Do You Think The Fast & Furious Scandal Is Worse Than Watergate Scandal?

The gun dealers weren't in violation of the law either.

Based on the whim of our ruling lords that they cared not for the law at this time.

Since we are a regime ruled by the whim of men, not a free republic governed by the rule of codified law, the law was whatever our rulers declared it to be at that particular second.

Actually, it's because gun sales to foreign nations work under a license structure, which means the dealers aiding in the investigation could receive a license.

If you want to think of it as "two sets of laws", fine, but reasonable people will continue to think the police should be able to set up sting operations to take down complex criminal enterprises.

Subjects will think thus.

Reasonable people will expect the police, judges, lawyers and even democrats to follow the same laws that commoners are required to follow.

If you want to think of it as "two sets of laws", fine, but reasonable people will continue to think the police should be able to set up sting operations to take down complex criminal enterprises.

Reasonable people will expect the police, judges, lawyers and even democrats to follow the same laws that commoners are required to follow.

So I guess you also think if someone asks an undercover cop if they're a cop, they should be required to answer. After all, it would be illegal for the person to lie to the police officer and we wouldn't want them to abide by "different" laws.

As far as balistics go.... I concede, they need to be done.

On that part I agree with you and Sallow.

Please don't pack me in a box with Shallow. He claims there is no ballistic evidence to tie walked guns to Terry's death and I contend that either ballistic tests have not been done at the direction of the Justice Department, or that test results have been hidden from the public.

Either way..they don't exist.

That's the point I was making.

It does seem like justice sure as hell suspects they are connected after reading the dumped email, doesn't it? Where are the ballistic test results. If tests have not been done, WHY NOT?

Actually, it's because gun sales to foreign nations work under a license structure, which means the dealers aiding in the investigation could receive a license.

ROFL

The sales were to the drug cartels, not the Mexican government. There were no permits of sale, this was gun running, by the ATF - which has been a criminal operation for 30+ years. The operation was in direct violation of federal law - at least the law that covers commoners.

After all? Even police, Judges, Lawyers, Democrats...even Presidents are citizens...no more...no less than anyone else.

Agree. Well done.
icon14.gif

Sadly some think they're above it because they know how to manipulate it...therin lies the difference and why elections and education are of import.

College was pretty fun. I hate not seeing my friends from those days often now.

Let me guess. You have a degree in basket weaving from UC Berkley.

I didn't attend UC Berkeley, but you do realize it is the one of the most prestigious schools in the nation, right? My degree was in economics. Thank you for your interest.

Prestigious = Marxist?

So I guess you also think if someone asks an undercover cop if they're a cop, they should be required to answer.

If someone asks me if I'm an IT Director, am I required to answer?

See how that works? Same law covering both situations? The idea that the law applies to all?

After all, it would be illegal for the person to lie to the police officer and we wouldn't want them to abide by "different" laws.

There is no law against lying to a police officer. Feds have such a law, and it is outrageous.

I think it's a very interesting question. Most were very willing to crucify the President over Watergate. So what about 'Fast & Furious?' What do you think?

I see no scandal; I see yet another branch of the legislature more concerned with showboating than their JOBS. I note it has been Republican branches intent on finding 'contempt' & 'impeachment' despite reality, and the serious problems facing the nation. Useless critters are they.

Based on the whim of our ruling lords that they cared not for the law at this time.

Since we are a regime ruled by the whim of men, not a free republic governed by the rule of codified law, the law was whatever our rulers declared it to be at that particular second.

Show me these licenses.

Brian Terry's Family wants answers and accountability. And i do believe we are still a nation of Laws and justice. I truly do believe Brian Terry and his Family will receive justice. I have to believe that.

How so?

Licensing. Sales to foreign nationals are legal if you have an export license.

That requires licensing way beyond what a mom and pop gun shop could get. I'm fairly familiar with Federal Firearms law. My uncle was a dealer and did have an export permit and automatic weapons stamp years ago. I grew up around thousands of guns.

Brian Terry's Family wants answers and accountability. And i do believe we are still a nation of Laws and justice. I truly do believe Brian Terry and his Family will receive justice. I have to believe that.

Great. The problem that you have is that you have PRE-JUDGED the guilt of the accused.

You are not interested in justice for Brian Terry's family or anyone else. All you demand is a change in leadership. Your concern is not for law.

You are using the family. Own it.

Are there any good & decent Democrats left? How can they defend or stay silent on this travesty? What a mess.

I think it's a very interesting question. Most were very willing to crucify the President over Watergate. So what about 'Fast & Furious?' What do you think?

I see no scandal; I see yet another branch of the legislature more concerned with showboating than their JOBS. I note it has been Republican branches intent on finding 'contempt' & 'impeachment' despite reality, and the serious problems facing the nation. Useless critters are they.

And Watergate would have been no big thang if Nixon had had a D after his name...... HACK!!

Forum List

Back