🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Does AOC know $15 minimum wage in states like Mississippi will put people out of work?

Uhm you do know 30% companies fail in the first two years right?

Why is that?

Paying burger flippers $30 bucks an hour.

$15 an hour

So you admit 30% of the companies go out of business because they pay burger flippers $15 an hour

Check

Your so Fucking full of propaganda you don't even follow the thread...

Show me

You said it not me

Name one company that went "out of business" because they paid their employees to much money.

Off the top of my head, I can't, because REAL business owners - unlike you - aren't stupid enough to set wages based on what they "feelz" people should get, rather than what their job is actually worth to the employer.
How much do you pay someone that makes you all of your money?

What profession would that be?

He's got some odd notion that people who own businesses don't work themselves. In his "mind", they just sit back and drink martinis and smoke cigars lit with hundred dollar bills. Maybe take a vigorous swim in their money vaults, like Scrooge McDuck. And yet he wants us all to believe HE is rich and successful, despite his painfully, appallingly obvious lack of knowledge about the realities of it.

Again what profession?

The list is endless, you moron! If you pay your employees a set salary and you are not bringing in the revenue to pay them, what happens, dumbass?

If you need to rely on decades old wages in order to stay in business, you deserve to fail

Don't worry the nanny state will give you food stamps.

Like we always said the left is anti jobs.

If low end workers were paid a decent wage, they wouldn’t need food stamps

Those food stamps subsidize employers who pay low wages

Bullshit the low end subsidies the government food stamp program and they would just raise up the level who gets food stamps because they are still making MINIMUM WAGE.
Low wage workers receiving more money wouldn’t need food stamps

Those benefits help employers who do not have to support those who work for them.....they push it on the taxpayers

They would still be making minimum wage dufus ..

View attachment 264072

A Heritage Foundation analysis from 2016 estimated that a $15 federal minimum wage would wipe out 7 million jobs. Hardest hit would be workers, businesses, and economies in areas with low costs of living. (like Mississippi where cost of living is 87% of USA standard.
Mississippi cost of living is 87.8% Mississippi Cost of Living

Liberal activists demand a “living wage,” but the truth is that only a tiny handful of hourly wage workers make the minimum wage or less (4 percent), according to the Employment Policies Institute. On the contrary, a whopping 44 percent of hourly workers currently earn at or below the proposed $15 minimum wage.

Now consider what the $15 minimum wage would do.

For a restaurant that employs 10 minimum wage workers, a $15 minimum wage hike would cost them about $170,000 per year. If the restaurant currently earns profit margins of 5 percent, it would have to increase sales by $3.5 million per year, or an extra $67,000 every week.

But that is not realistic. The likely scenario is that they’ll either have to cut working hours or fire some workers altogether. Either way, most people are worse off than before.

Lawmakers Are Pushing a $15 Minimum Wage. Here Are 3 Disastrous Consequences That Would Result.
Robotic waiters...

View attachment 264073

Moving the minimum sage to $15 in mississippi would triple the average wage in state.

I see another liberal is bad at math/ economics and reality

Just as I thought, minimum wage $7.25 in Alabama and McDonald's paying over it

Crew (hiring for overnight shifts starting pay $9.00/hr to $10.25/hr) - Madison, AL 35758 - Indeed.com

Crew (hiring for overnight shifts starting pay $9.00/hr to $10.25/hr)
Johnson Partners, Inc. dba McDonald's

24,691 reviews

Madison, AL 35758

Full-time?

It being McDonald's, one assumes they offer both full- and part-time . . . that is, one assumes it if one has actually been employed and knows something about having a job. I have no idea what YOU assume.

If you need to rely on decades old wages in order to stay in business, you deserve to fail

Bullshit the low end subsidies the government food stamp program and they would just raise up the level who gets food stamps because they are still making MINIMUM WAGE.

Those benefits help employers who do not have to support those who work for them.....they push it on the taxpayers

And why in God's name do you want over 40% of American workers making minimum wage if national goes to $15 an hour

View attachment 264072

A Heritage Foundation analysis from 2016 estimated that a $15 federal minimum wage would wipe out 7 million jobs. Hardest hit would be workers, businesses, and economies in areas with low costs of living. (like Mississippi where cost of living is 87% of USA standard.

Liberal activists demand a “living wage,” but the truth is that only a tiny handful of hourly wage workers make the minimum wage or less (4 percent), according to the Employment Policies Institute. On the contrary, a whopping 44 percent of hourly workers currently earn at or below the proposed $15 minimum wage.

