Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

Do You Support The "Gun Show Loophole?"

• Total voters
It's not the fucking wild west! :lol:

Really? Tell that to the 4 dead!

You have way more chance of getting hit by a car than getting shot in some random act like that.

No, I sure don't. Because I protect myself from getting hit by a car by using crosswalks and paying attention.

So what are you doing about that? Nothing? Just worried about guns? Like I said, potential mental instability. Get it checked, you carry a gun. Or maybe one day, YOU'll snap from the paranoia and be the next Villa Park dude.

Are you planning a shooting rampage? Is that your game, you want to make sure your victims can't shoot back?

I myself was standing on a street corner waiting for the light to change and an accident happened and one of the cars came up onto the sidewalk, hit me and broke both my legs (I know, you're all ecstatic, too bad it was a long time ago and I'm fine :D). And I've been in other cars accidents, one when my mother was injured, one a friend of mine was ejected from her car and broke her back. ...
Just to say that you have WAY more to fear from cars than guns and you do nothing about it. Makes me wonder if you're not paranoid and/or mentally unstable.
I've never felt threatened by someone with a gun. Ever.

A few more million victims? Wtf are you talking about? Like ABS asked: if you guys are so badass with your concealed weapons, how come I NEVER hear about one of you guys stopping a gun assault in the street?

An Austin arcade manager was closing his arcade late one evening when a man tried to force his way into the business. Seeing he was losing the struggle to keep the door closed against the intruder, and realizing the intruder was armed with a knife, the manager drew a pistol and fi red once on his assailant, killing him. Charges have not been filed against the arcade manager, who is co-operating with the police investigation

Source: Your News Now, Austin, TX
++++++++++++++++++

A young Calera girl was home alone one day when she heard someone ring the doorbell. Afraid to answer the door, she then heard the man go around to the back door and proceed to kick it in. Frightened, she called her mother at work, who told her to retrieve the family pistol and hide. Later, the intruder approached the upstairs closet where the youngster, who was both armed and frightened, was hiding. Seeing the doorknob turning and fearing for her life, the child fired one shot from the pistol, which both hit the home invader and put him to flight. Police, who had been alerted to the situation by the mother and responded quickly to the scene, arrived in time to apprehend the wounded man down the street from the scene. He faces felony charges after his release from hospital.

Source: KXII TV, Sherman, TX

++++++++++++++++++

A man with a shotgun approached another man in a Walgreens parking lot. Putting the shotgun to the head of the victim, he demanded money. Undaunted, the would-be victim quickly drew his legally-carried pistol and fired one shot, ending the robbery attempt and putting the robber to flight. Responding police cordoned off the area and searched it with the help of a K-9 unit, and found the robber with a non-life threatening wound to the hip. He faces multiple felony charges. The citizen-defender will not be charged.

Source: KBMT TV, Beaumont, TX

++++++++++++++++++

They had guns, but not much courage. Two armed men saw an Akron man park his car late one night and thought they had found an easy target. Putting on masks and approaching their mark, one armed bandit opened the passenger door and pointed his gun at the citizen, only to be surprised to see that the citizen was prepared to defend himself with his own legally-carried pistol. That was enough to send both would-be bad guys fleeing without a shot being fired by either side.

Source: OHIO.COM, a subsidiary of the Akron, OH Beacon Journal,

++++++++++++++++++

Hearing a suspicious noise upstairs late one night, a 19-year-old Columbus man took a pistol with him when he went to investigate. Once upstairs in his sister’s room, and seeing an unknown man who had managed to enter the home through an open second-story window, he fired one shot at the intruder. The wounded man fell through the window to the ground below, and was pronounced dead at the scene by responding emergency personnel. Local authorities are reviewing the case, which may be reviewed by a grand jury.

Source: The Columbus Dispatch, Columbus, OH,

++++++++++++++++++

A 70-year-old Charleston woman grabbed her handgun to investigate when her home alarm went off just before 2 a.m. one morning. Approaching her back door, she startled a man who had broken into her home, who then punched her in the face. Recovering quickly, she fired a single .38 Special round at him, which put him to flight. Responding police failed to find the intruder, but they credited the homeowner’s fast action with her revolver with saving her from what could easily have been a worse fate.

