🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Does AOC know $15 minimum wage in states like Mississippi will put people out of work?

This again. You do realize, don't you, that by extension you are saying that the employees of those companies need to be out of work? Let's put this in perspective.

Usain Bolt can run a 100 meters in 9.58 seconds. Why can't you?

World class plastic surgeons can make millions. Why can't General Practioners?

Donald Trump can buy and fly in his own private jet. Why can't you?
Creating a business requires some planning. Planning for cheap, labor from inception is the difference.

Is that why Trump has a private jet and you don't? You didn't plan right?

The point is, and I have pointed this out to you many times, that you cannot say that every business owner can do what Ford did, any more than you can say that because Usain Bolt can run a hundred meters that fast, everyone should be able to.

Now, if you have any integrity at all, you will stop repeating that bilge. I won't hold my breath waiting.
i am willing to work with merely half a million rather than a whole million dollar loan.

Why does Trump fly in a private jet while you don't?
Because nobody wants to fly with him

If that's all it takes, there would be a lot more people flying in private jets.

Yeah they ain't gonna pay those illegals fifteen an hour when they can pay them less than eight now them capitalist must live in big mansions and fly jet planes.
Keeping wages low and cost of living high is how the robber barons make their living.

The CEOs are not the cause of this.

If you collected all $8 Million dollars they paid the CEO of McDonalds, and gave it to all the employees, it would be less than $37 per person, per year. Now unless you think that one cent an hour, is going to make a difference in people's lives, then the problem isn't CEO pay.

And additionally, most of that $8 million isn't cash. It's stock, and it's stock the CEO can't sell for years. If you pay your hourly employees in stock they can't sell, they'll be worse off, not better off.

The bottom line is, if you jack up the price of labor, in areas where people are too poor to pay more money for services, then they stop buying the service. If they stop buying the service, then people lose their jobs.

The minimum wage is always zero.

When you raise the minimum wage, you increase low wage workers ability to buy more products and services. That actually provides a better boost for economic growth than tax cuts for people making over $100,000 dollars a year who never change the consumer habits when they get a tax cut.

But that is simply not true. Because you are assuming those people will simply keep their jobs, and make more money. That just isn't the case. Factually wrong.

Every single time you raise the minimum wage, jobs are lost. Every single time.

UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs

The only time jobs are not lost, is if the price of everything goes up. If I have to pay you, my employee, more money, then I have to charge you my customer more money.

2007 to 2009, is a perfect example. The minimum wage went from $5.25 to $7.25. Why did this not cause an "increase low wage workers ability to buy more products and services"?

You need more evidence?

If you compare unemployment rates from 2006 to 2011, you will see that unemployment began to fall in 2010. That's the year after the last minimum wage hike that hit in 2009. Coincidence?

Here's another one. Do you know when the first minimum wage hike hit? August 2007. Want to know when the stock market began to slide? Sept/October of 2007. Coincidence?

Awful lot of coincidences with left-wing ideology.

But even if you just assume that these coincidences had nothing to do with minimum wage.... there is one thing that I can say conclusively: There is zero evidence that increasing the minimum wage had a positive economic benefit.

By the way, Greece had the exact same results. Greece had a minimum wage tied to inflation. The unemployment rate in Greece, increased every year, with the minimum wage wage until 2012. In 2012 Greece CUT their minimum wage, and that was the first year unemployment began to fall.

How US minimum wage laws ruined American Samoa’s economy | Sparta Report

The same thing happened in American Samoa. Jacking up the minimum wage, resulted in employment loss, and devastation for the economy of the island.

There is not single example of any country or group, raising the minimum wage into prosperity. Not one.

As for tax cuts for the rich....

Tax cuts for the rich always results in prosperity. Always.

Ireland well known as being tax shelter, called for years the Celtic Tiger.
Singapore, very pro-rich.
Australia, relatively low tax.
Switzerland actually is a relatively low tax country, and very prosperous.
equal protection of the law for unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed on an at-will basis is a simple market based solution that can solve simple poverty in our republic on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States.

