Do You Understand The Concept Of Tithing?

Nothing. Jesus and His view on tithing has nothing to do with a fraud case involving a preacher, or a wall street exec, or a politician....

Gary, I don't know what to tell you other than your whole post proves exactly what I have been saying and saying and saying. No need for interpretation unless you don't read (King James) English. But if you look at the last 2 lines of your post, what I said is interpreted to mean, "they should have been doing both". There you have it. :)

Keener and Clark verify what Jesus said about tithing and the attitude that should precede it. Jesus didn't say, "woe to you, for you tithe.........", He said, "woe to you for tithing without justice and the love of God". They were already following the O.T. law. N.T. Jesus' complaint addressed their attitude, not the action.

I hope Keener and Clark and I gotten through.........

Gary, I don't know what to tell you other than your whole post proves exactly what I have been saying and saying and saying. No need for interpretation unless you don't read (King James) English. But if you look at the last 2 lines of your post, what I said is interpreted to mean, "they should have been doing both". There you have it. :)

And I have agreed with that all along. They should have been doing both. YES. THEY WERE UNDER THE LAW. Of course they should have been doing both. Has absolutely NOTHING to do with born-again believers. Jesus could not have said they should NOT have been doing both, could He? They were supposed to do both.

And IF you think YOU are supposed to tithe, then do it PER THE SCRIPTURES. Problem is, those giving a tenth of their income to the church are NOT following the tithing scriptures. They are following what church leaders came up with in 1870.

The following comes directly from my book, which, by the way, is being used by pastors and Bible Study instructors in the US, Canada, Australia, and East Africa, that I know of.

CHURCH HISTORY OF TITHING
A study of church history will show that at some point, probably around the year 600, the
churches brought back the teaching of tithing, but only as voluntary giving, and still just
on the crops, herds, and flocks, right out of the Old Testament. Since they didn't teach it
as a "biblical tithe," they were able to change the rules to make it fit the needs of the
church. By the middle of the 13th century, the Church's claim to tithes was extended to
include the poultry of the yard and the cattle of the stall, to the catch of fish and the game
of the forests. Had tithing in the Old Testament been on everything as some have
claimed, there would have been no need to expand the definition.
My research shows that tithing was first taught and collected by churches in the United
States during the second half of the 1800s. Had tithing always been required, why was it
not until the late 1800s that the churches in the United States started collecting tithes?
And even then, the teaching of tithing was not consistent between churches. It wasn't
until recent years that churches started teaching that you tithe on your income, or gross
income.
My research shows that during the late 1800s some churches taught that men were to
tithe a larger amount than women, that no tithing was required for those under the age of
18, and once you reached the age of 65 you no longer were required to tithe. At times
tithing was based on the value of property owned. Those who didn't own property didn't
tithe. They gave freewill offerings. In one case I found the church council members voted
to change tithing to income because it would bring in 2.6 times as much money. The
problem is, all this was taught as biblical.
In many cases, if not most, today's tithing teacher is merely teaching was he/she was
taught. Many who later do their own in-depth research have repented and no longer teach
that tithing is required today.
Recommended reading:
IN PURSUIT OF THE ALMIGHT’S DOLLAR: A History of Money and American
Protestantism by James Hudnut-Beumler.
A HISTORY OF TITHES by the Rev. Henry William Clarke, B.A.
HISTORY OF THE CHRISTIAN CHURCH by Philip Schaff.

Sry, not here as often as I'd like. I wasn't ignoring you. And thank you for the reading suggestions, but you and I aren't going to agree on this one. Christ fulfilled the Law. He didn't abolish it. Many old testament writings while under the law, are as relevant today as when the writer wrote them
Proverbs is a good example.
But to prove my point, another example of Jesus doing the latter, without forsaking the former was Jesus taking the top ten "laws", the Ten Commandments, and instead of rendering them obsolete, He added to them:
Matthew 22 37-40 "you shall love the Lord with all your heart, soul, and mind..........."