Source: Charleston, WV Daily Mail,

++++++++++++++++++

A 67-year-old Santa Fe man heard a loud crash in front of his house one night and went out to investigate whether his vehicle had been struck. It had, and the driver of the other vehicle was still on the scene. The resident approached the driver and told him he was calling police, whereupon the driver left his vehicle, approached the older man and slashed his face with a knife. Fortunately, the homeowner was armed, and drew a pistol from his pocket and fired one shot at his assailant, striking him in the abdomen. Though they are still investigating the incident, police say the knife-wielding attacker will face charges on his recovery from his serious injuries, and that the shooter apparently acted in self-defense.

Source: The Santa Fe New Mexican,

++++++++++++++++++

A San Antonio mom had just dropped off her child for school when her husband showed up and started an argument. The argument turned violent and the husband began stabbing the wife repeatedly about the shoulders and neck. Among the many bystanders observing the incident was a Texas CPL holder, who fortunately for the wife, was armed. Quickly sizing up the situation, he drew his Kel-Tec P3AT, confronted the attacker, and ordered him to drop his weapon. The attacker continued his assault on his wife until the armed citizen drew the attacker’s attention at the pistol pointed at his head, whereupon the assailant dropped the knife and requested that 911 be called. He was taken into custody by the by-stander and a school district staffer. The wife is hospitalized with serious injuries, and her husband is jailed on aggravated assault charges. The armed by-stander was not charged in the incident.

++++++++++++++++++

A Jacksonville, Florida CCW holder was shopping in a Dollar Store when two men entered. Pulling weapons, they quickly took control of the store clerk and the cash register. Seeing the robbery going down, the armed citizen drew his pistol and fired on the robbers, killing one and putting the other to flight. The citizen, who has a history of competitive shooting, will not face charges.

++++++++++++++++++

A 71-year-old Ocala CCW-holder was in an internet café when he saw two masked men, one armed with a pistol and the other with a baseball bat, trying to rob the place. Fearing for his own life and that of the other patrons, he drew his legally-carried .380 pistol and fired on the robbers, wounding both men and putting them to flight. Police apprehended both would-be robbers a short time later. County authorities have announced that the CCW-holder acted lawfully and will not face charges

++++++++++++++++++

Seeing a man and woman struggling over a purse, a 61-year-old Athens man paused to look closer. When the man punched the woman in the face, the senior citizen took up his legally-owned pistol and confronted the man, ordering him to stop his assault. The mugger fled on foot, only to be apprehended by police after a five-hour manhunt. Only later when talking with police did the rescuer learn that the mugger was armed with a pistol that he had previously stolen from his victim’s SUV. A career criminal with a record dating to 1972, the mugger had been released from prison in early June. He now faces several felony charges stemming from the incident.

++++++++++++++++++

A young man armed with a knife accosted a coin store owner in his store and demanded money. The owner drew his legally-owned-and-carried pistol and put one shot in the robber’s chest. He died soon thereafter at a local hospital. Neighbors were sympathetic for the store owner, and it appears charges will not be placed against him for defending himself against an armed robber.

Do you want more? I can post them.

I never said that you shouldn't have a gun in your house for protection. We're talking about walking around with a concealed weapon. Please try to keep up.

Quick question.............................................

Why wasn't there a good man with a gun to take down the bad man with a gun?

Because it is the Peoples Republic of California; the law abiding are prohibited from carrying guns.

California is a "victims rights" state; you have the right to be a victim, it's your only right.

I myself was standing on a street corner waiting for the light to change and an accident happened and one of the cars came up onto the sidewalk, hit me and broke both my legs (I know, you're all ecstatic, too bad it was a long time ago and I'm fine :D). And I've been in other cars accidents, one when my mother was injured, one a friend of mine was ejected from her car and broke her back. ...
Just to say that you have WAY more to fear from cars than guns and you do nothing about it. Makes me wonder if you're not paranoid and/or mentally unstable.

I'm glad you're okay.

But why aren't you demanding that cars be outlawed, instead of guns? You already know that cars kill and injure FAR more than guns do, so why not demand that cars be outlawed?

I'm glad you're okay.