And here's the translation into English:

You want to be paid simply for existing.

Yeah they ain't gonna pay those illegals fifteen an hour when they can pay them less than eight now them capitalist must live in big mansions and fly jet planes.
Keeping wages low and cost of living high is how the robber barons make their living.

The CEOs are not the cause of this.

If you collected all $8 Million dollars they paid the CEO of McDonalds, and gave it to all the employees, it would be less than $37 per person, per year. Now unless you think that one cent an hour, is going to make a difference in people's lives, then the problem isn't CEO pay.

And additionally, most of that $8 million isn't cash. It's stock, and it's stock the CEO can't sell for years. If you pay your hourly employees in stock they can't sell, they'll be worse off, not better off.

The bottom line is, if you jack up the price of labor, in areas where people are too poor to pay more money for services, then they stop buying the service. If they stop buying the service, then people lose their jobs.

The minimum wage is always zero.

When you raise the minimum wage, you increase low wage workers ability to buy more products and services. That actually provides a better boost for economic growth than tax cuts for people making over $100,000 dollars a year who never change the consumer habits when they get a tax cut.

But that is simply not true. Because you are assuming those people will simply keep their jobs, and make more money. That just isn't the case. Factually wrong.

Every single time you raise the minimum wage, jobs are lost. Every single time.

UW study finds Seattle’s minimum wage is costing jobs

The only time jobs are not lost, is if the price of everything goes up. If I have to pay you, my employee, more money, then I have to charge you my customer more money.

2007 to 2009, is a perfect example. The minimum wage went from $5.25 to $7.25. Why did this not cause an "increase low wage workers ability to buy more products and services"?

You need more evidence?

If you compare unemployment rates from 2006 to 2011, you will see that unemployment began to fall in 2010. That's the year after the last minimum wage hike that hit in 2009. Coincidence?

Here's another one. Do you know when the first minimum wage hike hit? August 2007. Want to know when the stock market began to slide? Sept/October of 2007. Coincidence?

Awful lot of coincidences with left-wing ideology.

But even if you just assume that these coincidences had nothing to do with minimum wage.... there is one thing that I can say conclusively: There is zero evidence that increasing the minimum wage had a positive economic benefit.

By the way, Greece had the exact same results. Greece had a minimum wage tied to inflation. The unemployment rate in Greece, increased every year, with the minimum wage wage until 2012. In 2012 Greece CUT their minimum wage, and that was the first year unemployment began to fall.

How US minimum wage laws ruined American Samoa’s economy | Sparta Report

The same thing happened in American Samoa. Jacking up the minimum wage, resulted in employment loss, and devastation for the economy of the island.

There is not single example of any country or group, raising the minimum wage into prosperity. Not one.

As for tax cuts for the rich....

Tax cuts for the rich always results in prosperity. Always.

Ireland well known as being tax shelter, called for years the Celtic Tiger.
Singapore, very pro-rich.
Australia, relatively low tax.
Switzerland actually is a relatively low tax country, and very prosperous.
equal protection of the law for unemployment compensation for simply being unemployed on an at-will basis is a simple market based solution that can solve simple poverty in our republic on an at-will basis in our at-will employment States.

And here's the translation into English:

You want to be paid simply for existing.

I want to be paid simply for existing, too. Unlike leftists, though, I understand that it's not gonna happen.

View attachment 264072

A Heritage Foundation analysis from 2016 estimated that a $15 federal minimum wage would wipe out 7 million jobs. Hardest hit would be workers, businesses, and economies in areas with low costs of living. (like Mississippi where cost of living is 87% of USA standard.
Mississippi cost of living is 87.8% Mississippi Cost of Living

Liberal activists demand a “living wage,” but the truth is that only a tiny handful of hourly wage workers make the minimum wage or less (4 percent), according to the Employment Policies Institute. On the contrary, a whopping 44 percent of hourly workers currently earn at or below the proposed $15 minimum wage.

Now consider what the $15 minimum wage would do.