The 10 Commandments still apply. There is still no other God before Him.

Last edited:
The 10 Commandments still apply.

I believe you are incorrect. I believe that only that which is carried forward into the New Testament applies to us today. It so happens that the substance of nine of the Ten Commandments were, in fact, carried forward - all but the Sabbath command.

Matthew 5:17-18 states Christ came to fulfill the law and not abolish it.

This is where some education in law is useful. What does fulfill mean? What does abolish mean?

Let me give an example. A legal contract is enforceable under the law. Let’s say you hire a contractor to build a swimming pool in your back yard. Once the contractor has completed the job, and everything in that contract has been completed, the contract has been fulfilled. The contractor’s job is to fulfill the contract, not abolish it. He fulfills it by completing the terms, bringing it to an end.

Consider:

Hebrews 8:13 (KJV) - In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Colossians 2:14 (KJV) - Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Galatians 5:18 (KJV) - But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Galatians 3:19 (KJV) - Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. In other words, until Jesus came and fulfilled the law.

Galatians 3:23-25 (KJV)
23But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.
25But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Galatians 3:10-14 (KJV)
10For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
12And the law is not of faith: but, The man that doeth them shall live in them.
13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Then it's ok with God if we have other Gods before Him now? Or steal from our neighbors?

The difference between Old and New T. is forgiveness instead of death. Faith instead of force.
How much better it is to be under grace instead of the Law.

God is the same yesterday today and tomorrow.
So are His Ten Commandments. Under the Law if I broke them I died. Under grace I broke them and Christ died.
The curse of the law was that no man could keep them, relying on his own goodness. The laws weren't cursed. The man trying to keep them was.
We aren't under that curse. We are under grace. By no means is that to be taken as do what ever you want because Christ paid the price anyway.
Do you covet? Lie? Take the Lord's name in vain? Is He more lenient now in His old age than He was?
No, the difference now is when you break the law, Christ turns to His Father and says, "Don't smite them, I already paid for that".

Then it's ok with God if we have other Gods before Him now? Or steal from our neighbors?

Of course that is not okay. Did you not read what I wrote? I said the substance of NINE OF THE TEN COMMANDMENTS WERE BROUGHT FORWARD INTO THE NEW TESTAMENT. I also said the Sabbath command was the ONLY one, out of the ten, that was not brought forward.

Last edited:
The norm of most all of the churches I used to go to was build, build, build.
The last big church I went to spent 30K a piece for 6 stained glass windows.
I now go to a church where we rent out retail store space for $2500 a month. It seats 350 and we bought used chairs for $12 a piece.
We have no building fund to erect a 5 million dollar church.
We follow Christ instead and help others instead of building mansions.
We pass no plate and we do not pick political candidates.

Of course that is not okay. Did you not read what I wrote? I said the substance of NINE OF THE TEN COMMANDMENTS WERE BROUGHT FORWARD INTO THE NEW TESTAMENT. I also said the Sabbath command was the ONLY one, out of the ten, that was not brought forward.

Shit, someone should have told Paul that.

What Jesus did:
As was His custom,
He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up for to read” (Luke 4:16).

What Paul did:
Acts 17:2 He taught in the synagogues on the Sabbath, as was his custom......
And not just to the Jews, but to the Gentiles.
Acts 13:42, 44
“And when the Jews were gone out of the synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath… And the next Sabbath day came almost the whole city together to hear the word of God.”
and in Acts 18:4, Paul
“reasoned in the synagogue every Sabbath, and persuaded the Jews and the Greeks.”

In verse 9, the Greek word for “rest” is sabbatismos, which is a Hebrew word—Sabbat, which means “the Sabbath”—combined with a Greek suffix—ismos, which means “a keeping of” or “a doing of.”
Put together, sabbatismo means “a keeping of the Sabbath.” N.T.

