Do you REALLY want the Clintons in the White House again?

The Clintons weren't so bad.....a recap

If you're under 50, you really need to read this. If you're over 50, you lived through
it, so share it with those under 50. Amazing to me how much I had forgotten!

When Bill Clinton was president, he allowed Hillary to assume authority over a health care reform.

Even after threats and intimidation, she couldn't even get a vote in a democratic controlled congress. This fiasco cost the American taxpayers about $13 million in cost for studies,promotion, and other efforts.

Then President Clinton gave Hillary authority over selecting a female attorney general. Her first two selections were Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood - both were forced to withdraw their names from consideration.

Next she chose Janet Reno - husband Bill described her selection as "my worst mistake."

Some may not remember that Reno made the decision to gas David Koresh and the Branch Davidian religious sect in Waco, Texas resulting in dozens of deaths of women and children.

Husband Bill allowed Hillary to make recommendations for the head of the Civil Rights Commission. Lani Guanier was her selection. When a little probing led to the discovery of Ms. Guanier's radical views, her name had to be withdrawn from consideration.

Apparently a slow learner, husband Bill allowed Hillary to make some more recommendations. She chose former law partners Web Hubbel for the Justice Department, Vince Foster for the White House staff, and William Kennedy for the Treasury Department. Her selections went well: Hubbel went to prison, Foster (presumably) committed suicide, and Kennedy was forced to resign.

Many younger votes will have no knowledge of "Travelgate." Hillary wanted to award unfettered travel contracts to Clinton friend Harry Thompson - and the White House Travel Office refused to comply. She managed to have them reported to the FBI and fired. This ruined their reputations, cost them their jobs, and caused a thirty-six month investigation. Only one employee, Billy Dale was charged with a crime, and that of the enormous crime of mixing personal and White House funds. A jury acquitted him of any crime in less than two hours.

Still not convinced of her ineptness, Hillary was allowed to recommend a close Clinton friend, Craig Livingstone, for the position of Director of White House security. When Livingstone was investigated for the improper access of about 900 FBI files of Clinton enemies (Filegate) and the widespread use of drugs by White House staff, suddenly Hillary and the president denied even knowing Livingstone, and of course, denied knowledge of drug use in the White House. Following this debacle, the FBI closed its White House Liaison Office after more than thirty years of service to seven presidents.

Next, when women started coming forward with allegations of sexual harassment and rape by Bill Clinton, Hillary was put in charge of the "bimbo eruption" and scandal defense. Some of her more notable decisions in the debacle was:

She urged her husband not to settle the Paula Jones lawsuit. After the Starr investigation they settled with Ms. Jones.

She refused to release the Whitewater documents, which led to the appointment of Ken Starr as Special Prosecutor. After $80 million dollars of taxpayer money was spent, Starr's investigation led to Monica Lewinsky, which led to Bill lying about and later admitting his affairs.

Hillary's devious game plan resulted in Bill losing his license to practice law
for 'lying under oath' to a grand jury and then his subsequent impeachment by the House of Representatives.

Hillary avoided indictment for perjury and obstruction of justice during the Starr investigation by repeating, "I do not recall," "I have no recollection," and "I don't know" a total of 56 times while under oath.

After leaving the White House, Hillary was forced to return an estimated $200,000 in White House furniture, China, and artwork that she had stolen.

What a swell party - ready for another four or eight year of this type low-life mess?
18 Rangers are dead because Hillary wanted to put on a friendly face in Somalia.

If choosing between abolishing and defunding all the institutions that make this country great. WEll, I'll vote clinton to make sure it doesn't happen.

Republicans chose to become the loserterian party. Well, loserterism hasn't won shit and never will.
R&D!

No more Clintons no more Bushs. time for a change
Why do you hate freedom and liberty? Why dictate people cannot vote for whom they want?