For a restaurant that employs 10 minimum wage workers, a $15 minimum wage hike would cost them about $170,000 per year. If the restaurant currently earns profit margins of 5 percent, it would have to increase sales by $3.5 million per year, or an extra $67,000 every week.

But that is not realistic. The likely scenario is that they’ll either have to cut working hours or fire some workers altogether. Either way, most people are worse off than before.

Lawmakers Are Pushing a $15 Minimum Wage. Here Are 3 Disastrous Consequences That Would Result.
Robotic waiters...

View attachment 264073

I doubt if the dumb Tard Bitch knows Mississippi is a state.....

View attachment 264072

A Heritage Foundation analysis from 2016 estimated that a $15 federal minimum wage would wipe out 7 million jobs. Hardest hit would be workers, businesses, and economies in areas with low costs of living. (like Mississippi where cost of living is 87% of USA standard.

Liberal activists demand a “living wage,” but the truth is that only a tiny handful of hourly wage workers make the minimum wage or less (4 percent), according to the Employment Policies Institute. On the contrary, a whopping 44 percent of hourly workers currently earn at or below the proposed $15 minimum wage.

For a restaurant that employs 10 minimum wage workers, a $15 minimum wage hike would cost them about $170,000 per year. If the restaurant currently earns profit margins of 5 percent, it would have to increase sales by $3.5 million per year, or an extra $67,000 every week.

But that is not realistic. The likely scenario is that they’ll either have to cut working hours or fire some workers altogether. Either way, most people are worse off than before.

Lawmakers Are Pushing a $15 Minimum Wage. Here Are 3 Disastrous Consequences That Would Result.
Robotic waiters...

tRumps corporate tax cut lowered federal taxes paid by corporations by 50%. Why can't the businesses use the tax cuts by raising pay and/or benefits, I did?

You are such an enormous liar. "I did", my ass. Do you really believe anyone is remotely fooled by your "Internet billionaire" act? Maybe you're paying your dog to spend time with you, but that's about it.

It's very telling that you can't rebut anything that I write.

Because we've learned that you often speak out of your butt, and say things that are absolute nonsense. There have been a dozen times where you proved clearly, that you had no idea what you were talking about.

View attachment 264072

Robotic waiters...

tRumps corporate tax cut lowered federal taxes paid by corporations by 50%. Why can't the businesses use the tax cuts by raising pay and/or benefits, I did?

A) Corporate taxes were NOT cut by 50%! Once again an exaggeration. Learn About Corporate Tax Rates and How to Calculate What You Owe
B) You asked a dumb question "Why can't the businesses use the tax cuts by raising pay and/or benefits"
Answer : They did you dummy!
List of companies that paid bonuses or boosted pay since tax bill passed
COMPANY BONUS NO. OF EMPLOYEES GETTING BONUS
  • AT&T $1,000 200,000
  • Alaska Airlines $1,000 19,000
  • American Airlines $1,000 130,000
  • Bank of America $1,000 145,000
  • BB&T $1,200 27,000
  • Comcast $1,000 100,000
  • Fifth Third Bank $1,000 13,500
  • JetBlue $1,000 21,000
  • Nationwide $1,000 29,000
  • PNC Financial $1,000 47,500
  • Sinclair Broadcast $1,000 9,000
  • Southwest Airlines $1,000 55,000
  • Travelers $1,000 14,000
  • U.S. Bancorp $1,000 60,000
  • Walmart up to $1,000 n/a

Finally YOU never paid any "employees" because you are too economically stupid to have any business much less people working for you!
You're ignorance shows you don't have any business!

View attachment 264072

Robotic waiters...

You are such an enormous liar. "I did", my ass. Do you really believe anyone is remotely fooled by your "Internet billionaire" act? Maybe you're paying your dog to spend time with you, but that's about it.

Because we've learned that you often speak out of your butt, and say things that are absolute nonsense. There have been a dozen times where you proved clearly, that you had no idea what you were talking about.

He doesn't seem to get that when his argument is based on what he allegedly did, calling him a liar and saying he did no such thing IS a valid rebuttal.