Last edited:

I believe you are incorrect. I believe that only that which is carried forward into the New Testament applies to us today. It so happens that the substance of nine of the Ten Commandments were, in fact, carried forward - all but the Sabbath command.

This is where some education in law is useful. What does fulfill mean? What does abolish mean?

Let me give an example. A legal contract is enforceable under the law. Let’s say you hire a contractor to build a swimming pool in your back yard. Once the contractor has completed the job, and everything in that contract has been completed, the contract has been fulfilled. The contractor’s job is to fulfill the contract, not abolish it. He fulfills it by completing the terms, bringing it to an end.

Consider:

Hebrews 8:13 (KJV) - In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away.

Colossians 2:14 (KJV) - Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

Galatians 5:18 (KJV) - But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

Galatians 3:19 (KJV) - Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.

Until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. In other words, until Jesus came and fulfilled the law.

23But before faith came, we were kept under the law, shut up unto the faith which should afterwards be revealed.
24Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

10For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:
14That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.

Jesus gave us 2 commandments
Love the Lord thy God with all your heart
Love your neighbor as thyself

You do those two things and you can't break any of the original 10

:thup:

Tithing of tithe, is the concept of giving God 10 percent of your increase.

That is, ten percent (10%) of everything you earn, monetarily of course.

So if you make 3,000 a month, your tithe should be 300 a month.

Do you find yourself wondering why would God need your money?

Do you understand what's this all about?

What's your understanding of this?

My understanding is the what the Holy Spirit has shown me about tithing. God loves a cheerful giver. That is good enough for me. I'm not under the law.

I must tell you though that what I see taking place in the churches is very disturbing. You see, Satan has led the ministers to believe that a big church with a big bank account is evidence of Gods favor, evidence of their spirituality, their position in the evangelical community. This is NOT the measure of a successful church. This is evidence of the Laeodeican church.

What did Jesus say about the Laeodician church? Revelation Chapter 3. Jesus told them you say you are rich, have been increased with many possessions are in need of nothing! But you are miserable, blind, naked, wretched and poor......... That describes your mega churches to a "T". Doesn't it? Sure it does!!

When I see a preacher driving a bentley with a rolex on his wrist while his congregation has children without shoes, decent clothing? Single parents struggling to pay their electric bill and this man is going to say God bless you on the way out the door and not give them any assistance when he knows they are hurting? How is that possibly showing forth the love of God? Yet this is what we see with the churches today and no where more pronounced than the evangelical churches. I mean seriously folks. Jesus had no place to lay his head and these guys are living the high life and teaching others its about naming and claiming it, blabbing and grabbing, coveting everything they see a church member owns and you expect people to see Jesus in that? lol.. Come on now! Doesn't James warn against heaping up silver in the end days? Yes he did. I believe its the 5th chapter. The Just shall live by Faith. What do you suppose that means? Let me just cut to the chase here.......

These guys are the modern day money changers. Books sold from the pulpit, tapes too, merchandising the gospel, using the scriptures on tithes and offerings to excess because they are greedy for filthy lucre. Manipulating, coercing, intimidating, flattering, throwing in a "thus sayeth the Lord" whoever gives a 1000 dollars tonight...... Luddley is right. What is going on in many churches these days is indeed "a racket".. I like that one, Luddley! Racket! I think the LORD is definitely thinking the same thing!! ha! ha! ha! Is God fun or what? I love him! Okay so lets get down to what a successful church really is...........

A successful church could be 10 members on fire for God who reach out to their communities, shut ins, doing intercessory prayer meetings and living holy. The church I attend right now has about 15 people. All 15 totally sold out to God.

I've never heard my preacher give a sermon on money. EVER. In fact, Jesus never did have anything good to say about money did he? It was all warnings and to tell you the truth the people I see in the greatest danger these days are the ministers who are pushing the money gospel. I don't believe they realise they can lose their salvation over it. But they can. To whom much is given much is required was fair enough warning for you guys.

