare it to the lack of erosion on "his" pyramid which was supposedly built under his reign.

Personally I believe the Egyptians inherited the great works they claim as their own.

I believe most of the Plateau was built pre Younger Dryas

Until politics and religion are permanently and completely removed from archaeology we won't get the whole truth. Archaeological human history is a closely edited and maintained mosaic of convoluted and often nonsensical storylines. It is edited to support both widely known and accepted religious and political narratives, which in turn shape the image and understanding of the distant past in the minds of billions—in the way arbiters of our lives wish it to be understood.

From whom?
Asclepias and Daryl Hunt.
Them two stupid fucks couldn't build a pyramid with Legos and directions
But they were flying jet-powered hovercraft around the pyramids as they oversaw construction.
I'm being serious

From whom?
But they were flying jet-powered hovercraft around the pyramids as they oversaw construction.
I'm being serious
So am I. Those knuckleheads think west Africans were advanced well beyond the Egyptians of that era.

From whom?
I'm being serious
So am I. Those knuckleheads think west Africans were advanced well beyond the Egyptians of that era.
This thread isn't about west Africa. Not sure why we're going there.

No deep thinkers here.... come on ya jackasses. You got plenty to say about my politics or my booze consumption.

Pussies

It's problematic to underestimate the capabilities of our ancient forebearers. They accomplished some pretty amazing stuff in their time. More amazing because they were blazing trails without the benefit of knowledge we already possess.

An ancient ruler, with all the resources of his kingdom, and a nearly unlimited supply of labor and wealth could, if he wanted, accomplish some pretty amazing things.

One of my favorite examples is that of Eratosthenes who, in 250BCE, was able to measure the circumference of the round earth, to a high degree of accuracy (he was off by 7,000 miles out of 24,900 miles) using nothing but sticks to measure shadows, distance measurements paced out on foot, and his own brain.

Or the Eupalinian tunnel on Samos in the Greek Islands. 600 years BCE a tunnel was built over a kilometer in length that started from two separate sides of the island and met in the middle, only a few feet off of perfect alignment.

It's problematic to underestimate the capabilities of our ancient forebearers. They accomplished some pretty amazing stuff in their time. More amazing because they were blazing trails without the benefit of knowledge we already possess.

An ancient ruler, with all the resources of his kingdom, and a nearly unlimited supply of labor and wealth could, if he wanted, accomplish some pretty amazing things.

One of my favorite examples is that of Eratosthenes who, in 250BCE, was able to measure the circumference of the round earth, to a high degree of accuracy (he was off by 7,000 miles out of 24,900 miles) using nothing but sticks to measure shadows, distance measurements paced out on foot, and his own brain.

Or the Eupalinian tunnel on Samos in the Greek Islands. 600 years BCE a tunnel was built over a kilometer in length that started from two separate sides of the island and met in the middle, only a few feet off of perfect alignment.
So your answer is?

A few really smart people with lot of people to boss around can accomplish some really amazing things.

Forum List

Back