View attachment 264072

Robotic waiters...

A) Corporate taxes were NOT cut by 50%! Once again an exaggeration. Learn About Corporate Tax Rates and How to Calculate What You Owe
B) You asked a dumb question "Why can't the businesses use the tax cuts by raising pay and/or benefits"
Answer : They did you dummy!
COMPANY BONUS NO. OF EMPLOYEES GETTING BONUS
  • AT&T $1,000 200,000
  • Alaska Airlines $1,000 19,000
  • American Airlines $1,000 130,000
  • Bank of America $1,000 145,000
  • BB&T $1,200 27,000
  • Comcast $1,000 100,000
  • Fifth Third Bank $1,000 13,500
  • JetBlue $1,000 21,000
  • Nationwide $1,000 29,000
  • PNC Financial $1,000 47,500
  • Sinclair Broadcast $1,000 9,000
  • Southwest Airlines $1,000 55,000
  • Travelers $1,000 14,000
  • U.S. Bancorp $1,000 60,000
  • Walmart up to $1,000 n/a

Finally YOU never paid any "employees" because you are too economically stupid to have any business much less people working for you!
You're ignorance is fact you don't have a business is shown by your comments!

Guessing the 1% applies to mental capacity not financial status.

There's an easy way out of all this regional cost-of-living hor$e$hit...

If the Feds are bound-and-determined to raise the Minimum Wager, then...

Compute a low-end national baseline for Minimum Wage, in some low cost-of-living region or another, then...

Apply the Federal OPM Locality Pay tables, with their percentage-increases by region vs. a national baseline...

For example...

* the national baseline = $12.00 per hour minimum wage
* the regional multiplier from OPM = 1.27
* the regional minimum wage = $15.24 ( 12.00 x 1.27 )

Puts more money in the pockets of worker bees living in high cost-of-living regions...

Puts a proportionally equal amount of money in the pockets of worker bees who live in lower cost-of-living areas...

Not exactly rocket science, and already in-play with respect to the pay for a couple of million Feds.

Why doesn't the states just do it as they have?

because the right wing complains about the cost of welfare.

Except when the welfare is for corporations.

View attachment 264072

Robotic waiters...

View attachment 264073

Moving the minimum sage to $15 in mississippi would triple the average wage in state.

I see another liberal is bad at math/ economics and reality

Just as I thought, minimum wage $7.25 in Alabama and McDonald's paying over it

Crew (hiring for overnight shifts starting pay $9.00/hr to $10.25/hr) - Madison, AL 35758 - Indeed.com

Crew (hiring for overnight shifts starting pay $9.00/hr to $10.25/hr)
Johnson Partners, Inc. dba McDonald's

24,691 reviews

Madison, AL 35758

Full-time?

How about we just offer them a trip all expenses paid, back to their home country? They are here illegally! Then they can worry about the minimum wage in their shithole!

You mean jail employers (like tRump) that hire illegals?

View attachment 264072

Robotic waiters...

View attachment 264073

Moving the minimum sage to $15 in mississippi would triple the average wage in state.

I see another liberal is bad at math/ economics and reality

Just as I thought, minimum wage $7.25 in Alabama and McDonald's paying over it

Crew (hiring for overnight shifts starting pay $9.00/hr to $10.25/hr) - Madison, AL 35758 - Indeed.com

Crew (hiring for overnight shifts starting pay $9.00/hr to $10.25/hr)
Johnson Partners, Inc. dba McDonald's

24,691 reviews

Madison, AL 35758

I saw a sign this week offering new workers at White Castle here in KY $12.00 to start. Pretty soon the fast food industry is going to look very inviting for low skilled people to make a lot of money.

Full-time?

Fifteen dollars an hour is not a lot of money even by Mississippi terms.
I earned that twenty years ago and could barely support my family on it.

You are not supposed to support a family on minimum wage. You were likely just lousy with money as most libtards tend to be.

Then;

-Jail all employers that knowingly hire illegal aliens.

-End all worker visa programs.

-Base Federal tax for corporations at 30% of revenue.

