Do you think we are headed for a new "Religious World War"?

WW3 started years ago. Islam vs non Islam.
Only the ignorant deny this war is underway.

Only the ignorant don't realize that the US allies in both Iraq and Afghanistan are Muslim.

don't quit your day job------stand-up comedy is not for you

So you deny that we are allied with Muslims in Iraq (vs. ISIS) and in Afghanistan. I'm not surprised, given your countless exhibitions of stupidity.

you want to call it an ALLIANCE? I never considered the US to be IN ALLIANCE with the TALIBAN----because I am not stupid

Uh, dumb old bag, the Taliban are the anti-government forces. We are allied with the Afghan government. The Muslims who govern Afghanistan.

We are allied with the Muslim government of Iraq against ISIS. This is not a religious war.
So now you're arguing Bush converted two anti American terrorist regimes into allies.

You sure converted to a Bush fan quickly.

Maybe I am being way too negative BUT:

• I see another Crusade coming
  • I see Europe becoming majority Muslim within 75 years
  • I she Sharia Law dominating in democratic countries
  • I see Sharia Law challenging the US Constitution if Progressives keep weakening it
  • And I see "World War" coming

We are in one......the left/democrats don't want to acknowledge it....

• I see Sharia Law challenging the US Constitution if Progressives keep weakening it

No. I see an uprising in these United States against the government (or lack of).

When? Seems like nuts have been guaranting that any minute now for a long time.

I think you are being overly paranoid.

The Islamic reaction is nothing more than a hollow cry against American support of Israel since 1948.

The Islamic terrorism has been nothing more than pin pricks around the world.

Although violent and sensational, these pin pricks have been insignificant although they do indeed make great news copy.

There are a couple of other major threats to peace in the world but they have nothing to do with Islam.

Putin in East Ukraine is a major threat to peace. If he stops there then fine. But that is what was said about Adolf too.

Xi in the South China Sea building artificial islands for his fighter jets and bombers is a problem. Whether he plans to use this in a major offensive to re-conquer Taiwan could then blow up into a major Pacific war. As a new Chinese president there is no precedent for this new guy and what he wants to do or how he wants to do it.

But the Islamists are meaningless in their pin pricks of terrorism.

For the Islamist threat I would suggest avoiding gun free zones since that is where they tend to strike.

Do a risk analysis of your job site and see if there is an Islamist risk or vulnerability. If there is then try to avoid activities such as company dinners or picnics and always sit by a door you so can escape quickly if you hear shooting. Keep a gun in your car locked up in the trunk.

Avoid going to nightclubs at night anywhere in the world. That is where these Islamists mostly like to strike.

Until this jihad has run its course and all the suicide bombers and shooters have blown themselves up, it cannot be business as usual and fun as usual anymore for the rest of us.

Be diligent, be aware, and be safe.

"No precedent" for Xi? He's just the same as the other old CCP boys who preceded him.

And those fake islands aren't so much for bases as for disingenuously expanding the point from which they can claim their 12 nautical miles of 'sovereignty' around them.

"Another Crusade" makes no sense.

"In all history there is no war which was not hatched by the governments, the governments alone, independent of the interests of the people"
~Leo Tolstoy

War is fought over territory, resources, trade interests and political power. Religion, nationalism, garden variety human fears, etc., may be exploited as tools of propaganda. If the US gets into another war it will probably be sold by appealing to secular human values

"In all history there is no war which was not hatched by the governments, the governments alone, independent of the interests of the people"
~Leo Tolstoy

War is fought over territory, resources, trade interests and political power. Religion, nationalism, garden variety human fears, etc., may be exploited as tools of propaganda. If the US gets into another war it will probably be sold by appealing to secular human values
Capitulation is the response.

