Do you guys have live, televised lottery draws, or is it all done in secrecy?

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
In short, do you all have televised, "real" number draws for your lotteries, or is it done behind closed doors?

When I was a kid, we had a provincial Lottario draw every Thursday I believe, and at the end of a particular show they would set aside a minute and a half and the bouncing balls would drop and we'd all see the numbers. My mom would check her ticket right there as the numbers are drawn live. All legit and live for the country to see.

Now, we do NOT have this. Numbers are chosen randomly by a computer and we just trust that everything is on the "up and up". In a system which abuses and government power is excessive and unaccountable, this is of course, on it's face, a laughable and untrustworthy process.

They used to. Haven’t watched local news channels in years, so don’t know if they still do or not.

They used to. Haven’t watched local news channels in years, so don’t know if they still do or not.

I don't even play the lottery, I would consider if the draws were live and legit. Even if just streamed live from a machine rather than some computer RNG which I hardly trust.

In short, do you all have televised, "real" number draws for your lotteries, or is it done behind closed doors?

When I was a kid, we had a provincial Lottario draw every Thursday I believe, and at the end of a particular show they would set aside a minute and a half and the bouncing balls would drop and we'd all see the numbers. My mom would check her ticket right there as the numbers are drawn live. All legit and live for the country to see.

Now, we do NOT have this. Numbers are chosen randomly by a computer and we just trust that everything is on the "up and up". In a system which abuses and government power is excessive and unaccountable, this is of course, on it's face, a laughable and untrustworthy process.
What's laughable is anyone spending any of their hard earned money on lottery.

It's an "idiot tax".

It's an "idiot tax".

I don't spend on these, but I'd do so once in awhile just for the laughs. I know people who have won the jackpot, believe it or not, worth more than $2M.

It's an "idiot tax".

I don't spend on these, but I'd do so once in awhile just for the laughs. I know people who have won the jackpot, believe it or not, worth more than $2M.
So who's ass did they kiss to win?

It's an "idiot tax".

This man was no ass kisser. This was way back when it was definitely a legit lottery. Now, knowing Canada, I'm not so sure.

Always on some local channel, usually some woman with a nice rack.

It's an "idiot tax".

The term is "a tax on people bad at math"

I play $26 a week on lotto games, it's just enough action to keep me happy, and not have to gamble on things like sports here and there, unless i'm in AC, Vegas, or it's a big event.

It's an "idiot tax".

This man was no ass kisser. This was way back when it was definitely a legit lottery. Now, knowing Canada, I'm not so sure.
Lmao!! Look out guys! She's backing up!!

It's an "idiot tax".

I have a friend that hit a jackpot with a scratcher ticket...he gets $2500 a week...I think for life.....and he is only 49....and he still hasn't taken me out to lunch once....LOL

Powerball Draw

MD Lottery

It's an "idiot tax".

I play $26 a week on lotto games, it's just enough action to keep me happy, and not have to gamble on things like sports here and there, unless i'm in AC, Vegas, or it's a big event.

I might spend $10 a year on scratch tickets or lotteries, if it were drawn live, I'd spend maybe $40-50 a year.

I sold FL scratch offs at a business we had.Made a scraper and scraped 3 whole rolls. $1500 I "think" Came out with about $600. 1/3 winners from $5-$10...a few $50 and I think a $100.....that was 34 years ago when they first started. Enough teasers in their to keep dem brudduhs buying $30-$50 a week outa dey checks.OTOH one luck SOB here got $3 worth and hit a $500.....got $3 more on the way home at the gas station and nailed another $500. Old man farmer. I'm sure it went to good use

It's an "idiot tax".

I might spend $10 a year on scratch tickets or lotteries, if it were drawn live, I'd spend maybe $40-50 a year.

again, it's just a taste of the action, enough for me to not think about gambling more.

I sold FL scratch offs at a business we had.Made a scraper and scraped 3 whole rolls. $1500 I "think" Came out with about $600. 1/3 winners from $5-$10...a few $50 and I think a $100.....that was 34 years ago when they first started. Enough teasers in their to keep dem brudduhs buying $30-$50 a week outa dey checks.OTOH one luck SOB here got $3 worth and hit a $500.....got $3 more on the way home at the gas station and nailed another $500. Old man farmer. I'm sure it went to good use

The newer ones with the higher values usually pay more back to people, and thus have a lower house cut.

My dad was a big scratch-off guy, me not so much. too easy to overdo it.

I prefer the weekly 6 number games, set schedule, set value per week.

It's an "idiot tax".

I have a friend that hit a jackpot with a scratcher ticket...he gets $2500 a week...I think for life.....and he is only 49....and he still hasn't taken me out to lunch once....LOL

We have a couple of those scratch types here, $1k a week for life.

Forum List

Back