Does anybody else occasionally deal with insomnia?

I just spent the last 3 1/2 hours laying down with the words to Piano Man repeating in my head. I'm beginning to hate Billy Joel. A couple of beers or a shot of rum used to solve that problem, but that doesn't seem to have much effect either.
Xanax

I've always been a really good sleeper, never had a problem with it before. But in the last two weeks, I've had really bad insomnia...It's crazy, I'm still awake from yesterday. 😵‍💫

(I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to read what other people do about it.)

I take 2 or 3 tokes of pot at bedtime, and I fall asleep quickly and easily, but I have suffered from insomnia nearly all of my adult life. I do stress that where I live, pot is legal, and I grow my own.

I found that after my knee replacement surgery that I used less pot for pain, and that I woke up less often in the night to go to the bathroom.

I've been dealing with insomnia my entire life.

When I can't sleep I get out of bed smoke a little hash and read or play my guitar for a while and when I feel sleepy again I go back to bed and try to sleep. Sometimes I just stay up most of the night and get a cat nap on the couch. I never get on the computer, phone etc and I do not turn on the TV

I've tried Ambien and I hate that shit because I feel awful for half of the next day.

I take 2 or 3 tokes of pot at bedtime, and I fall asleep quickly and easily, but I have suffered from insomnia nearly all of my adult life. I do stress that where I live, pot is legal, and I grow my own.

I found that after my knee replacement surgery that I used less pot for pain, and that I woke up less often in the night to go to the bathroom.
My wife does and says the same. I just sleep whenever I'm too tired to get anything done. Have never cared much about what time it is, though the day does fly by this time of year.

Thanks for taking the time to reply with a suggestion. I'm glad that works for you and other people...but it's not something for me. (I'm pretty much 'straight-edge', especially when it comes anything mind-altering.) But I'm going to try something a friend of mine suggested. I haven't got it yet but it's called Sleep Now from Herbalife, and my friend says it works really well for her so I figured it's worth a try.

I've been dealing with insomnia my entire life.

When I can't sleep I get out of bed smoke a little hash and read or play my guitar for a while and when I feel sleepy again I go back to bed and try to sleep. Sometimes I just stay up most of the night and get a cat nap on the couch. I never get on the computer, phone etc and I do not turn on the TV

I've tried Ambien and I hate that shit because I feel awful for half of the next day.

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. That's a good idea about not turning on the computer or tv. Recently when I haven't been able to sleep I've either gone to YouTube to watch videos or played games on my iPad, which is probably the opposite of what I should be doing, lol. I really should read instead, like someone suggested... that has worked before for getting sleepy.

Forum List

Back