Two of the recent major political battles have been Gay Marriage, and Abortion. The right bases their belief on both of those issues strictly on a religious basis. No, we will never be a theocracy. Yes the right is fighting hard to base our laws on their religious beliefs.

one does not have to be religious to dislike abortion. One does not have to be religious to dislike the idea of GAY MARRIAGE. There are issues of ethics and aesthetics---even outside of religion

Yet the legal cases concerning both have been virtually all based on what is seen as religious beliefs.

ok----poetic license------as in GOD IS ON OUR SIDE

No.That's the legal argument they are making.

so??
Back to my original statement "the right is fighting hard to base our laws on their religious beliefs."

Only the ignorant don't realize that the US allies in both Iraq and Afghanistan are Muslim.

So you deny that we are allied with Muslims in Iraq (vs. ISIS) and in Afghanistan. I'm not surprised, given your countless exhibitions of stupidity.

you want to call it an ALLIANCE? I never considered the US to be IN ALLIANCE with the TALIBAN----because I am not stupid

Uh, dumb old bag, the Taliban are the anti-government forces. We are allied with the Afghan government. The Muslims who govern Afghanistan.

We are allied with the Muslim government of Iraq against ISIS. This is not a religious war.
So now you're arguing Bush converted two anti American terrorist regimes into allies.

You're quick to abandon the notion we're in a religious war. Why aren't you arguing with the morons who are saying otherwise.

And Leo was wrong.
American Revolution

Well a revolution is a different brand of 'war' but maybe you're right that the Independence movement wasn't backed by a formal government.

But if Clinton is president and she wants to go a warring she's going to market it on an appeal to security and liberal sensibilities. She's not going to use religious Crusade language.

Trump isn't a religious fanatic either and he would probably sell a war on the basis of security and business interests or whatever.

We are already in such a war.

One quasi-religious totalitarian ideology has declared such a war and is fighting it on any number of fronts.

As such, we are in it whether we like it or not.

You're right. The so called religious right is trying to turn us into a theocracy.

there is more to the USA than a bunch of turnip head bible belt-------hallelujah belters

Really? Theocracy? Name one law or bill that has been presented in Washington in the past 10 years that is pushing for ANY Religion.

On the contrary. Religious Freedom is guaranteed in the Constitution yet, people are constantly being forced to do things against their "Religious Beliefs"

The Republicans' proposed constitutional amendments to outlaw abortion and define marriage as one man one woman.

The religion thing is just a distraction.

I see a progressive move (well they're making it now) and millions will die, as they always do when progressives get in power, and then there will be a war.

It's a shame that there wasn't a war BEFORE they got into power, but people will allow themselves to be bribed with free stuff. So they won't fight for humanity until they actually feel the pinch themselves. Then they will boo hoo that people aren't protecting them from the people they put into power.

The war has already begun.

You're quick to abandon the notion we're in a religious war. Why aren't you arguing with the morons who are saying otherwise.
I denied Muslims are our allies. You're the one proclaiming Bush converted Iraq and Afghanistan into American friendly places.

The war has already begun.

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!

I have a friend who is all depressed over the last couple of days because he truly believed that Clinton would get in trouble. I've been telling him the lay of the land for 4 years, and he didn't believe it, until day before yesterday, and now he's all butt hurt.

I'm like get over it, this has been going on for a really long time, you've just ignored it.

And Leo was wrong.
American Revolution

Well a revolution is a different brand of 'war' but maybe you're right that the Independence movement wasn't backed by a formal government.

But if Clinton is president and she wants to go a warring she's going to market it on an appeal to security and liberal sensibilities. She's not going to use religious Crusade language.

Trump isn't a religious fanatic either and he would probably sell a war on the basis of security and business interests or whatever.
Hillary will do just as she did in Libya and Syria - attack and say mission accomplished despite making the situations a hundred times worse.

I have a friend who is all depressed over the last couple of days because he truly believed that Clinton would get in trouble. I've been telling him the lay of the land for 4 years, and he didn't believe it, until day before yesterday, and now he's all butt hurt.

I'm like get over it, this has been going on for a really long time, you've just ignored it.
image.jpeg

Forum List

Back