There was a preacher whom Reinhard Bonke raised from the dead back a few years ago who actually died after hitting a tree with his car, saw hell, came back to life and tells the story of seeing preachers in hell who were robbing the church treasury. You didn't think Judas was the last one to do that and end up in hell, did you?

Why do we bring tithes and offerings into the storehouse. So there will be meat in the storehouse. So where is the meat for the storehouse going? Some are building multi million dollar buildings rather than using it for what it was meant for. Do you realise that the Christians in America spend more money on dog food than on missions? It's true.

The last non denominational church * (before the Lord led me to the church where I am now..) I was at I had to confront the preacher about his vision for the church. Like you he asssumed a successful church was a huge one paid for, a large bank account and membership busting at the seams. That is a lukewarm church in disaster mode. Its the Laeodicean church Jesus warns about at the end of the age and its rampant, friend! Are you with me? Hope so because when Jesus said that road was "narrow"?? He meant it. Have a nice evening, Pastor. - Jeremiah

Last edited:
I believe there is a great revival coming and with it great persecution. I believe these two things will happen at once and it will be a tremendous demonstration of the powers of God taking place all over the land.. Persecution and revival happening at the exact same time! Right here! In America! Yes. I also believe that the Holy Spirit will hold the reigns to that revival and that the names of well known preachers of Mega churches right now? Will be mud in that day and no one will want any part of them. That is what I see on the horizon.

Consider:

Jesus gave us 2 commandments
Love the Lord thy God with all your heart
Love your neighbor as thyself

You do those two things and you can't break any of the original 10

:thup:

I totally love your reply, it is so liberating!! Just love it! Great answer!

Tithing of tithe, is the concept of giving God 10 percent of your increase.

That is, ten percent (10%) of everything you earn, monetarily of course.

So if you make 3,000 a month, your tithe should be 300 a month.

Do you find yourself wondering why would God need your money?

Do you understand what's this all about?

What's your understanding of this?

Tithing is usually prevalent in smaller independent churches that do not have the infrastructure for more unorganized giving.

God is just fine without money, however churches are buildings with maintenance and mortgages, reverends need to eat, and that organ doesnt play itself.

Really? And what specifically did Jesus endorse as far as mortgages, houses of worship and commercial ventures?

He didn't. YOU are the church. YOU are the house of worship ( you are the temple of the Holy Ghost!!! ) The Church isn't a building. The early Church met at various homes and they worshiped daily. There was no Church Building per se. They gave all they had and they had all things in common. The people were united as one in Christ.

I believe we are going to see persecution such as we have never seen, the money changers will be long gone, the backslidden and lukewarm will be no where in sight, the people will be meeting in their homes or will meet in some underground type church meeting situation such as China has been doing for years now. I believe there are 100 million christians in the underground Chinese church meetings right now. ( the three self church is communist ) China 's church is so beautiful! Oh that the west could see the purity and holiness of the chinese church and how passionate those people are. It is so beautiful!

I guess my question is : Do you pay tithing in your church.
I do in mine, based on the gross.

We give alot more than 10% in my household but again we are led by the Holy Spirit concerning our giving. We are cheerful about it and the Lord has blessed us to do it. We support missions in Mozambique, a child in Dalit caste system in India, another family of 5 in Laos, a girl in Ghana and we are getting ready to adopt a child from an orphanage in Romania where we will support them monthly until they grow up. Then we give to our home church and we also give of our time, to work on the church building, my husband has done work on my Pastors house for free. He is on a fixed income with a disabled wife and we have 15 members in our church. Of course he is going to need our help. All of this would be considered the church however. On that note I must agree with Gary. The church isn't a building. It is the body of Christ. We need to realise that if the Holy Spirit speaks to our heart to give to someone we need to do it. Even if it is a stranger. The Holy Spirit is able to speak to us about giving. It isn't a problem. Just do what he tells you to do. I believe once the communism really gets bad here the church is going underground and we will return to the home churches just as they have in China. People will meet in one anothers homes. Many people are already opting for home churches.