For a restaurant that employs 10 minimum wage workers, a $15 minimum wage hike would cost them about $170,000 per year. If the restaurant currently earns profit margins of 5 percent, it would have to increase sales by $3.5 million per year, or an extra $67,000 every week.

But that is not realistic. The likely scenario is that they’ll either have to cut working hours or fire some workers altogether. Either way, most people are worse off than before.

Lawmakers Are Pushing a $15 Minimum Wage. Here Are 3 Disastrous Consequences That Would Result.
Robotic waiters...

View attachment 264073

Moving the minimum sage to $15 in mississippi would triple the average wage in state.

I see another liberal is bad at math/ economics and reality

Just as I thought, minimum wage $7.25 in Alabama and McDonald's paying over it

Crew (hiring for overnight shifts starting pay $9.00/hr to $10.25/hr) - Madison, AL 35758 - Indeed.com

Crew (hiring for overnight shifts starting pay $9.00/hr to $10.25/hr)
Johnson Partners, Inc. dba McDonald's

24,691 reviews

Madison, AL 35758

Full-time?

It being McDonald's, one assumes they offer both full- and part-time . . . that is, one assumes it if one has actually been employed and knows something about having a job. I have no idea what YOU assume.

I gave you the link go apply for the job RW will give you a job reference.

But of course those favoring the $15/hr nationally are also truly ignorant believing one size fits all.

Well, that is what the minimum wage is. The minimum wage is currently $7.25 an hour. It needs to be raised to at least $12 dollars an hour even in low cost living places like Mississippi and Tennessee.
Long overdue

It needs to go to $15 to compensate for a decade without an increase

$15 dollars might be a little high in places like Mississippi and Tennessee, but nearly every where else, it would fit like a glove. $12 dollars is not going to hurt anything in Mississippi except for people who are poor managers of business. A minimum wage as a high as $15 dollars might be ok for Mississippi too.

So what do you do with the people who make $15.00 an hour now? How much are you going to raise their pay, so they are no longer working for minimum wage.

In my current job, I am salaried and work many more hours per week than those I supervise. They just received a nice pay raise to the point where they make almost as much as I do. Because I work extra hours without compensation, our pay per hour is roughly equivalent. How do justify that for those making $15.00 an hour who now realize that the people they once supervised now make the same paycheck they do?

You were stupid by not staying hourly.

You're stupid for not knowing that isn't usually an option for supervisory positions. Thanks for confirming yet again that you've never been more than an unskilled stooge.

Walmart and other large retailers (Amazon) would love to see the Federal minimum wage raised to $15. That would drive many small, local businesses out of the market. Why do you think they let Bernie address their shareholders? Why do you think Bezos and the Walmartians are in favor of increasing the minimum.
And what exactly is a "living wage"?

Meaningless leftist term, like "fair".

I had this conversation just the other day with my co-workers, Thing #1 and Thing #2, because Thing #1 was gassing away about how people "deserve a living wage". I said, "What constitutes a 'living wage'? How would our boss calculate that? We all have the same job, but I am the primary wage earner for a family of four; you have a husband who owns his own business and buys you vacations to Cuba; and Thing #2 is single with no kids and a roommate. Whose need for the money is he supposed to calculate it by? Does he pay us each according to our own individual need level? Or does he pay all three of us according to what I need (which is a great incentive for him to fire me)? Or does he just pay us according to how much our work is worth to him, and assume that we're all adults who can manage our own life decisions?"

And then the conversation was over.

Name one company that went "out of business" because they paid their employees to much money.

Off the top of my head, I can't, because REAL business owners - unlike you - aren't stupid enough to set wages based on what they "feelz" people should get, rather than what their job is actually worth to the employer.

He's got some odd notion that people who own businesses don't work themselves. In his "mind", they just sit back and drink martinis and smoke cigars lit with hundred dollar bills. Maybe take a vigorous swim in their money vaults, like Scrooge McDuck. And yet he wants us all to believe HE is rich and successful, despite his painfully, appallingly obvious lack of knowledge about the realities of it.

Since that's a fantasy scenario that exists only in your never-been-employed-longer-than-two-weeks delusions, you might just as well ask me what sound the color blue makes, because I'm not likely to spend time trying to answer either nonsense question as though it's serious and coming from a real person.

As little as possible. Why do you ask?

