Does anybody else occasionally deal with insomnia?

Occasionally?
Or regularly. You have any thoughts on the problem?
try smoking a bowl of pot.....nice and relaxing.....
You dope head!
you said you would keep that to yourself.....by the way, got any?......
Oh hell yeah, I live in a state that let's you buy it.
so do i brother.....and tomorrow the local dispensary will be having a few nice promotions....
I am addicted to Moonrocks now.
moonrocks?....
Moon Rocks are a THC megazord—they're essentially cannabis buds (historically GSC, but any strain suffices) dipped in or sprayed with hash oil, then rolled in kief.

I just spent the last 3 1/2 hours laying down with the words to Piano Man repeating in my head. I'm beginning to hate Billy Joel. A couple of beers or a shot of rum used to solve that problem, but that doesn't seem to have much effect either.

I deal with it frequently. I think it's hereditary. My mother gets it all the time; my sister deals with it.
I sleep with the TV on or music playing.

I just spent the last 3 1/2 hours laying down with the words to Piano Man repeating in my head. I'm beginning to hate Billy Joel. A couple of beers or a shot of rum used to solve that problem, but that doesn't seem to have much effect either.

I deal with it frequently. I think it's hereditary. My mother gets it all the time; my sister deals with it.

I have a prescription for Xanax. If I can't fall asleep within two hours I'll get up and take one and then I'm out in about 20 minutes. I usually only need to do that once or twice a month.

I have a prescription for Xanax. If I can't fall asleep within two hours I'll get up and take one and then I'm out in about 20 minutes. I usually only need to do that once or twice a month.
They didn't work like the old valiums did, but I am not much for pills, but I will smoke..

Last edited:
Occasionally?
Or regularly. You have any thoughts on the problem?
You dope head!
you said you would keep that to yourself.....by the way, got any?......
Oh hell yeah, I live in a state that let's you buy it.
so do i brother.....and tomorrow the local dispensary will be having a few nice promotions....
I am addicted to Moonrocks now.
moonrocks?....
Moon Rocks are a THC megazord—they're essentially cannabis buds (historically GSC, but any strain suffices) dipped in or sprayed with hash oil, then rolled in kief.
Oh my God that sounds good.

I've been getting up at 4AM. On better days, I'll read the Zohar, most of the time it's Candy Crush or Rummicube.

You are all welcome not to believe this, but just repeating "sleep" in your internal dialog works. It may be that it hypnotizes a part of consciousness, but usually only takes about ten or fifteen minutes.

And if you don't' want to do that... There is CBD... It doesn't work as well, but you also don't get high. It really doesn't make me sleepy, but it does help with with the overactive bullshit brain stuff...

And if you don't' want to do that... There is CBD... It doesn't work as well, but you also don't get high. It really doesn't make me sleepy, but it does help with with the overactive bullshit brain stuff...
im not the one having a hard time sleeping....it was a recommendation for the bulldog.....

I've had chronic insomnia since I was a teenager. It's linked to my allergies, and it's gotten worse as I've aged. About 6 years ago, I learned that the Claritin I was taking which made my allergies bearable, was also making my insomnia much worse. When I retired, I starting cutting back on it, and managed to wean myself off it completely, but allergy season is really bad this year and I bought a pack last week after waking up with hives.

According to this link, alcohol is a poor solution. I read that recently and was shocked, because it's always worked for me, but I seldom have more than one drink these days. But might explain why when you fall asleep after drinking you wakeup feeling like you haven't slept. I remember that from when I was younger

I don't drink coffee after lunch time. I don't drink colas, energy drinks, or anything laced with caffeine at all. I drink water and ice tea. I also smoke a little weed before bed. On those occasions when I've run out of weed, the insomnia returns with a vengeance, even when limiting caffeine, especially during the spring tree season, and fall leaf mold season.

yes, I do.

So what do you do. I generally just whine and complain, but that doesn't work as well as you might hope.

When I first started experiencing insomnia I used to PBM&C - but found it to be a detrimental antagonist to solving the insomnia.

I've been scripted all of the sleeping meds in existence.
The side effects were not acceptable.

For awhile I embraced the insomnia and turned my sleeplessness into being productive. It's a PITA tossing and turning.

THESE days when I get hit with insomnia
I post on USMB :)
J/K

What works for me are edibles.
Check your local dispensary.

PM if you need more info.

Edibles work sometimes, but sometimes not. Great suggestion though. Thanks.

Seems like you might need to up the amount if you take it on a consistent basis.

Add melatonin (5mgs)
Nope. It's just an occasional problem, but it sucks when it happens. Already tried melatonin.

Melatonin helped me to get to sleep, but then I woke up 4 hours later and couldn't get back to sleep at all.

If I can't sleep, I generally try to be productive too. I'm retired and can sleep late most days. I also live alone. Baking at midnight is a favourite pastime.

When I lived with others, I was expected to stay in my room, and not be "prowling around" the house, causing floors to creak, opening drawers and closing cupboards and waking up the light sleepers on the second floor. I love living alone.

yes, I do.

So what do you do. I generally just whine and complain, but that doesn't work as well as you might hope.

When I first started experiencing insomnia I used to PBM&C - but found it to be a detrimental antagonist to solving the insomnia.

For awhile I embraced the insomnia and turned my sleeplessness into being productive. It's a PITA tossing and turning.

J/K

Seems like you might need to up the amount if you take it on a consistent basis.

Add melatonin (5mgs)
Nope. It's just an occasional problem, but it sucks when it happens. Already tried melatonin.

Melatonin helped me to get to sleep, but then I woke up 4 hours later and couldn't get back to sleep at all.

If I can't sleep, I generally try to be productive too. I'm retired and can sleep late most days. I also live alone. Baking at midnight is a favourite pastime.

When I lived with others, I was expected to stay in my room, and not be "prowling around" the house, causing floors to creak, opening drawers and closing cupboards and waking up the light sleepers on the second floor. I love living alone.

Seems this isn't just my problem. Lots seem to have similar spells of insomnia. I agree about the advantages of living alone. If you don't feel free to walk around your own house nekkid, any time you want, you just aren't taking advantage of rights your years have earned.

yes, I do.

J/K

Add melatonin (5mgs)
Have you ever tried this?
1619123270262.png

yes, I do.

J/K

I really do post on USMB when I'm going thru insomnia. :eek:

The news keeps me awake, unable to sleep.... This past week, I've just turned the news off after about an hour of it, and have actually watched some thoughtless, enjoyable, shows.... to try to avoid the constant negative drum beat of life in the 2020s.... But last night, there was no...Going RV, The Curse of Oak Island, Maine Cabin Masters, or Expedition Unknown on tv!! :)

so last night I ended up on the 24/7 news channels, and here I am, wide awake! Just finished unloading the dishwasher, loading the few dishes from late last night, made the hubby who will be awake at around 6:30am, a pot of his coffee and made a small pot of espresso for me.... :) and turned on the small space heater for my kitty cat, who insisted I do such.... (We got cold again up here, starting yesterday, woke up to a dusting of snow)

New Topics

Forum List

Back