-Raise minimum wage to $23.50/hr. Based on where minimum wage should be using 1970-2019 rise in food, shelter, and transportation.

-Eliminate all business subsidies (deductions/write-offs/write-downs) except for employee expenses which are deducted dollar-for-dollar on all city, state, and Federal taxes and fees with the Feds refunding city, State, and fees.

-Companies with unlimited employees; employee expenses above the deduction are subsidized at 100% with funds usually give back to the States.

-Adjust Social Security and private/public retirement and pension payments using 1970-2019 price structure.

-Remove the FICA limit.

-Back down ALL costs, prices, fees, to January 1, 2009 levels and hold them for 15 years which will eliminate inflation.

-Recall ALL off-shore investments tax free, and disallow any further off-shore investments.

-Make inversion illegal.

My plan would reduce business costs for employees and taxes to 30%. That's a 15%-30% drop.

My plan would put BILLIONS into the economy daily.

My plan would put the $100 trillion plus currently owned by corporate America back into the economy.

My plan would end all welfare.

My plan would significantly increase social security and pension payments.

View attachment 264072

Robotic waiters...

True, mainly because everything you write is incomprehensible!

To Putin salad-tossers like you.

We need to raise minimum wage to $15 to start

Then tie it to increases based on inflation rate without Congressional approval

But of course those favoring the $15/hr nationally are also truly ignorant believing one size fits all.

Well, that is what the minimum wage is. The minimum wage is currently $7.25 an hour. It needs to be raised to at least $12 dollars an hour even in low cost living places like Mississippi and Tennessee.
Long overdue

It needs to go to $15 to compensate for a decade without an increase

$15 dollars might be a little high in places like Mississippi and Tennessee, but nearly every where else, it would fit like a glove. $12 dollars is not going to hurt anything in Mississippi except for people who are poor managers of business. A minimum wage as a high as $15 dollars might be ok for Mississippi too.

So what do you do with the people who make $15.00 an hour now? How much are you going to raise their pay, so they are no longer working for minimum wage.

In my current job, I am salaried and work many more hours per week than those I supervise. They just received a nice pay raise to the point where they make almost as much as I do. Because I work extra hours without compensation, our pay per hour is roughly equivalent. How do justify that for those making $15.00 an hour who now realize that the people they once supervised now make the same paycheck they do?

You were stupid by not staying hourly.

Fifteen bucks for an hour of someone’s life?

Seems pretty cheap to me.

Well keep that thought as this image will replace that teenager who is getting more than just a paycheck working at that minimum wage job.
View attachment 264162

Whether the minimum wage is $7 dollars or $15 dollars won't make any difference in if or when a company introduces a robot or computer to take over someone's job.

With the unemployment rate at 3.6%, the robots are not helping any at this point. Massive labor shortages all over the place!

So your fiendishly clever plan is to put companies out of business and their employees out of work?

Name one company that went "out of business" because they paid their employees to much money.

The list is endless, you moron! If you pay your employees a set salary and you are not bringing in the revenue to pay them, what happens, dumbass?

If the list is endless, then name one company.

There's an easy way out of all this regional cost-of-living hor$e$hit...

If the Feds are bound-and-determined to raise the Minimum Wager, then...

Compute a low-end national baseline for Minimum Wage, in some low cost-of-living region or another, then...

Apply the Federal OPM Locality Pay tables, with their percentage-increases by region vs. a national baseline...

For example...

* the national baseline = $12.00 per hour minimum wage
* the regional multiplier from OPM = 1.27
* the regional minimum wage = $15.24 ( 12.00 x 1.27 )

Puts more money in the pockets of worker bees living in high cost-of-living regions...

Puts a proportionally equal amount of money in the pockets of worker bees who live in lower cost-of-living areas...

Not exactly rocket science, and already in-play with respect to the pay for a couple of million Feds.

Why doesn't the states just do it as they have?

because the right wing complains about the cost of welfare.

Except when the welfare is for corporations.

Coporation welfare brings in jobs for all

Forum List

Back