Does Anybody Believe the Universities' Line About So-Called "American Imperialism' ?

That doesn't mean they are imperialism now.
Look at the god damned definition you posted, you raving loony.
I read it quite fine. You are the raving loony who equates non-imperialism with imperialism. One can only wonder why.
According to your logic, the British Empire was no longer imperialist after it had acquired its empire. You are a deluded raving loony.

I suppose next you'll claim US action contributing to and enabling the eviction of the inhabitants of Diego Garcia in order to use it as an air base is not a dictionary definition of imperialism.

Some liked Saddam, some didn't but our invasion brought death to tens of thousands, ISIS, and a decade of civil war. I doubt many are thanking the US for interfering in Iraq. Except the Iranians of course, we got rid of their enemy.
But the question of the OP is about imperialism. Plundering another country in some way or another, to gain its resources, and getting them.
A very narrow definition. I'd say it is imperialism to remove a foreign government to install one more friendly to us.

Some liked Saddam, some didn't but our invasion brought death to tens of thousands, ISIS, and a decade of civil war. I doubt many are thanking the US for interfering in Iraq. Except the Iranians of course, we got rid of their enemy.
But the question of the OP is about imperialism. Plundering another country in some way or another, to gain its resources, and getting them.
A very narrow definition. I'd say it is imperialism to remove a foreign government to install one more friendly to us.
Removal of government's usually occurs when the people of a nation is crying out for it. Then we oblidge them by using our power or influence to create a better situation for the oppressed wanting a better situation in life. If we benefit from it also, then everybody wins.

Removal of government's usually occurs when the people of a nation is crying out for it. Then we oblidge them by using our power or influence to create a better situation for the oppressed wanting a better situation in life. If we benefit from it also, then everybody wins.
Alas that is not what happens in the real world, for example Mohammad Mosaddegh

Got anything a bit more current ? The college kids were claiming there is US imperialism NOW.

Yeah ? Where ? How?

I just saw an episode on Newsmax where a reporter was asking college students if they believe there is American imperialism. If the students answered yes (most did), they were asked to sign a petition to stop it. Quite a few signed the petition.

After signing, the students (apparently victims of heavy indoctrination) were asked to provide an example of where "American imperialism" is going on. now, or over the past 20 years. None were able to respond with a single location.

I wish I would have been that reporter. I would have asked the kids if they knew of the USA being a VICTIM of imperialism. I would have also asked them to provide a definition of "imperialism".

Here are 2 definitions >>

I would have loved to tell these brainwashed students that the US is the #1 VICTIM of imperialism in the world today, and has been for the last 20 years, by the way 21st century imperialism is conducted (migrant remittances).

80% of the Eastern Hemisphere is at war with each other and the US is Imperialistic...

It never fails to amaze me that Liberals believe White people can easily manipulate dark humans.
You Liberals are racist and too mentally disturbed to see it.

Hilarious. Funny that it's being spilled in other people's countries which never invited such a mess.
"It's being" is present tense. You're saying "blood is being spilled in other people's countries which never invited such a mess"

So you're saying this is happening NOW. Where ? How ? Who ?

Last edited:
According to your logic, the British Empire was no longer imperialist after it had acquired its empire. You are a deluded raving loony.
The British Empire (or any "empire") is no longer an empire, and it is no longer imperialism, if the people of that country have come to regard themselves as nationals of the country that had colonized them. If they regard the imperialist country as an enemy occupier, then yes you have imperialism.

If that is no longer, and the formerly occupied people accept their status, and even like it, and would like it to even be more so connected to the other country, it is then not another country, but all one country, and not imperialism. (ex. Guam, Puerto Rico, and Hawaii)

I suppose next you'll claim US action contributing to and enabling the eviction of the inhabitants of Diego Garcia in order to use it as an air base is not a dictionary definition of imperialism.
I won't bother to refresh my memory, or look it up, because this was 1968-1973, and the TOPIC of this thread is about the question of American imperialism NOW (2021)

The college kids said they thought it exists now, but couldn't say where or how.
Can you ?

Well, it's the definition I posted from 2 sources in the OP. Imperialism is about pillaging for resources.

I just saw an episode on Newsmax where a reporter was asking college students if they believe there is American imperialism. If the students answered yes (most did), they were asked to sign a petition to stop it. Quite a few signed the petition.

After signing, the students (apparently victims of heavy indoctrination) were asked to provide an example of where "American imperialism" is going on. now, or over the past 20 years. None were able to respond with a single location.

I wish I would have been that reporter. I would have asked the kids if they knew of the USA being a VICTIM of imperialism. I would have also asked them to provide a definition of "imperialism".

I would have loved to tell these brainwashed students that the US is the #1 VICTIM of imperialism in the world today, and has been for the last 20 years, by the way 21st century imperialism is conducted (migrant remittances).

80% of the Eastern Hemisphere is at war with each other and the US is Imperialistic...
So are we the leaders of the so called free world or not ???? People can find excuses to blame America for anything, and what that does is prove anti-Americanism that is residing in alot of player's these days.

Got anything a bit more current ? The college kids were claiming there is US imperialism NOW.

Yeah ? Where ? How?
What's the statute of limitations on imperialism?

It never fails to amaze me that Liberals believe White people can easily manipulate dark humans.
You Liberals are racist and too mentally disturbed to see it.
White people are no better or worse than anyone else. You Conservatives are racist and too mentally disturbed to see it.

Well, it's the definition I posted from 2 sources in the OP. Imperialism is about pillaging for resources.
Maybe you should also make up your own words?

im·pe·ri·al·ism
/imˈpirēəˌlizəm/
noun
a policy of extending a country's power and influence through diplomacy or military force.

It’s not a ‘lie.’

American imperialism? Really, your entitled to say and believe what you may, however, your deficiency in historical facts discloses your ignorance.

White people are no better or worse than anyone else. You Conservatives are racist and too mentally disturbed to see it.
But it isn't conservatives who support the # 1 and # 2 racisms in America (Affirmative Action and Critical Race Theory), victimizing, by far, the largest number of people (whites).

It is liberals who are doing that. Including Joe Biden, with his American Rescue Plan.

Forum List

Back