Fascisti!
The question was : Do you REALLY want the Clintons in the White House again?
How come you assume I'm dictating how other people can vote?
The point of your OP is NOT to ask a question. It was to attack the Clintons and the Bushs

stop being so disingenuous

I would love to go back to the prosperity we saw during the Clinton years

If you're under 50, you really need to read this. If you're over 50, you lived through

When Bill Clinton was president, he allowed Hillary to assume authority over a health care reform.

Even after threats and intimidation, she couldn't even get a vote in a democratic controlled congress. This fiasco cost the American taxpayers about $13 million in cost for studies,promotion, and other efforts.

Then President Clinton gave Hillary authority over selecting a female attorney general. Her first two selections were Zoe Baird and Kimba Wood - both were forced to withdraw their names from consideration.

Next she chose Janet Reno - husband Bill described her selection as "my worst mistake."

Some may not remember that Reno made the decision to gas David Koresh and the Branch Davidian religious sect in Waco, Texas resulting in dozens of deaths of women and children.

Husband Bill allowed Hillary to make recommendations for the head of the Civil Rights Commission. Lani Guanier was her selection. When a little probing led to the discovery of Ms. Guanier's radical views, her name had to be withdrawn from consideration.

Apparently a slow learner, husband Bill allowed Hillary to make some more recommendations. She chose former law partners Web Hubbel for the Justice Department, Vince Foster for the White House staff, and William Kennedy for the Treasury Department. Her selections went well: Hubbel went to prison, Foster (presumably) committed suicide, and Kennedy was forced to resign.

Many younger votes will have no knowledge of "Travelgate." Hillary wanted to award unfettered travel contracts to Clinton friend Harry Thompson - and the White House Travel Office refused to comply. She managed to have them reported to the FBI and fired. This ruined their reputations, cost them their jobs, and caused a thirty-six month investigation. Only one employee, Billy Dale was charged with a crime, and that of the enormous crime of mixing personal and White House funds. A jury acquitted him of any crime in less than two hours.

Still not convinced of her ineptness, Hillary was allowed to recommend a close Clinton friend, Craig Livingstone, for the position of Director of White House security. When Livingstone was investigated for the improper access of about 900 FBI files of Clinton enemies (Filegate) and the widespread use of drugs by White House staff, suddenly Hillary and the president denied even knowing Livingstone, and of course, denied knowledge of drug use in the White House. Following this debacle, the FBI closed its White House Liaison Office after more than thirty years of service to seven presidents.

Next, when women started coming forward with allegations of sexual harassment and rape by Bill Clinton, Hillary was put in charge of the "bimbo eruption" and scandal defense. Some of her more notable decisions in the debacle was:

She urged her husband not to settle the Paula Jones lawsuit. After the Starr investigation they settled with Ms. Jones.

She refused to release the Whitewater documents, which led to the appointment of Ken Starr as Special Prosecutor. After $80 million dollars of taxpayer money was spent, Starr's investigation led to Monica Lewinsky, which led to Bill lying about and later admitting his affairs.

for 'lying under oath' to a grand jury and then his subsequent impeachment by the House of Representatives.

Hillary avoided indictment for perjury and obstruction of justice during the Starr investigation by repeating, "I do not recall," "I have no recollection," and "I don't know" a total of 56 times while under oath.

After leaving the White House, Hillary was forced to return an estimated $200,000 in White House furniture, China, and artwork that she had stolen.

What a swell party - ready for another four or eight year of this type low-life mess?
A balanced budget and a dow that more than tripled. It was awful, just awful.

I remember this.

Republicans, who were very serious and concerned about this, put up an "Alternate" plan called the individual mandate.

When the Clinton administration finally relented and gave up because of massive obstruction (sound familiar?), the Heritage Foundation plan was mothballed.

And it wasn't until Mitt Romney adopted for his state that it saw the light of day.

Do I want another Clinton in the White House?

Not just yes..but hell yes.

