Do you think some government bureaucrat on the Gov dole monitors this forum

One of obama's tactics was to get his supporters to infiltrate social media to argue on his behalf. I've run into quite a few. I assumed that the pro obamas here were just those sorts of workers.

Hard to argue that ther far right isn't over-represented on these boards. The precentage of far-righters on here far exceeds their ratio in the real world.

However, I would assume that political discussion boards probably do tend to attract the extremists. I've encountered very few moderates on these boards (a few notable exceptions) and yet we've seen time and time again that the silent majority in America are moderates.

Last edited:
You scared?

You're right. It's ridiculous.

A government bureaucrat wasting time on this kind of silly stuff.

Private folks can handle it for the White House: AttackWatch.com.

logo-tt-landing.png

I would say it is not only plausibly possible, but probable that more than one agency does,
Not USMB specifically, but several forums.
For both security and political reasons.
Take the sequester topic. Look at the reaction of this board over the past few weeks.
A few weeks ago a fair number of people believed it was going to mean the end of the world. If I was a savvy political operative, seeing forums and blogs filled with fear on the topic - I would use the fear for my advantage - and they did.

One of obama's tactics was to get his supporters to infiltrate social media to argue on his behalf. I've run into quite a few. I assumed that the pro obamas here were just those sorts of workers.

I've often thought you were paid to make conservatives look stupid, a sort of stealth Obamaite! :eek:

It's a good probability.

Cass Sunstien, Obama's former regulatory czar believed in using non-governmental experts to shape discussions on msg boards.

If you notice somebody who supports the administration and is able to produce "facts" that no normal person could possibly know to refute some of the gossup here chances are they are a paid consultant working for Obama, indirectly of course.

Sometimes they lie about being a Repug but they've seen the light and are strongly in support of Obama and his politics.
who is "they"?
think the fbi or cia or nypd or Chis Matthew will show up on your doorstep?

I get paid $200 a day and $5 a post to monitor this board

Where do I sign up? Tired of educating the wingnuts for free. :cool:

thats the truth. Most Rightards here wouldn't know a link if it bit 'em in the ass :lol:

I would say it is not only plausibly possible, but probable that more than one agency does,
Take the sequester topic. Look at the reaction of this board over the past few weeks.
A few weeks ago a fair number of people believed it was going to mean the end of the world. If I was a savvy political operative, seeing forums and blogs filled with fear on the topic - I would use the fear for my advantage - and they did.

The only chink in the theory is that the politics of fear predates message boards, computers, and the automobile for that matter.

But finding the new trigger points is probably useful. (except that even thoise haven't changed that much over the years.) I believe these boards demonstrate how effective the fear mongering is. they are the cart - not the horse.

The only chink in the theory is that the politics of fear predates message boards, computers, and the automobile for that matter.

But finding the new trigger points is probably useful. (except that even thoise haven't changed that much over the years.) I believe these boards demonstrate how effective the fear mongering is. they are the cart - not the horse.

Sure...I can't imagine they would ignore the 10,000's of post and blogs a day to see the reaction on major events.
Like I say - I do not believe they look at USMB specifically, but as one of the many available sites.
I would if I was them.

Sure...I can't imagine they would ignore the 10,000's of post and blogs a day to see the reaction on major events.
Like I say - I do not believe they look at USMB specifically, but as one of the many available sites.
I would if I was them.

I wouldn't. Way too heavy on vulgar rantings, name-calling and flame outs. Weeding through all that for what? They get a lot more bang for their buck reading Op-Ed pages.

I think it's a bit ego-centric to think anyone who matters reads what we post here.

I think that was the point of the OP.

The goal is to insert doubt into rational debate. By putting into question any truth any sources outside of the mainstream may produce it makes it easy to discount opposing viewpoints with progressive talking points backed up by Factcheck.org.

It doesn't matter ether if 99% of the alternative media's news is truthful. There is enough support from the left to debunk the entire message if all of the I's aren't dotted. These folks are pros.

Lawyers don't accomplish things. They simply strive to win at all costs. Even if they have to mislead or distort the facts.

Last edited:

Yes I suspect HSA monitors a LOT of sites like these.

Given the number of NAZIs, anti-government nutters, and outright treasonous secessionists who haunt these pages, I can't say I much blame them.

Yes I suspect HSA monitors a LOT of sites like these.

Given the number of NAZIs, anti-government nutters, and outright treasonous secessionists who haunt these pages, I can't say I much blame them.

Yes, I've spotted the Turner Diaries crowd. They are some of the most active on here.

I would if I was them.

I wouldn't. Way too heavy on vulgar rantings, name-calling and flame outs. Weeding through all that for what? They get a lot more bang for their buck reading Op-Ed pages.

I think it's a bit ego-centric to think anyone who matters reads what we post here.

This is a popular site. I think it's highly probable.

One thing can be said about the organization behind Obamama. It is huge. If you ever wonder why $100 billion has gone missing from the Treasury, it small wonder. No wonder the Senate hasn't passed a budget.

I've often thought you were paid to make conservatives look stupid, a sort of stealth Obamaite! :eek:

You are a democrat so this is what I expect from you. I've never once been disappointed.

Obama's flying monkeys are everywhere. Extreme narcissists never want to hear, or hear of, a discouraging word anywhere. Take the recent tete a tete with Mr Woodward and Gene Sperling from the White House. The official who accosted former Clinton Aide Lanny Davis has not been identified yet , but we know where to turn to look for him first. Rahm Emmanuel may be gone, but he's obviously not forgotten. Neither has the Al Capone organization. Its the Chicago Way. Government of the corrupt, by the corrupt, for the corrupt.

And the WH hatchet man was ? « Hot Air

Forum List

Back