The difference between Old and New T. is forgiveness instead of death. Faith instead of force.

So are His Ten Commandments. Under the Law if I broke them I died. Under grace I broke them and Christ died.
The curse of the law was that no man could keep them, relying on his own goodness. The laws weren't cursed. The man trying to keep them was.
We aren't under that curse. We are under grace. By no means is that to be taken as do what ever you want because Christ paid the price anyway.
Do you covet? Lie? Take the Lord's name in vain? Is He more lenient now in His old age than He was?
No, the difference now is when you break the law, Christ turns to His Father and says, "Don't smite them, I already paid for that".

But the consequences for the sin are there irregardless. For instance, the christian young man sleeps with his girlfriend and she becomes pregnant. Did God forgive him for fornication? Of course he did. Is he going to have a child out of wedlock he will be supporting for the next 18 years. Yes. So there's that too!

God is a capitalists and his mandate to tithe is nothing but the raising of venture capital so as to grow his cult.

Hmmmm as many people view Jesus as a socialist!

I would say the point is to redistribute the wealth of KNOWLEDGE
so that people can be equal in how we respect each other,
regardless of our economic, political or social status or conditions.

That is totally rediculous. Jews get forgiveness following the Torah.

And jews take responsiblity for their own actions. They don't rely on some outside person

The Torah and the christian bible are mutually exclusive. You can't believe in both at the same time.

Deuteronomy 4:2 NIV

Do not add to what I command you and do not subtract from it, but keep the commands of the LORD your God that I give you.

By Jesus trying to change the Torah he is challenging the one and true G-D.

Last edited:
This is why jews don't follow false gods and stick to the only one that they know.

Deuteronomy 13

King James Version (KJV)

13 If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,

2 And the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, Let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;

3 Thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: for the Lord your God proveth you, to know whether ye love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul.

4 Ye shall walk after the Lord your God, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.

5 And that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the Lord your God, which brought you out of the land of Egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the Lord thy God commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

6 If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers;

7 Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth;

8 Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him:

9 But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people.

10 And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

11 And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is among you.

12 If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the Lord thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying,

13 Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;

14 Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you;

15 Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.

16 And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the Lord thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.

17 And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the Lord may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers;

18 When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the Lord thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the Lord thy God.

This is what I love about our Christ. He was no wimp. He went into those temples. He was furious and He kicked ass when he turned all those tables over.

And yes I know my verbage isn't always the best, but you get my drift.

That was a really stupid thing to do.:cuckoo:

Not if you understand why He did it.
The money changers were a necessary part of the sacrifice ritual. People came from all over, and to buy a dove or a lamb or what ever was required, they needed to convert their currency.
What infuriated Jesus wasn't that the money changers were there, but that the money exchangers were cheating people by giving them less than the people should have been getting from the exchange. In His father's house no less.......
We do stupid things. Jesus, never.

Says who? Jesus?

Jesus did many stupid and sinful things.

Let's start with falsely claiming he was a divine being, when the real G-D said in numerous passages that there is only him.

In fact, one the three things are suppossed to sacrifice their lives for is to worship anyone but the one true G-D.

Therefore, jesus by making himself a god and his followers for following him, did very sinful acts.