Let's not forget the lovely parting gifts the Reagan's got when they were handed the keys to 668 St. Cloud Rd Bel Air. A lovely 7,500 sq ft home on three acres of prime L.A. real estate worth $3,000,000 in 1989 probably worth $25,000,000 today.

The Clinton's are pikers in comparison to Reagan's presidency and the money they walked off with.
Deflection noted

The Enron Debacle happened during the Bush years.

At the end of 2001, it was revealed that its reported financial condition was sustained substantially by an institutionalized, systematic, and creatively planned accounting fraud, known since as the Enron scandal. Enron has since become a well-known example of willful corporate fraud and corruption. The scandal also brought into question the accounting practices and activities of many corporations in the United States and was a factor in the creation of the Sarbanes–Oxley Act of 2002. The scandal also affected the greater business world by causing the dissolution of the Arthur Andersen accounting firm.[2]

Enron - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

You have to look at the alternatives. Right now it looks like Clinton or Trump so far. I certainly couldn't vote to put a clown like Trump in the white house. Putting aside political ideology, Clinton certain has the experience and knowledge. Her Rolodex probably has the names and private number of half the major heads of state and all the power brokers in congress. She certainly should be able to accomplish more than Obama. That can be good or bad depending on what side of the fence you're on.

Clinton is the worst possible choice. While both bad either Bernie or Trump would be better. Webb would be a much better choice for the dems on the GOP side Rubio wouldn't be so bad.
Clinton has a lot of baggage. She's been in politics for nearly 50 years. She's a lawyer, a congressional council, first lady for 8 years, a US Senator, and a Secretary of State. I can't think of anyone better qualified. She has certainly made some mistakes. However, the only people who haven't screwed up are those that have done nothing and there seems to a number of those in race.
Never mind her mistakes. What were her achievements?
You don’t have to like Hillary Clinton or her ideas. I get it. She’s a Democrat, a progressive (in most eyes), and conservatives don’t like that. However, you cannot say she does not have any accomplishments. Here are just a few:

These are not all of her accomplishments. Her activism on behalf of women and children across the world is renowned. Her activism for raising the minimum wage and combating climate change is stellar. You do not have to support what she does or stands for. But do not say she doesn’t have any accomplishments. The conservatives who say this are the ones who are pushing for Ted Cruz – who brought on a $24 billion shut down. That, to them, is an accomplishment?

Here’s A List Of Hillary Clinton’s Accomplishments, So Quit Saying She Doesn’t Have Any

You have to look at the alternatives. Right now it looks like Clinton or Trump so far. I certainly couldn't vote to put a clown like Trump in the white house. Putting aside political ideology, Clinton certain has the experience and knowledge. Her Rolodex probably has the names and private number of half the major heads of state and all the power brokers in congress. She certainly should be able to accomplish more than Obama. That can be good or bad depending on what side of the fence you're on.

Clinton is the worst possible choice. While both bad either Bernie or Trump would be better. Webb would be a much better choice for the dems on the GOP side Rubio wouldn't be so bad.
Clinton has a lot of baggage. She's been in politics for nearly 50 years. She's a lawyer, a congressional council, first lady for 8 years, a US Senator, and a Secretary of State. I can't think of anyone better qualified. She has certainly made some mistakes. However, the only people who haven't screwed up are those that have done nothing and there seems to a number of those in race.
You don’t have to like Hillary Clinton or her ideas. I get it. She’s a Democrat, a progressive (in most eyes), and conservatives don’t like that. However, you cannot say she does not have any accomplishments. Here are just a few:

These are not all of her accomplishments. Her activism on behalf of women and children across the world is renowned. Her activism for raising the minimum wage and combating climate change is stellar. You do not have to support what she does or stands for. But do not say she doesn’t have any accomplishments. The conservatives who say this are the ones who are pushing for Ted Cruz – who brought on a $24 billion shut down. That, to them, is an accomplishment?

