DOD budget: Save $29 billion. Eliminate Marine Corps

Oldguy

Sep 25, 2012
Texas
With all the talk about sequester and spending cuts, here's a sure fire way to save $29 billion right now: Eliminate the Marine Corps.

There's nothing they do which can't be done by the Army. It's a superfluous and redundant ground force which we really can't afford anymore.

With all the talk about sequester and spending cuts, here's a sure fire way to save $29 billion right now: Eliminate the Marine Corps.

There's nothing they do which can't be done by the Army. It's a superfluous and redundant ground force which we really can't afford anymore.

When they said everything is on the table I don't think that is exactly what they meant. :doubt:

:D

^ Where do you idiots come from?

When they said everything is on the table I don't think that is exactly what they meant. :doubt:

No, probably not. But, I must ask, "Why not?"

I had opened this thread hoping there was at least a fragment of a reasoned thought behind it.

I was wrong.

Probably because most of the time they not trying to blow something up they are drunk under the table. :eusa_shifty:

If you have to ask we might as well just quit right here.

His sarcasm is no more absurd than your premise.

Why is it absurd? You wanna cut spending or not?

Constitutionally speaking, the one thing the Government is supposed to spend our Taxes on IS the Military, everything else not so much.

They said the 'military'. I don't think they foresaw the Marine Corps. They were thinking more of the Army. There is nothing in the Constitution that says 'Marine Corps'. Let's put them on the table!

Constitutionally speaking, the one thing the Government is supposed to spend our Taxes on IS the Military, everything else not so much.

They said the 'military'. I don't think they foresaw the Marine Corps. They were thinking more of the Army. There is nothing in the Constitution that says 'Marine Corps'. Let's put them on the table!

Well gee... Since the Marines were founded in 1775 (well before the Constitution) I'd say you missed that one entirely.

Well gee... Since the Marines were founded in 1775 (well before the Constitution) I'd say you missed that one entirely.

Army, new and improved Marine Corps? :tank:

His sarcasm is no more absurd than your premise.

That may be true, but we can't just spend money willy-nilly and expect good results. There IS a limit on what we can spend, so I think we should spend it wisely.

And, to me, spending it wisely doesn't include funding two separate ground forces. It's a luxury we can't afford.

If we're really serious about curtailing deficit spending and the debt, nothing should be off the table.

That may be true, but we can't just spend money willy-nilly and expect good results. There IS a limit on what we can spend, so I think we should spend it wisely.

And, to me, spending it wisely doesn't include funding two separate ground forces. It's a luxury we can't afford.

If we're really serious about curtailing deficit spending and the debt, nothing should be off the table.

Interestingly enough, there are a whole bunch of Army pukes that will get sick on ships.

Marines are good enough to hold it in until they hit land.

BTW.........................the Marines are a division of the Navy, and have been since their inception. The Army is a bunch of johnny come lately types.

And......................we can get Marines on the beach quicker than the Army, and they're more motivated to win.

The Army is more interested in camping out in the places the Marines have won.

And yeah..............................I'm U.S. Navy (Retired).

Interestingly enough, there are a whole bunch of Army pukes that will get sick on ships.

Marines are good enough to hold it in until they hit land.

BTW.........................the Marines are a division of the Navy, and have been since their inception. The Army is a bunch of johnny come lately types.

And......................we can get Marines on the beach quicker than the Army, and they're more motivated to win.

The Army is more interested in camping out in the places the Marines have won.

And yeah..............................I'm U.S. Navy (Retired).

So, we should keep the Marines because they're not as likely to get sea sick?

Forum List

Back