But why aren't you demanding that cars be outlawed, instead of guns? You already know that cars kill and injure FAR more than guns do, so why not demand that cars be outlawed?

I never said guns should be outlawed. And you're right, I'm WAY more afraid of cars then guns. I can't really do anything about either one. But in your case, if you carry a gun, shouldn't you also carry an airbag? :D

I never said that you shouldn't have a gun in your house for protection. We're talking about walking around with a concealed weapon. Please try to keep up.

I take it you didn't read all the posted stories did you?

You really shouldn't be so lazy.

Sure, carrying a gun saved two people. That doesn't justify 3 million concealed carry permits, or whatever the number is. That's TOTAL paranoia.

If you're going out late at night to buy some crack, it's probably a good idea to be packing. Otherwise, you're just paranoid.

So you're saying the 2.5 million people per year that use firearms to protect themselves, which are a very small percentage of people who carry, are just paranoid? So I guess you would prefer to have a few more million victims, right?

A few more million victims? Wtf are you talking about? Like ABS asked: if you guys are so badass with your concealed weapons, how come I NEVER hear about one of you guys stopping a gun assault in the street?

Here's one example there are thousands more on the net, of course you already know that.

Nevada CCW Holder Stops Mass Shooting | Concealed Carry | News

If you're going out late at night to buy some crack, it's probably a good idea to be packing. Otherwise, you're just paranoid.

So you're saying the 2.5 million people per year that use firearms to protect themselves, which are a very small percentage of people who carry, are just paranoid? So I guess you would prefer to have a few more million victims, right?

You choose not to.

Here's one example there are thousands more on the net, of course you already know that.

Gangs shooting each other don't count. Please try again.

Sure, carrying a gun saved two people. That doesn't justify 3 million concealed carry permits, or whatever the number is. That's TOTAL paranoia.

And if you were one of those people saved??

BTW, I only posted stories from one month, and not even all of those. Didn't want to take up all the space.

IIRC, it has been estimated that a personally owned weapon is used to prevent a crime or save a life at leat 10k times a year.

That is a lot of lives. And a lot of criminals taken off the streets.

BTW, I only posted stories from one month, and not even all of those. Didn't want to take up all the space.

IIRC, it has been estimated that a personally owned weapon is used to prevent a crime or save a life at leat 10k times a year.

I'll repeat again: I'm all for having a weapon at home to protect your own. No problem.

Carrying one around is a bit paranoid. I mean, if your job is to carry a suitcase with diamonds in it...

Gangs shooting each other don't count. Please try again.

From the link you evidently didn't bother to read.

Reports indicated that the shooter entered the bar and began firing at patrons reportedly due to an ongoing family dispute.

You really are an ignorant lazy person aren't you.

I'll repeat again: I'm all for having a weapon at home to protect your own. No problem.

Carrying one around is a bit paranoid. I mean, if your job is to carry a suitcase with diamonds in it...

And when you are attacked at a Red Light, at 2 pm, on your way to work? Your window busted out and someone tries to drag you through that window?

Do you want to have a gun with you to protect yourself?

It's only because of my size that they didn't get me through that window. It was one of the few times I didn't have my gun with me. As a man I know would say, I was a bad caveman that day. I got caught without my club.

As far as the police go... They took it as a joke. I had to remind them that it could have easily been my wife, who is half my size and a foot shorter instead of me.

They still haven't gotten him, not that they looked very hard. Next time, they will have no problem finding him. His body will be on the road waiting for the Coroner.

And there you go...

The only "reason" to take anyone's gun, is if they are a criminal or insane.

Which is why Government will never be coming to your home and taking your guns.

Even if they're registered, like those of a permit-holder's would be...
This is how they will start confiscating guns.
He's under investigation for this or that but they'll do it slowly a first
Feds seized nearly 1,500 guns in raid

I read the article. Sounds like a fair cop to me. Sure looks like an illegal gun runner to me. Canadian authorities already got him up there. If it's a misunderstanding, he'll get 'em back. If it's not a misunderstanding there's 1,500 guns that won't be in the hands of criminals.

Thumbs up from me.

I suspect bent cops will sell plenty out the back door for quick cash.

Forum List

Back