Does anyone actually know what an “opportunity economy” is?

Orangecat

Diamond Member
Jun 22, 2020
Kamala repeatedly touted her plan to create an “opportunity economy”. She never elaborated beyond saying she’d give $6k to new parents for cribs and $25k to home buyers for a down payment. Where will all this money come from? Is “opportunity economy” just another butchering of the language in substitution of “Marxist wealth redistribution”?

Kamala repeatedly touted her plan to create an “opportunity economy”. She never elaborated beyond saying she’d give $6k to new parents for cribs and $25k to home buyers for a down payment. Where will all this money come from? Is “opportunity economy” just another butchering of the language in substitution of “Marxist wealth redistribution”?
I know it will Make America Great Again.

That talk between Obama and Joe the Plumber was the last time I even tried to see the point of a Democrat's view on the economy.

Tax breaks to the middle class instead of to the wealthy

Tax breaks to the middle class instead of to the wealthy
The middle class gets their livelihood from the wealthy...
Jobs are already disappearing... I hear Home Depot is in trouble.... raise taxes on the rich and watch more jobs leave...
Trump's tax cut included the middle class so if Kamala cancels Trump's tax cuts everyone's taxes will go back up... there is a reason why Biden hasn't cancelled Trump's tax cuts....

The middle class gets their livelihood from the wealthy...
Jobs are already disappearing... I hear Home Depot is in trouble.... raise taxes on the rich and watch more jobs leave...
Trump's tax cut included the middle class so if Kamala cancels Trump's tax cuts everyone's taxes will go back up... there is a reason why Biden hasn't cancelled Trump's tax cuts....

The wealthy makes money off of every one of those jobs.

It is the workers who create wealth

sounds like free market capitalism to me,,
everyone has an opportunity to be involved in the economy,,

but I am sure thats not what kamala meant by it,,

my guess is her idea involves deciding who can be involved in the economy

Just another feelz good phrase that means absolutely nothing. That's what Kamala is running on, an empty bag of feelz good.

When costs go up for the rich they provide fewer jobs and benefits... if you want to punish rich people tax wealth not earnings... this way Pelosi will finally pay her fair share....
A myth

Jobs and benefits are tied to an expansion of the free market
If people are buying your goods and services, you don’t cut your number of employees
Give the wealthy a tax cut and they just keep it.
They don’t pass it on in more jobs and higher pay

We are 35 trillion in debt... we have to refill our treasury and Tariffs were doing that... this is why Biden left them in place... but then he went on a spending spree....
Trump increased the debt $8 trillion last time
He made no attempt to pay it down

Forum List

Back