Hear O Israel, the L-rd is our G-D, the L-ord is ONE (Deut)
I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from Me there is no God. ...so that from the rising of the Sun to the place of its setting men may know there is none besides Me. I am the Lord, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:5-6)

...I am God, and there is no other; I am God, and there is none like Me. (Isaiah, 46:9)

... so that all the peoples of the Earth may know that the Lord is God and that there is no other. (1 Kings, 8:60)

Turn to Me and be saved, all you ends of the Earth; for I am God, and there is no other. (Isaiah, 45:22)

This is what the Lord says…"Surely God is with you, and there is no other; there is no other God." (Isaiah, 45:14)

...The Lord our God, the Lord is one. (Deuteronomy, 6:4)

You are my witness--the words of Hashem--and My servant, whom I have chosen, so that you will know and believe in Me, and understand that I am He; before me nothing was created by a G-D, and after Me it shall not be (Isaiah 43:10)

... O Lord; no deeds can compare with Yours. All the nations You have made will come and worship before You, O Lord; they will bring glory to Your name. For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalms, 86:8-10)

O Lord ...You alone are God over all the kingdoms of the Earth. You have made heaven and Earth. (Isaiah, 37:16)

... all kingdoms on Earth may know that You alone, O Lord, are God. (Isaiah, 37:20)

This is what the Lord says—your Redeemer, Who formed you in the womb: I am the Lord, Who has made all things, Who alone stretched out the heavens, Who spread out the Earth by Myself. (Isaiah, 44:24)

Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides You, who acts on behalf of those who wait for Him. (Isaiah, 64:4)

For this is what the Lord says—He Who created the heavens, He is God; He Who fashioned and made the Earth, He founded it; He did not create it to be empty, but formed it to be inhabited—He says: "I am the Lord, and there is no other." (Isaiah, 45:18)

...Was it not I, the Lord? And there is no god apart from Me, a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but Me. (Isaiah, 45:21)

See now that I Myself am He! There is no god besides Me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal... (Deuteronomy, 32:39)

...you may know there is no one like the Lord our God. (Exodus, 8:10)

O Lord... there is no god like You in heaven above or on Earth below... (1 Kings, 8:23; 2 Chronicles, 6:14)

Then Asa called to the Lord his God and said, "Lord, there is no one like You to help the powerless against the mighty..."(2 Chronicles, 14:11)

I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from Me there is no savior. (Isaiah, 43:11)

There is no one like You, O Lord, and there is no god but You, as we have heard with our own ears. (1 Chronicles, 17:20; 2 Samuel, 7:22)

There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides You; there is no strength like our God. (1 Samuel, 2:2)

His wisdom is profound, His power is vast. Who has resisted Him and come out unscathed. (Job, 9:4)

For You are great and do marvelous deeds; You alone are God. (Psalms, 86:10)

Praise Him for His acts of power; praise Him for His surpassing greatness. (Psalms, 150:2)

You alone are the Lord. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the Earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship You. (Nehemiah, 9:6)

They will say of Me, "In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength."... (Isaiah, 45:24)

You were shown these things so that you might know that the Lord is God; besides Him there is no other. (Deuteronomy, 4:35)

... Is there any god besides Me? No, there is no other strong one; I know not one. (Isaiah, 44:8)

This is what the Lord says—I am the first and I am the last; apart from Me there is no god. (Isaiah, 44:6)

Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the Lord—with the first of them and with the last—I am He." (Isaiah, 41:4)

O Lord, are You not from everlasting? My God, my Holy One… (Habakkuk 1:12)

I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere Him. (Ecclesiastes, 3:14)

Before the mountains were born or You brought forth the Earth and the world, from everlasting to everlasting You are God. (Psalms, 90:2)

Your throne, O God, will last for ever and ever…(Psalms, 45:6)

For this is what the high and lofty One says—He Who lives forever, Whose name is holy...(Isaiah, 57:15)

and said: "Praise be to the name of God for ever and ever; wisdom and power are His." (Daniel, 2:20)

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. (Ecclesiastes, 3:11)

…For He is the living God and He endures forever… His dominion will never end. (Daniel, 6:26)

Praise be to the Lord … from everlasting to everlasting… (1 Chronicles, 16:36)

But You, O Lord, are exalted forever. (Psalms, 92:8)

The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of our God stands forever. (Isaiah, 40:8)

Forum List

Back