Does anyone think Trump can turn his campaign around

bendog

Diamond Member
Mar 4, 2013
and if they do, what will it look like. His campaign de jour looks like what Jeb would do.

Given Hillary "short circuits" and may have gotten someone hung? She had a miserable weekend and now the health issues are exploding...long way to go yet

and if they do, what will it look like. His campaign de jour looks like what Jeb would do.
He could hire more establishment types who know what they're doing, but there's always going to be the problem of his mouth. I don't think there's a cork big enough.

He was on Clinton’s fantasy list with Cruz and Paul. His performance has exceeded Hillary’s wildest fantasies

It's really not a matter of "can he" it's a matter of "will he" , in Trumps case his ego and his mouth indicate that the answer to the question is "no he won't".

Maybe. Hard to call it really. Dude is a nutjob. But considering who he is running against...

The media will turn it around even if that means going after Hillary awhile. As I have said repeatedly, they do not want to spend three months with nothing new to discuss. They are already doing it. I have seen Christ Matthews, that lesbian chick from the Cook Report and others questioning Hillary in the last week or so.

I doubt if Trump has the fortitude to fight till the end

Hillary has opened a YUUUGE lead and Trump will need to make some serious changes in his campaign and start putting out a major effort to win back swing states

I suspect he will coast to the finish and take his beating, while he brings down the downticket Republicans with him

He could hire more establishment types who know what they're doing, but there's always going to be the problem of his mouth. I don't think there's a cork big enough.

That isn’t the problem, if I may.

The problem is that he refuses to learn. If you refuse to learn…you’re dead.

Obama, in 2008, “discovered” his reverend had some pretty militant views. So, instead of hobbling around with the good reverend by his side, Obama did the smart political thing; wave good-bye to him as he was kicked to the curb.

Where's the evidence that Romney would have taken out bin Laden if he was President??

Trumpf invites these idiotic battles so it’s pretty easy to see why he’s losing traction in the battles that matter.

Can he yes will he is another story what it really comes down to for Trump is can he stay on message so far he hasn't been able to.

I think Trump will reach the point in about a month where he just says "screw it" and mails it in

Turn it around into what? Are they telling him to fake it to get more votes? What do they mean by that?

He really needs to focus his speeches into something like a flowing coherent argument for or against something other than random off the cuff Hillary jabs/Trump praises. He needs to talk about concrete policies and why that is the right way to go in more depth.

That's sort of to the heart of my question. If all he does is hire more establishment types, won't he sound establishment? Essentially, that's what he's trying now - he's playing Charlie McCarthy to Manafort's Edgar Bergen. Scarborough said it was too late for that because all the establishment types have decided to never vote for him. (that works for me, as I generally vote gop and will never vote Trump now)

But, initially, what was intriguing about him was his independence and appeal to the middle class. Unfortunately his racism and just mean spiritedness came to the top. I just wonder if there's any chance for him to change the tone. I suspect that unlike JFK and Reagan and even HW and W .... he really is an ass9ole who only cares about himself.

Turn it around into what? Are they telling him to fake it to get more votes? What do they mean by that?

He really needs to focus his speeches into something like a flowing coherent argument for or against something other than random off the cuff Hillary jabs/Trump praises. He needs to talk about concrete policies and why that is the right way to go in more depth.

Yeah but he hasnt...Do you know why? Because he cant.

He's a sales guy...not a policy or details guy.

Yeah but he hasnt...Do you know why? Because he cant.

He's a sales guy...not a policy or details guy.

Maybe, but so were Reagan and Obama when it came to actually "leading". The soundbite thing will serve him well in the debates, but if he wants to swing people on the margins, he really needs to make an argument that contains more words than a tweet.

Forum List

Back