Do You Support Federal Funding For California's High-Speed Rail?

Do You Support Federal Tax Dollars Being Spent On California's High-Speed Rail?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Lots of real jobs created by Eisenhower to build the highway system. Lots created in the Depression to build the Hoover damn, the Golden Gate Bridge.

Interesting. Eisenhower created lots of real jobs, and paid the wages with other peoples money. If I could operate a business so, I'd employ everyone.

That's exactly what every CEO of every public company does. Did you really not know this?

Lots of real jobs created by Eisenhower to build the highway system. Lots created in the Depression to build the Hoover damn, the Golden Gate Bridge.

Interesting. Eisenhower created lots of real jobs, and paid the wages with other peoples money. If I could operate a business so, I'd employ everyone.

That's exactly what every CEO of every public company does. Did you really not know this?

The difference being that with a publicly traded company, the participants that provide the funds are willing participants. And the money is not limitless.

I think lots of people would enjoy that leisurely trip across the country on a high speed train. I know I would take the trip.

Not more than once.
One wouldn't need to go from NYC to LA more than once or twice, but there would be stops along the way that could be one's destination. Go 3,000 miles or 100 miles, take you pick.
Ummm...what's the point of a high-speed train if you have to stop every 100 miles?

You know they take miles to get up to speed, and miles to slow down, right?

Democratic Lawmakers just gave the green light to start building an estimated $68 Billion high-speed rail line in California. This, despite California being very deep in Debt. They have also requested partial Federal Funding for the project. Should Non-Californians be forced to give their Tax Dollars to this project? What do you think? How do you feel about that?
i dunno? How much does the State of California send to the federal gvt in taxes? How much do they get back? Are they one of those States that sends the fed gvt tax money just for it to be spent in poorer states?

:D
Paulitician? Does California send more federal tax dollars to the Federal treasury each year, than they get back in Federal spending for their State? If they do, which I am pretty certain they do...then why should their federal tax monies go to a poorer state's welfare instead of back to their own state?

No I think they should give your money to IsNtReal for a subway and bullet train instead.
murkins would cheer with joy about helping Gawds Chosen(self chosen) instead of themselves.

Hell. Send it to North Korea so they can distribute the food you morons already send them with greater ease.

Why do you keep claiming that? Essentially -- it's an incremental ban.. When you write a spec for stuff and EXCLUDE an object by design --- It's a ban.. And a spec that doesn't make much sense since Incand. bulbs are 100% efficient anytime the Central Heat is on in my home..

i say it because i can still by Incandescent bulbs....and i live in a State that loves banning things....and because i believe Congress overturned the ban....

Not to my knowledge it wasn't.. It's incremental starting with 100 watts and working down. And S.C. found a loophole that allows a factory WITHIN the state to sell them in that state. Because (I assume) it's based on interstate commerce.

Which is a great way to pick up the economy actually.. Go ban cars. Then there can factories in every state to make them locally. In fact -- just dissolve the freakin Union, build some whopping fences and watch the economy soar..
:clap2:
the guy at the lighting store here says you just cant get 100 watters,but the 75 watters throw off just about the same amount of light.....i have to agree with him......i dont see much different.....

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/dec/16/congress-overturns-incandescent-light-bulb-ban/

Last edited:
Why do you keep claiming that? Essentially -- it's an incremental ban.. When you write a spec for stuff and EXCLUDE an object by design --- It's a ban.. And a spec that doesn't make much sense since Incand. bulbs are 100% efficient anytime the Central Heat is on in my home..

i say it because i can still by Incandescent bulbs....and i live in a State that loves banning things....and because i believe Congress overturned the ban....

They were not banned, but Congress overturned the ban?

yes......

Congress overturns incandescent light bulb ban - Washington Times

California is building these boondoggles because of the lure of federal money. If there wasn't the promise of federal money, California wouldn't do something this stupid.

No I think they should give your money to IsNtReal for a subway and bullet train instead.
murkins would cheer with joy about helping Gawds Chosen(self chosen) instead of themselves.

Hell. Send it to North Korea so they can distribute the food you morons already send them with greater ease.

hey Gordo.....do you have a General or a Presidante in charge down there?.....and at least if this Country wanted too we can actually build a high speed train here.....Costa Rica?......not likely.....

I see a lot of people talking about what to do with the train once it's built, and very few people talking about the actual building of it. The construction of it would great thousands and thousands of jobs. And not just for Californians. People would come from neighboring states to get in on the construction.

It would be a huge boom for the state, and the Federal Govt should absolutely help that happen.

they were not banned.....

By your logic, when the EPA increases car efficiency requirements, that's a ban on less efficient cars.

No because the CAFE standards ALLOW a mix of vehicles. Only an average has to be met. The bulb ban sets an actual min efficiency for each type thus making ALL designs that don't make that cut unmarketable.

They were not banned, but Congress overturned the ban?

yes......

Congress overturns incandescent light bulb ban - Washington Times

Not really...

The spending bill doesn’t actually amend the 2007 law, but does prohibit the administration from spending any money to carry out the light bulb standards — which amounts to at least a temporary reprieve.

The law is still in operation.. They just can't prosecute it..

I see a lot of people talking about what to do with the train once it's built, and very few people talking about the actual building of it. The construction of it would great thousands and thousands of jobs. And not just for Californians. People would come from neighboring states to get in on the construction.

It would be a huge boom for the state, and the Federal Govt should absolutely help that happen.
I don't know if it is a good thing or a bad thing for Californians, cuz I don't live there and don't know all of the ins and outs of it....

but if it is worth putting in, and California wants to do it, I don't think Californians would be "stealing" money from the rest of us, if they get federal funds to help them on it, because year after year after year after year after year....California has sent more money to the fed/ irs/ treasury, than what its state is given back....so for decades, Californians have supported the welfare state, of other States.

The conz dont want things to go forward, like trains...the conz want to turn the clock back, they are stupid and dont need to be part of the future, they can all go to some southern state and go yup yup yup all day long while us adults take care of things

The conz dont want things to go forward, like trains...the conz want to turn the clock back, they are stupid and dont need to be part of the future, they can all go to some southern state and go yup yup yup all day long while us adults take care of things

Not turning the clock back dweeb. Adhering to the Constitution.

Get it straight.

you babbling fool, do you have any idea about the Constitution, go read it sometime moron

Forum List

Back