Do you have a hobby?

I collect samples of cranial grey matter from posters on the USMB.......

dryerlinttrap.jpg

i have an excellent recipe for a soufle.
Hmmm ... reminds me of my spider goulash recipe.

Learning. Medium doesn't matter. Find I enjoy learning about just about everything, especially if I have no prior familiarization with it. TV show "How It's Made" is a good one, shows how mundane everyday things get made.

What is it? Do you have more than one? got pics?

I guess my hobby is making suncatchers from old jewelry pieces. It used to be painting furniture but no can do any more. The other hobby is gardening when I can. Mostly though, it is the sun catchers. I have about 30 of them hanging in my window.

I do a lot of photography. You might find of interest some of the images that I took of this woman and the tree hangings that she created. Some of hangings could be characterized as suncatchers. See Tree Hangings - a set on Flickr
Wow, Bill. Nice photos. Thanks for sharing.

Yes I do.

I guess my hobby is making suncatchers from old jewelry pieces. It used to be painting furniture but no can do any more. The other hobby is gardening when I can. Mostly though, it is the sun catchers. I have about 30 of them hanging in my window.

Serial Killer and gardening. Yes I have pics.

You plant them in your garden? :dig: :ack-1:

My hobby is hobbies. I don't stick with one for very long. I've gone through probably twenty hobbies in the past year. One week, I'm making paracord bracelets, the next week I'm launching model rockets. The following week I am building a zither. Then I learn a bunch of card and coin magic tricks. I am thinking about taking up the ukelele. I have been watching a lot of online lessons and it looks like fun.

I perfected a potato cannon! It is fricking awesome. It launches potatoes about a quarter of a mile. The thing is scary and exhilirating at the same time. Everyone should make one.

My next project is going to be a stained wooden box with four knife switches on the outside, along with a compass and a pocket watch mounted on the box. When you throw one of the knife switches, one of four different train sounds emanates from the box, and a little LED illuminates. I've been accumulating a bunch of electronic parts and other pieces to make it. Why? I have no idea. I have this plan in my head and it won't go away until I bring it to fruition.

I'm also a master at making "fidgets" for autistic kids which has turned out to be very popular even with normal kids.

I have to have yard sales all the time to unload all this crap.

Last edited:

Your window must look very beatiful.

One of my totems is a raven. They like sparklies. So do I. So yes...lots of sparklies when the sun hits them. :)

we all do love shiney things.....

Forum List

Back