Which has nothing to do with qualifying for assistance

It is what that wage is

Walmart and other large retailers (Amazon) would love to see the Federal minimum wage raised to $15. That would drive many small, local businesses out of the market. Why do you think they let Bernie address their shareholders? Why do you think Bezos and the Walmartians are in favor of increasing the minimum.

I had this conversation just the other day with my co-workers, Thing #1 and Thing #2, because Thing #1 was gassing away about how people "deserve a living wage". I said, "What constitutes a 'living wage'? How would our boss calculate that? We all have the same job, but I am the primary wage earner for a family of four; you have a husband who owns his own business and buys you vacations to Cuba; and Thing #2 is single with no kids and a roommate. Whose need for the money is he supposed to calculate it by? Does he pay us each according to our own individual need level? Or does he pay all three of us according to what I need (which is a great incentive for him to fire me)? Or does he just pay us according to how much our work is worth to him, and assume that we're all adults who can manage our own life decisions?"

Any story that ends with......and then the conversation was over

Is made up

Any story that ends with......and then the conversation was over

Is made up
58571097_2324759644514982_2637170839560126464_o.jpg

Henry Ford doubled autoworker wages. He did not complain about minimum wages. Employers who can Only make it on Cheap labor in a first world economy need to fail.

This again. You do realize, don't you, that by extension you are saying that the employees of those companies need to be out of work? Let's put this in perspective.

Usain Bolt can run a 100 meters in 9.58 seconds. Why can't you?

World class plastic surgeons can make millions. Why can't General Practioners?

Donald Trump can buy and fly in his own private jet. Why can't you?
Creating a business requires some planning. Planning for cheap, labor from inception is the difference.

Is that why Trump has a private jet and you don't? You didn't plan right?

The point is, and I have pointed this out to you many times, that you cannot say that every business owner can do what Ford did, any more than you can say that because Usain Bolt can run a hundred meters that fast, everyone should be able to.

Now, if you have any integrity at all, you will stop repeating that bilge. I won't hold my breath waiting.
i am willing to work with merely half a million rather than a whole million dollar loan.

Why does Trump fly in a private jet while you don't?

Because the outdated Electoral College make him POTUS.

Well keep that thought as this image will replace that teenager who is getting more than just a paycheck working at that minimum wage job.
View attachment 264162

Whether the minimum wage is $7 dollars or $15 dollars won't make any difference in if or when a company introduces a robot or computer to take over someone's job.

With the unemployment rate at 3.6%, the robots are not helping any at this point. Massive labor shortages all over the place!

So your fiendishly clever plan is to put companies out of business and their employees out of work?

No, he really doesn't. We had this discussion before, and he trotted out all these lists of businesses which didn't go under as proof that businesses don't really fail.

The issue is: Name one company that went "out of business" because they paid their employees to much money.

Also, there are lots of people who make 18-25ph and do important work. Elevating a burger flipper to $15 is an affront to those who have worked their way up but of course liberals don’t care about them.
Absolutely! Raising minimum wage to $15/hr will mean a de-facto pay cut for everyone else who has earned a higher wage/salary. Does anyone think that those folks will get an equivalent percentage raise? But prices will be higher, driving more into the "poverty" range. So many more people to make dependent on government largesse.

Whether the minimum wage is $7 dollars or $15 dollars won't make any difference in if or when a company introduces a robot or computer to take over someone's job.

With the unemployment rate at 3.6%, the robots are not helping any at this point. Massive labor shortages all over the place!

So your fiendishly clever plan is to put companies out of business and their employees out of work?

No, he really doesn't. We had this discussion before, and he trotted out all these lists of businesses which didn't go under as proof that businesses don't really fail.

The issue is: Name one company that went "out of business" because they paid their employees to much money.

You manage to conveniently bypass my previous post, and you're asking the same stupid-ass question. So..
Not out of business, but certainly a fallout. Do you not keep up with these things?
Something "Unexpected" Happened After Starbucks Raised Minimum Wages

View attachment 264072

Robotic waiters...

tRumps corporate tax cut lowered federal taxes paid by corporations by 50%. Why can't the businesses use the tax cuts by raising pay and/or benefits, I did?

You are such an enormous liar. "I did", my ass. Do you really believe anyone is remotely fooled by your "Internet billionaire" act? Maybe you're paying your dog to spend time with you, but that's about it.

It's very telling that you can't rebut anything that I write.

Because we've learned that you often speak out of your butt, and say things that are absolute nonsense. There have been a dozen times where you proved clearly, that you had no idea what you were talking about.

Which "dozens times" are those?

Forum List

Back