Do you think the UN rep should be elected by national popular vote?

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
Do you think the UN reps in the general assembly and the United states UN sectary be elected by national popular vote?

I think so as these post represent this country to the world and have voting power on the security council but also when it comes to where our money goes to broader world wide issues like refugees, wars and famine.

Maybe if we the people had some say in it we'd warm to it and be more accepting.

Last edited:
Do you think the UN reps in the general assembly and the United states UN sectary be elected by national popular vote?

I think so as these post represent this country to the world and have voting power on the security council but also when it comes to where our money goes to on broader world wide issues like refugees, wars and famine.

Maybe if we the people had some say in it we'd warm to it and be more accepting.
No...

I think so as these post represent this country to the world and have voting power on the security council but also when it comes to where our money goes to on broader world wide issues like refugees, wars and famine.

Well, first off there is no such thing as the "United states UN sectary" (sic).

Want to try again? Maybe you should ask your middle school social studies teacher for help.

One it's not the US UN secretary, it's US UN Ambassador, part of the executive branch. Two, no, they should be appointed by the president as part of his constitutional foreign policy roll.

She is on my FB looks like her stupid poodle is enjoying the snow for the first time.

One it's not the US UN secretary, it's US UN Ambassador, part of the executive branch. Two, no, they should be appointed by the president as part of his constitutional foreign policy roll.

ok,,,,

She is on my FB looks like her stupid poodle is enjoying the snow for the first time.

16711945_10154378606433226_7844361566459501084_n.jpg

I think so as these post represent this country to the world and have voting power on the security council but also when it comes to where our money goes to broader world wide issues like refugees, wars and famine.

To call this idea stupid would be generous.

Left to the masses, Kim Kardashington would be their choice. No thanks.

Do you think the UN reps in the general assembly and the United states UN sectary be elected by national popular vote?...
No.

The United States Ambassador to the United Nations is a Presidential appointee.

Just like any other US Ambassador.

We hire a President to spearhead our foreign relations.

A President is responsible for on-boarding people to help him to do that.

Ambassadors are merely mouthpieces and message-relayers and situational evaluators and remediators and band-aid applicators.

No need in micromanaging a President with regard to the Hired Help.

Besides... at present... LibTards have had their asses kicked, soundly, in recent months... fix that first, worry about the small shit later.

Last edited:

Apparently the Republicans must have won an election.

WTF? Do liberals just sit around all day crying and dreaming up ways to circumvent the constitution?

Forum List

Back