Here’s A List Of Hillary Clinton’s Accomplishments, So Quit Saying She Doesn’t Have Any
Not a single achievement. "Took a leading role", "Major proponent of" These arent achievements. These are resume padders. Like "most travelled." Travelling is an acitivty, not an accomplishment.

Not a single achievement. "Took a leading role", "Major proponent of" These arent achievements. These are resume padders. Like "most travelled." Travelling is an acitivty, not an accomplishment.

Bull Pucky, if Gerald Ford got a #21 in all time presidential rankings for this:

• Presided over the worst economy in the four decades since the Great Depression, with growing inflation and a recession during his tenure. His Whip Inflation Now (WIN) crusade urging the public to rein in spending and consumption failed badly
  • Controversially granted a presidential pardon to President Richard Nixon for his role in the Watergate scandal
  • Signed the Education for All Handicapped Children Act of 1975, which established special education throughout the United States

Foreign policy accomplishments of President Ford:
  • Signed the Helsinki Accords, marking a move toward détente in the Cold War
  • Officially ended US involvement in the Vietnam War after North Vietnam conquered South Vietnam

This would put Hillary Clinton above him without an argument.

Republicans don't see those as accomplishments. I pointed out in post #57 that Obama was blackmailed into extending the Bush Tax Cuts and Republicans don't understand how that works.

Do you REALLY want the Clintons in the White House again? | Page 6 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

When I said the GOP would fuck over the middle class for almost no reason, not a single Republicans argues. They don't see the problem.

Slick willy is nothing more than a child molester, and his loopy bitch of a wife is little more than a collaborator....

Try comparing Clinton to the two top Republican hopefuls.
  • Trump - a real estate developer that's bankrupted 4 businesses, screwing both creditors and investors, a young man with an education in real estate that dodged the draft multi-times that now seeks to be become the commander and chief of our military, a man that hasn't been any closer to elected office or any public service than lobbying and bribing legislatures, and a man that has made personal enemies of most of the people in congress that he would be dependent on to pass any legislation.
  • Carson - a neurosurgeon with no applicable education and no background in government or public service and no proven leadership ability who is most known for surgical separation of conjoined twins, a doctor with absolutely no proven leadership ability, and when asked about his leadership skills and organization skills, he described organizing the OR and leading a surgical team.

• Trump - a real estate developer that's bankrupted 4 businesses, screwing both creditors and investors, a young man with an education in real estate that dodged the draft multi-times that now seeks to be become the commander and chief of our military, a man that hasn't been any closer to elected office or any public service than lobbying and bribing legislatures, and a man that has made personal enemies of most of the people in congress that he would be dependent on to pass any legislation.
  • Carson - a neurosurgeon with no applicable education and no background in government or public service and no proven leadership ability who is most known for surgical separation of conjoined twins, a doctor with absolutely no proven leadership ability, and when asked about his leadership skills and organization skills, he described organizing the OR and leading a surgical team.
Look where the candy a$$ed professional progressive politicians have gotten us to... A broken country that can't be fixed.

Embrace the suck

Republicans don't see those as accomplishments. I pointed out in post #57 that Obama was blackmailed into extending the Bush Tax Cuts and Republicans don't understand how that works.

Do you REALLY want the Clintons in the White House again? | Page 6 | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

When I said the GOP would fuck over the middle class for almost no reason, not a single Republicans argues. They don't see the problem.
When I posted what Clinton has done, it was not to show that she has accomplished anything Republican would appreciate but to show that her experience applicable to the office of president is head and shoulders over the top two Republican hopefuls.

If you are a democrat, middle class or poor hell yes we want another Clinton in the white house. The 90s were awesome! Would you want another bush in the white house?

Look where the candy a$$ed professional progressive politicians have gotten us to... A broken country that can't be fixed.

Embrace the suck
So we should elect someone that doesn't have any idea of how government functions, doesn't understand foreign policy, and no background in political science or law. If you believe that then give me a call the next you need a plumber. I know how to turn on the shower and flush toilets.

Forum List

Back